Options

Scumbag US Dentist Poaches Awesome Lion

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Enkidu said:

Oh my hell, now there's a chick. Sabrina Corgatelli. Her Facebook page will make you throw up. Oh, she might have taken it down. She's on Twitter though. Clearly classy.

what's she going to do with that poor giraffe? stuff it and have it displayed in her house?

and apparently, yes...giraffes are endangered.

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/African_giraffes_highly_endangered_study_999.html
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I just don't get the connection where "look at this amazing rare and beautiful giraffe" meets the killing part of the activity. Especially when there isn't a human need attached to the killing.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i have no mercies for these people the honestly deserve the same treatment....
    ``unless they have true remorse and never do it again but turn the page and protect these animals``
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    g, I agree.

And even if legal, what's the point? I read a bit from the chick Enkidu posted about - how on earth does "getting" an animal bring a rush of positive emotion? Unless the animal was coming at me by no fault of my own and I'm saving my life, in which case, it'd be nowhere near euphoria save for being thankful for being alive - but more like shitting my pants.

I simply don't understand the need - the drive - to do this. Granted morality is subjective, but this just strikes me as utterly fucked up.
  • Options
  • Options

Here he is in another pic.
    I know there are many other pics like this of big game hunters.
    I just don't get it?
    The fucking smiles
    Another reason to state there are two types of humans.

sick smiles on their faces
    when that animal is enclosed in a red lighted circle with those morons defenseless
    i will be the one to detect any escape holes for them to get out of and escape
    and i will make sure
    they cant escape...
    thats what i would do because im a cup of refreshing water and all about the love and justice
    yes a heart of gold like my mum and sensitive like my tough dad
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sure it's a camera / flash thing, but I find it interesting how the dead creature is the only one with light in his eyes.
  • Options
    perfectly said hedonist..
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Sure it's a camera / flash thing, but I find it interesting how the dead creature is the only one with light in his eyes.

Dogs, cats, and many other mammals have a Tapetum lucidum which reflects light back through the retina to help with night vision. Humans don't have this layer.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Headlines are indicating he won't be charged in connection to the death.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    trophy hunting idiots should be hunted down & offed, some would even pay good money for this opportunity. we could rid the planet of some rejects & generate funds to help with endangered species. yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    chadwick said:

trophy hunting idiots should be hunted down & offed, some would even pay good money for this opportunity. we could rid the planet of some rejects & generate funds to help with endangered species. yes/no?

Would the hunters of the trophy hunters be able to stuff and mount them in their dens?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Suicidal man jumps into lions’ den at zoo; guards shoot and kill lions, he survives

SANTIAGO, CHILE (AP) – Two lions were killed after they severely mauled a man who stripped naked and entered their enclosure in an apparent suicide attempt early Saturday, authorities said.

The man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and was said to be in grave condition.

Director Alejandra Montalba of Santiago's Metropolitan Zoo told local media the park was crowded with visitors at the time of the incident.

The 20-year-old man broke into the enclosure, took off his clothes and jumped into the middle, horrifying other visitors who witnessed the attack. Zookeepers killed the two lions in order to save his life.

"The zoo has an established protocol because people's lives are very important to us," said Montalba, adding that there were no fast-acting tranquilizers available to stop the lions from mauling the man. She said she was "deeply affected" by the deaths of the two lions, a male and a female.

latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/05/23/chilean-man-mauled-after-jumping-naked-into-lions-enclosure-at-zoo/?intcmp=hplnws
  • Options
    Bad times for our furry friends!

Smoky Mountains Park euthanizes wrong bear after hiker bitten

NASHVILLE (Reuters) - Officials at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park killed the wrong bear after a man who was hiking the Appalachian Trail was bitten in the leg earlier this month, a park spokeswoman said on Monday.

After a bear bit through the hiker's tent on May 10, park workers took saliva and fur samples to try to identify the bear that was responsible. The hiker was treated in a hospital and released.

On May 13, before results came back from the DNA testing on the samples, park service wildlife officials confronted a 400-pound (180 kg) male black bear and tranquilized it.

Wildlife biologists examined the bear and noted dental-canine injuries consistent with the hiker's wounds, said Dana Soehn, spokeswoman for the park, which straddles the Tennessee-North Carolina border.

"It was a large, dominant male bear that fit the profile of the bear we expected to be responsible for the attack," Soehn said.

The biologists decided to euthanize the bear because it was too big to be carried for six miles from the back-country to a place it could be confined while awaiting the test results, and they could not fit a tracking collar on its head, she added.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore