Options

Foo Fighters Vs. Pearl Jam. Round 2. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    mcrok said:

I know it isnt completely fair but I have a hard time understanding how folks can be a huge fan of Grohl and also PJ. It just seems contradictory.

I have a hard time understanding why you have a hard time understanding that! Everyone's different. I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. I like Dave Grohl. I like the Foo Fighters. I understand that you and others don't and that's cool. Conversely, you should understand that people like me exist.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mcrok said:

I know it isnt completely fair but I have a hard time understanding how folks can be a huge fan of Grohl and also PJ. It just seems contradictory.

What if I'm a huge fan of Grohl with his TCV and QOTSA drumming? And I think the Foos are just solid but I really like Taylor Hawkins because he is fun to watch live and I saw them last week with my 13 year old because he likes greatest hits shows? Is that all possbile?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    mcrok said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Green Day is awesome. I've seen them do some pretty crazy shit the times I've seen them. At some festival in Foxboro Stadium waaaay back in the day towards the end of the set they all started to take off their instruments and put them in a big pile on the stage, drums included, doused them in lighter fluid, and set the whole fucking thing ablaze. You could feel the heat from 1/2 way back into the GA. Never seen anything like it before or since.

It's also amazing how they pull people out of the crowd to play a song with them. It's great watching Billie Joe 'interview' people and tell them they better not be fucking around when they say they can play whatever. They almost always give the person whatever instrument they played at the end of the song too. Not sure how you can't love that.

I dont know if im there to see green day i could care less about a fan going on stage to play a song. Just saying.
    Shatter you leg and have the crew build you a throne in order to continue your ongoing tour-narcissistic, douchy, blowhard.

Enable a regular Joe out of the crowd to play bass on Longview, granting them one of the single greatest moments of their adult lives-Stupid, hokey, nonsense that I am not there to see.

Got it.

Holy Moly, maybe you should just stop going to shows dude? Seems like outside of PJ there isn't much that does it for ya out there,
    Just bc two bands are being fairly criticized doesnt imply that all bands are gimmicky and unauthentic. Needless to say, a great authentic musical performer is a rarity but such is the case with all professions and acts. The greatness of a band like pj and a true loyal following has more to do with the unquestionable authenticity they perform with, together, as a group. They truly respect the art form. Many may not intuitively sense this or even care. You should expect criticism of this sorts about other acts that use gimmicks etc when your are in the forums of one of the most pure musical groups to ever exist. The bar is high and justifiably so.
    What a blithering load of shit.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    It is just as possible to like both Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters as it is to enjoy Foo Fighters' music but be annoyed by Dave Grohl. Plenty of room on the spectrum for all opinions.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    Suziemay said:

mcrok said:

I have a hard time understanding why you have a hard time understanding that! Everyone's different. I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan. I like Dave Grohl. I like the Foo Fighters. I understand that you and others don't and that's cool. Conversely, you should understand that people like me exist.
    Amen.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Suziemay said:

mcrok said:

But you are not "cool" with me not understanding your like for Grohl and PJ??? Seems odd, no?

Obviously, i understand ur kind exists or i would not have constructed the post. My lack of understanding why is because i have a different opinion as to why i love pj and how FF stands for something completely different to my tastes.

I also acknowledge that reading comprehension and lack of reasoning is quite common amongst the general population. However, it is hard for me to understand what it is like bc, imo, i do not suffer from the same ailments.

96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    mcrok said:

Suziemay said:

mcrok said:

But you are not "cool" with me not understanding your like for Grohl and PJ??? Seems odd, no?

Obviously, i understand ur kind exists or i would not have constructed the post. My lack of understanding why is because i have a different opinion as to why i love pj and how FF stands for something completely different to my tastes.

I also acknowledge that reading comprehension and lack of reasoning is quite common amongst the general population. However, it is hard for me to understand what it is like bc, imo, i do not suffer from the same ailments.

:rofl: OK.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mcrok said:

What if I'm a huge fan of Grohl with his TCV and QOTSA drumming? And I think the Foos are just solid but I really like Taylor Hawkins because he is fun to watch live and I saw them last week with my 13 year old because he likes greatest hits shows? Is that all possbile?
    What if i said, "what is your point?" Am I allowed to say i question your parenting skills? Does it matter that much to you what i "think"?
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    All Dave Grohl fan's should be banished from the ten club...there, i said it...let the crying begin
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    Please read the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
This discussion has been closed.