Options

Pono players will be part of Amazon Prime Day

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
I am not exactly in the market for one of these, but I just noticed that the $400 Pono players will be going on sale on Amazon at 9:50 a.m. (CST?). I'm guessing the discount will be pretty steep based on other sales going on.

Anyone planning on picking one up today?

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    So the company didn't fold eh?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    $330
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

So the company didn't fold eh?

Not yet...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I totally forgot that these existed.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,115
    Yah they seemed to have dropped under the radar since the original limited edition kickstarter versions. I was wondering how they stacked up against other portable high def players that were cheaper.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    so am i in a minority in enjoying my pono? i certainly wouldn't hesitate recommending one to someone.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Its a cool product just a very niche one. I knew it wouldnt set the world on fire like Neil thought
  • Options
    not that great of a deal at $330. I was hoping for less than $200
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The whole "prime day" was a scam. They had a few good deals, but those sold out in seconds.

I did see the Pono come up for sale but I agree that it still wasn't a great deal ... $330 is probably the market price it should be at currently and that may even be too high.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, "Prime Day" was kind of a mess and a whole lot of garbage. Very tough to navigate.

I did find a few useful things though. Got 2 huge boxes of diapers at a good price, plus was given a $25 Amazon card. Bought a replacement for my grilling set... making food for the family uses the same one as tailgates so the set is a little grungier than I prefer for my family. Was cheap. Also got some remote control car thing for my kid for $11. Coffee K Cups at a cheap bulk rate... Oh yeah, 2 huge packs of batteries and I saved like $10.

There was a camping hammock I really wanted. Was trying to buy it and the site went all you're ripping our face off on me. Was gone pretty quickly. Had it in my cart immediately, said there was like 14:00 to complete transaction, tried to change my shipping location, then it said I didnt have it in my cart.
  • Options
    yeah, i would say Prime day was mostly just a chance for Amazon to unload a lot of overstocked stuff that isn't selling all that well. You can generally get just as good if not better deals on a daily basis on products that you might actually want.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    They should've just sold mystery boxes
  • Options
    branscop said:

They should've just sold mystery boxes

Mystery boxes ... Excellent!

• Options
    Mystery boxes! ....

• Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    edited July 2015
    They did sell mystery bundles....mostly cameras though...no posters/vinyl. So sad.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Jason P said:

Mystery boxes! ....

hahahahahaha

Wow can you imagine the random shit you would get in an Amazon mystery box???

Whoooaaa
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!