Options

PJ Rock Opera/Concept album please

DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
Now that The Who Hits 50! tour is in full swing this year and could very well be the last we see of Daltrey & Townshend together. I was thinking of how immensely influential the Who were to the band especially EV.
if not for the Who there wouldn't be PJ, guaranteed. Listen to their albums and you'll see how EV adopted in a sense Pete's songwriting and artistry.

Which also got me thinking why hasn't the band ever done a rock opera/concept album like Quadrophenia, Tommy, The Wall, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, etc.?
I know rock operas died off in the 70s going into the 80s but those albums are some of the biggest records EVER.

We need at least one before they don't have it in them to record a double album or at least maybe an all instrumental one. enough of the "short, to the point, rehashed greatest hits, punk rock w/ ballads" albums...
U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    What can we say? PJ..., they do what they want.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Then can we get the next album reissue?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    Why bother? I disagree. I hope they don't do it. You don't have to copy everything your idols did.

If you want a concept album, then put on the Who. Sorry but I disagree with the concept idea for PJ.. The Who are good at achieving their operas, PJ are better at delivering songs without a unifying theme being necessary.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,321
    Momma-Son is probably the closest. If you want, the self-titled could be somewhat of a concept album.
    I miss igotid88