Options

Scumbag US Dentist Poaches Awesome Lion

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited July 2015
    to what? Kill him?

Its very unlikely anyone will... But I would go into hiding if there were 1,000s/100s of thousands of people making threats (including Piers Morgan), serious or not.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    MayDay10 said:

to what? Kill him?

Its very unlikely anyone will... But I would go into hiding if there were 1,000s/100s of thousands of people making threats (including Piers Morgan), serious or not.

Violence for violence. Death threats for killing. You even said you wanted to punch him a few times.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    This is very funny. In a dark way. But it made me smile. (I would punch the dentist in the face if I saw him.) http://newsthump.com/2015/07/29/tony-the-tiger-shoots-dentist-while-on-holiday-in-minnesota/
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I like the idea of dropping him off in the wilderness and see how he fends for himself without his guns, bows and arrows.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I think this guy could have assassinated the POTUS and generated less world wide hate.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I am pretty thrilled to hear that this guy's life is being ruined because of what he did (and because of the bullshit lies he is now telling). No sympathy at all. Hopefully he'll end up homeless and alone. I was actually a little annoyed by the news this morning about this, because the newscasters seemed to feel kind of bad for the man, as though the witch hunt is unreasonable. But IMO, the witch hunt is completely justified and quite satisfying (as much as it can be knowing what happened to the lion). I never want his current living hell to end, really. I could hope that he is charged and sent to Zimbabwe to answer the charges, namely because I imagine jails over there are pretty unpleasant, but that won't happen, unfortunately.

Just learned this morning that he was previously charged for hunting and killing a bear where he wasn't allowed to 2009. This guy knew exactly what he was doing when he illegally killed that lion. What a dirty liar.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2015

MayDay10 said:

to what? Kill him?

Violence for violence. Death threats for killing. You even said you wanted to punch him a few times.
    Not that I support him being killed, but yeah, I'd think being attacked or murdered is a legitimate concern for him right now, and while I don't want anyone to murder anyone, I hope the guy is truly living in fear. He at least deserves that. I'll add that I wish the same or similar upon anyone who has purposefully done a horrible thing... it's just that the dentist is in the news ATM.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    You guys want to see this guy burn harder and faster than someone that has actually killed people. This wasn't a year old kid. It was an animal. Yes, the guy is a scumbag. But you never want to see his suffering end?

People who kill people serve 20 years. Do you want their suffering to end? I'm betting alot of you would be all for the second degree murderer to get his life started back over.
  • Options
    Don't most deer hunters "lure" the deer to a tree with a pile of corn?
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Eye for an eye. For this one he should get a choice:

1. Give the zimbabwe government the loss of tourist money by having killed the lion
    2. If he can't afford that be dropped off in the middle of the jungle. If he makes it out alive then he is forgiven. Put him and the lions on even terms (he can have a small knife since they have claws).
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm with Ani on this!

Last-12, I have no problem with child molesters and other sick fucks suffering for a long, long time. This particular sick fuck took part in MANY pre-meditated killings over the years for sport.

For fucking sport.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    hedonist said:

I'm with Ani on this!

Last-12, I have no problem with child molesters and other sick fucks suffering for a long, long time. This particular sick fuck took part in MANY pre-meditated killings over the years for sport.

For fucking sport.

Exactly. They call it 'trophy hunting'
    Just to mount the head of the animals they killed in their house.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793

You guys want to see this guy burn harder and faster than someone that has actually killed people. This wasn't a year old kid. It was an animal. Yes, the guy is a scumbag. But you never want to see his suffering end?

People who kill people serve 20 years. Do you want their suffering to end? I'm betting alot of you would be all for the second degree murderer to get his life started back over.

How about we send Mr. Dentist back to Zimbabwe to face charges. That's sounds fair, right?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

How about we send Mr. Dentist back to Zimbabwe to face charges. That's sounds fair, right?
    As long as the United states has an extradition treaty with Zimbabwe. Sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

No ... although there is a minority of idiots that do. A true man will get up at 4am and freeze his ass off in a tree stand that he will most likely fall out of at some point in his life.

Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im sad about this but not as much as my mum shes so upset
    she doesnt have very nice things to say about the guy
    lol shes even apologising to God about whats going through her mind
  • Options
    edited July 2015

"Fair" and "Zimbabwe" should not be said in the same sentence. I think with about $250 and a case of Coca Cola you could bribe an entire city.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Jason P said:

No ... although there is a minority of idiots that do. A true man will get up at 4am and freeze his ass off in a tree stand that he will most likely fall out of at some point in his life.

This time of year, thats what hunters are talking about. I've heard it twice just this morning. "You get your corn out yet?"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    People I know just kind of sit out there all Autumn...

Some of the wealthier people I work with pay money to go to some sort of canned ranch or something and get huge deer there.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If you're going to a foreign country to do something like this and have that much money at your disposal, you dot your i's and cross your t's about their hunting laws. Just because you thought you weren't breaking the law doesn't make you innocent. We should let a lion do some dental work on him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    There is a "hunting" reserve about 40 minutes from where I live. NASCAR and Country singers have paid $50K to shoot a trophy buck. $50K for a deer!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I don't care if I end up a hypocrite. I hope a dog goes Cujo on him or gets attacked by that cat from Tales From The Darkside.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    JK_Livin said:

If you're going to a foreign country to do something like this and have that much money at your disposal, you dot your i's and cross your t's about their hunting laws. Just because you thought you weren't breaking the law doesn't make you innocent. We should let a lion do some dental work on him.

this here ^

a whole pile of americans do not make $50k a year. a whole pile of americans never have saw $50k. then we have jerkoffs like this dentist here who can travel thousands of miles to a distant land, pay big dollars to kill something they want hung on their wall & thoroughly just being a piece of shit on a day to day basis sucks bad... yeah no morals & shit like that
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I saw somewhere online yesterday that a reporter looked around for ONE person who was defending the dentist. And he couldn't find anybody. And then this morning on the news there was Ted Nugent: “It was a wild lion from a ‘park’ where hunting is legal & ESSENTIAL beyond the park borders. All animals reproduce every year & would run out of room/food to live w/o hunting. I will write a full piece on this joke asap. God are people stupid.”

Read More: Ted Nugent Defends Lion-Killing Dentist | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ted-nugent-cecil-the-lion/?trackback=tsmclip
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    http://www.vox.com/2015/7/28/9064325/cecil-the-lion

I find it very disturbing they or this hunter went to this length to kill this animal by luring him from his somewhat protected park....

WHAT HAPPENED TO CECIL?

The details of Cecil's killing are disturbing — and they're important for understanding why this has become such a controversy.

Hwange National Park is a "free roam" zone under Zimbabwean law, which means that hunting isn't allowed in the park and killing Cecil inside of it would have been illegal.

When Walter James Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota, went to Zimbabwe in July, he found a way around this law. According to the Zimbabwe Parks & Wildlife Management Authority, two locals are facing charges for assisting in Cecil's killing: a hunter identified as Theo Bronkhorst and a local farmer identified as Honest Trymore Ndlovu.

The three of them strapped an animal carcass to a car they parked outside Hwange, on Ndlovu's farm, as bait to draw out Cecil. Once Cecil left the park, it became theoretically legal to shoot him, which Palmer did, with a crossbow.

The arrow only wounded the lion. Palmer stalked him for 40 hours, and then shot him again, this time with a rifle. Then Palmer, Bronkhorst, and Ndlovu skinned his corpse and cut off his head.

This entire hunt for the dentist cost him 50k. I have to find an image of this magnificent animal.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    ted is a pain in the ass
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Apparently the dentist had a bear related felony record....
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cecil-lion-killer-walter-james-palmer-has-bear-related-felony-n400226

The saddest part about all this is Cecil was the leader of two prides and without him protecting his Cubs they are in danger from other male lions. Who may want to take over his prides and the females within.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

No. My feelings about this man have nothing to do with my feelings about other people, and I don't want him to suffer more than a murderer of humans. Though I don't particularly want him to suffer any less either.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Right. And it's also fair that the incident is ruining his life. I'm happy about that. I hope he never recovers from it, quite frankly. He's a liar and murders animals for sport (and obviously has no problem doing it illegally). Again, I wouldn't want to him dead or physically harmed (I don't wish that upon anyone), but anything less than that is a-okay with me.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    JK_Livin said:

I think he knew perfectly well that he was breaking the law (or at least willfully cheating it). He's just a liar about it. He's got a history of breaking these kinds of laws.