Options

Random Show Questions/Comments

13»

Comments

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    edited November 2016

Which version of - I think porch - where Eddie goes off - "on a rope, on a rope, on a rope..." Something like that. Maybe too much Zombie Dust after turkey

Ahh I've definitely heard that version but cannot recall the show!
    Could y'all be thinking of this "Daughter" tag instead?

From the Five Horizons Concert Chronology...

05/30/00 - Wembley Arena: London, England [122m]
    attendance: 12,000
    support act: The Monkeywrench
    set: Last Kiss [Ed solo before Monkeywrench], Sometimes, Grievance, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Dissident, Nothing As it Seems, In Hiding, Even Flow, Thin Air, Habit, Untitled, MFC, Off He Goes, Daughter/(On a Rope), Not For You, State of Love And Trust, Immortality, Rearviewmirror
    enc: Light Years, Do The Evolution, Last Exit, Elderly Woman, Black, Alive
    notes: Ed performs 'Last Kiss' solo, wearing the same striped jacket he wore at the Palladium and La Paloma shows, commenting something to the effect that Keith Moon loaned him the jacket. Jeff comes out wearing a white Dick Tracey hat. After 'NAIS' Ed mentions that they played at Wembley last night but tonight was going to be something completely different. Stone exaggerates the end of 'In Hiding' much to the amusement of Ed. Ed dedicates 'Even Flow' to Tom Price, the guitarist of Monkeywrench. Before 'Thin Air,' Ed states that anyone is lucky to have fallen in love and states that the next song is written by Stone about young love. The band adds a very powerful guitar driven ending to 'Habit' and Matt does a GREAT drum solo. Ed flubs up the first line to 'Untitled' which segues into 'MFC.' Ed almost introduces 'Off He Goes' as being from the same album as 'MFC' and then corrects himself. Mike takes off his shirt before 'Daughter' much to the joy of a few female fans. 'On a Rope' is a Rocket From The Crypt song. Ed and Mike practically knock each other over during 'Not For You.' Matt adds an amazing drum solo at the end of 'Immortality.' 'Rearviewmirror' is an absolutely magnificent finish to the set. Ed comes out during the encore and says he has a scar to remember. "Mike hit me with his guitar, the fuckin' prick." Ed mentions that backstage Mike reminded him of a scar that Ed gave him in San Francisco either years ago. Ed jokes that he's on the offensive. During 'DTE' Ed pretends to attack Mike with the microphone stand. During 'Alive' towards the end, Mike runs all over the stage and Ed swings the microphone around.
    Post edited by Sarah on
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736

Why did Ed change from saying daddy to father in Alive and Jeremy?

I have a vague memory of listening to some shows from as early as 1992 or '93 when he makes that change, but it might not have happened frequently until later.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Seattle 02!

The war tag. Uhh wow. I havent heard Eds voice like that before. Did the entire front row take a step back? :lol:

Rearview was fan-f'ng-tastic!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    TOR 06 - Fuckin Up - Ed "this is George bush's favorite song" :lol::lol:

Yel led - was Dyer in the front row harassing Ed about lyrics :rofl: - I'm glad I listened allllllll the way Dyer I got a little Beast of burden action at the end :rock_on:
  • Options
    I caught third man records version of of the earth and my mind is beyond blown!! Wow. That was some intense improve jammin!!! At one point Mike was playing video games and what the hell did ed do that whole time? Sit down on stage and eat a 12 course meal???? :lol: (I assume he had his guitar)

Wow you lucky fuckers that were there!!! I'M NOT WORTHY!!!! :rock_on:
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited March 2017

Which version of - I think porch - where Eddie goes off - "on a rope, on a rope, on a rope..." Something like that. Maybe too much Zombie Dust after turkey

Ahh I've definitely heard that version but cannot recall the show!
    On a Rope question.
    You got me curious because I have heard that but couldn't for the life of me remember where I had heard that. Than I happened to be listening to the bootleg from Wimberley 2000 & there it was on a Daughter/On a Rope tag.

https://youtu.be/uis5mSrbuJA
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    Mansfield 08. :rock_on: caught some of the show on my ride to work. Amazing. Tuned in at glorified g such an awesome version! Nice! Bee girl!

Mike McCready is the wealthiest of the band because he's paid by note! Hilarious!!!

Will have to listen to the entire show. Very nice! Not rushed and love me some dte!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,842
    One of the 2000 boots when someone called Ben gets onstage. Boise? Have I answered my own question?! :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Caught some Melbourne 95 on my ride this am. I was barely 10 when the show was happening. How dare my parents not fly me out to Australia for such and amazing chaotic show!!!

#parentfail

That version of Alive sparks my dreams that one day Stone might just tear up the beginning with some just rip your face off solo for a bit before the song starts! :bow:

Black was amazing and beautiful as usual.
    And Blood oh man! The drums on that song! The chaos in that song! The beat the rythm! Fav!

When Ed started to talk about his shirt I immediately thought No Way! Lmao. I just kept waiting sitting waiting saying NO WAY! :lol: then I realized he was making a point (facepalm). Which I think I've heard that rant before.

Anyways :rock_on:
  • Options
    95 Chicago 

Every day people - is someone playing the piano at the beginning? 

Love this performance into what was it? Oh let your love open the door :heart:

Would love this at Wrigley!! :rock_on: