Options

Pearl Jam Vs. Green Day. Round 3. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

Comments

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    but 60 and eye liner is ok because ehhh
    Mr. Robert Smith.
    smarchee said:

my2hands said:

Dude was like 40 years old wearing eye liner

awful
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    rssesq said:

Mr. Robert Smith.

smarchee said:

my2hands said:

awful
    Alice cooper gets away with it

• Options
    Lol im sure U2 puts on a killer show just havent come out with any music i enjoy listening to for a while
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    He should stick to golf.
    Gillycw said:

rssesq said:

Mr. Robert Smith.

smarchee said:

my2hands said:

awful

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    it's getting close again
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    50.73 pj Mike Ness wore eyeliner until 40 something
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Lol im sure U2 puts on a killer show just havent come out with any music i enjoy listening to for a while

It's different than anything else you've ever seen before. Just trust me. It's performance art. The stage they have setup at MSG is nuts. They play most of the show from this walkway with a humongous see through HD monitor running down the sides. Its hard to even describe. It's insane.

At the minimum, if you like them at all you owe it to yourself to at least see them play once in your life.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I did not enjoy the U2 show I saw. I was behind the stage though.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    CopperTom said:

I did not enjoy the U2 show I saw. I was behind the stage though.

Wow really? I was behind the stage and loved it
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    mcgruff10 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Green Day back in the mid 90s were off the fucking chain good live. But so was Pearl Jam.

Poppycock. I saw them at MSG like 3-4 years ago and they were awesome. I've seen them like 4 or 5 times and they haven't disappointed once.

I guess this tournament is only for hard(er) rock, but I went to see the U2 show at MSG last night, and it's hard not to say they don't put on one of the best shows you will ever see. I am not even that much of a U2 fan, but there is no way anyone can go see them live and not walk away impressed. The fucking production quality of their shows is mind boggling. It's like watching a weird hybrid of a rock show, a Broadway show, and Game of Thrones or something. Either way, if anyone is in NYC I highly recommend seeing one of the remaining shows. You won't be disappointed.
    I feel like you meant to say its hard to say they dont put on one of the best shows you will ever see. Lol either that or it just seemed confusing to me
    Yeah, this was not one of my better displays of grammar.

U2 puts on a hellava show. That should be clearer, I hope.
    I saw U2 Wednesday night at MSG: they are amazing live! I ll be seeing them monday night on the floor!!!
    How about the singer with a broken finger?

Epic Bono impersonation!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:

It's different than anything else you've ever seen before. Just trust me. It's performance art. The stage they have setup at MSG is nuts. They play most of the show from this walkway with a humongous see through HD monitor running down the sides. Its hard to even describe. It's insane.

At the minimum, if you like them at all you owe it to yourself to at least see them play once in your life.
    Totally agree. I saw the 7/22 show at MSG and it was spectacular. U2 can hang with anyone live. Where Pearl Jam edges them out is the ability to get a different spectacular show every night. U2 is more or less the same show from night to night.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880

Agreed. I think if we get put up against X Japan were gonna have some major issues taking them on. I guess they haven't had to much competition (no offence meant to anyone) but I don't know they destroy everyone there up against lol

who are X Japan? that's the only band i never heard of that's on the list.

edit: apparently they are a Japanese heavy metal band.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Japan
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    too close right now.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Green Day back in the mid 90s were off the fucking chain good live. But so was Pearl Jam.

Poppycock. I saw them at MSG like 3-4 years ago and they were awesome. I've seen them like 4 or 5 times and they haven't disappointed once.

I guess this tournament is only for hard(er) rock, but I went to see the U2 show at MSG last night, and it's hard not to say they don't put on one of the best shows you will ever see. I am not even that much of a U2 fan, but there is no way anyone can go see them live and not walk away impressed. The fucking production quality of their shows is mind boggling. It's like watching a weird hybrid of a rock show, a Broadway show, and Game of Thrones or something. Either way, if anyone is in NYC I highly recommend seeing one of the remaining shows. You won't be disappointed.
    I feel like you meant to say its hard to say they dont put on one of the best shows you will ever see. Lol either that or it just seemed confusing to me

I saw U2 Wednesday night at MSG: they are amazing live! I ll be seeing them monday night on the floor!!!

Epic Bono impersonation!
    Dude, my wife and I are huge fallon fans! Epic! And my man can sing!!!!
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Oh i do like there old stuff. The first few albums i like quite a bit. Im sure I would enjoy it
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2015
    Gillycw said:

rssesq said:

Mr. Robert Smith.

smarchee said:

my2hands said:

awful

KISS (who also put on a helluva show... i won't be surprised if they are in the final against PJ)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Epic Bono impersonation!
    Did you see what actually happened to his finger?!?!?! Omg, SO gross!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Epic Bono impersonation!
    I was half amazed at how well he sings and half amazed at his dead on mimicking of Bono's mannerisms. Loved it :smiley:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Epic Bono impersonation!
    Did you see what actually happened to his finger?!?!?! Omg, SO gross!
    soooooo gross!!!! ewwwwwwwwwww!
  • Options
    51 to 49.
  • Options
    Come om guys keep voting
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    rssesq said:

Mr. Robert Smith.

smarchee said:

my2hands said:

awful
    eh, that doesn't bother me because that's part of his schtick

Billy Joe just adopted later in his career for reasons only he knows and it's lame much like there appearance on American Idol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options