Options

Can somebody help me out

JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
I got the avocado vinyl but they did not give me the original paper sleeves........anyone have a picture on what they look like...........greatly appreciate..........Thank You

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    They're just basic white paper sleeves with the center cut out. Why not just buy some high quality sleeves?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

They're just basic white paper sleeves with the center cut out. Why not just buy some high quality sleeves?

That's what I do.
    Your high quality/expensive vinyl deserves better ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited July 2015
    There is nothing special about them. Just normal white paper sleeves with curved corners and a hole in the middle if I remember correctly. As soon as I got my copy I threw out the original sleeves and replaced them with MOFI original master sleeves. There really isn't any point in having original sleeves if they're just plain white paper.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile poly-sleeves from Sleeve City are my absolute favorite.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile poly-sleeves from Sleeve City are my absolute favorite.

I'm looking those up now. Going to get em' for the entire PJ collection. Except for the LO10L because those came with decent ones if I recall?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I'm looking those up now. Going to get em' for the entire PJ collection. Except for the LO10L because those came with decent ones if I recall?
    Yup. Those are good

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I used to get poly-lined paper sleeves because I liked how solid they are and how easy to handle. Then I tried the MOFI sleeves because a few people ranted about them. At first I didn't like then because they are harder to handle about first, when you're not used to them. But pretty soon you get completely used to the difference, and i am pretty sure I like then way more than the best poly-lined paper bands I tried. The best feature is that they are super durable, but still ultra thin, so you can use them in almost all jackets, even with the original sleeves in there as well (the art sleeves you do want to keep, and preserve by not using them).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Here is potentially a dumb question. When you change the original sleeves over to the poly sleeves, if the original sleeves had print on them and were vinyl specific, did you still keep those in with the vinyl or pull them out and store them elsewhere?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Here is potentially a dumb question. When you change the original sleeves over to the poly sleeves, if the original sleeves had print on them and were vinyl specific, did you still keep those in with the vinyl or pull them out and store them elsewhere? </blockq No such thing as a dumb question.......they did not have sleeves at all ...........thanks for commenting

• Options
    Thank you everybody for responding!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    deadendp said:

Here is potentially a dumb question. When you change the original sleeves over to the poly sleeves, if the original sleeves had print on them and were vinyl specific, did you still keep those in with the vinyl or pull them out and store them elsewhere?

If they have any kind of printing on them I always keep them - I would never separate album art. I just keep them in the jacket with everything else and keep the vinyl in replacement sleeves in the jacket too. With the MOFI sleeves it almost always all still fits in the jacket together, which is exactly why those are my favorite kind of sleeve. If the jacket d9es happen to be too tight to take replacement sleeves as well I just stick with the original sleeves. Honestly, unless you don't handle them carefully, there isn't a massive reason not to use original sleeves. I always use poly-lined when I can, but doing that is actuallh pretty anal, lol. I'd say it's one of the least necessary things vinyl collectors love to do. :lol: But when I pull a record out of a rough paper or cardboard sleeve I get this picture of the vinyl being scraped to shit when it rubs on that sandpapery sleeve, hahaha, so I like the poly-lined smoothness, but seriously, it's really pretty much all in our heads, lol.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

deadendp said:

If they have any kind of printing on them I always keep them - I would never separate album art. I just keep them in the jacket with everything else and keep the vinyl in replacement sleeves in the jacket too. With the MOFI sleeves it almost always all still fits in the jacket together, which is exactly why those are my favorite kind of sleeve. If the jacket d9es happen to be too tight to take replacement sleeves as well I just stick with the original sleeves. Honestly, unless you don't handle them carefully, there isn't a massive reason not to use original sleeves. I always use poly-lined when I can, but doing that is actuallh pretty anal, lol. I'd say it's one of the least necessary things vinyl collectors love to do. :lol: But when I pull a record out of a rough paper or cardboard sleeve I get this picture of the vinyl being scraped to shit when it rubs on that sandpapery sleeve, hahaha, so I like the poly-lined smoothness, but seriously, it's really pretty much all in our heads, lol.
    Thanks! Scraping against the cardboard liner is why my husband said my PJ CDs have little scrapes on them. Makes sense to translate that to vinyl.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    It does, but CDs are actually a fair bit more delicate than vinyl is. Anyway, I'm not suggesting you don't use poly sleeves... i certainly don't plan on stopping. But just to keep it in perspective, I have purchased a lot of used vinyl that was always kept in the original old paper sleeves, and the vinyl in none the worse for wear usually (assuming it's not otherwise damaged). Plus any old vinyl that I still have from childhood, same deal. My original copy of Thriller came in and out of that paper sleeve hundreds of times, and that record is still in as good or better condition as any record I own (and yet I still moved it to a poly sleeve last year, lol).
    Bottom line, the real damage that happens to records is from play with bad needles or TTs or poorly balanced tonearm, and from careless handling outside of the sleeves.