Options

Foo Fighters Vs. Pearl Jam. Round 2. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Kat, Sea? We may need a "one of the weirdest fucking threads" section - or sticky thread.

Please and thank you :glasses:
  • Options
    Yup that guy knows it. And to think my thread got shut down for speaking my mind about Dave Grohl. Someone told on me like a child.
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Musically the Foos are nowhere near PJ, but I'd say they put on a great show and Dave is funny as hell. I think the throne is helluva way to continue the tour and don't see it as arrogant at all. He's just trying to have fun, really didn't realize he annoys so many people to be honest. Looking forward
    To seeing them in August. Glad I read that article only because I never saw his ice bucket challenge before. Fucking hilarious!
  • Options
    Vote vote vote. 2 hours left and foo fighters are creepin back fast. Get your votes in.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    1 last push to pull this off!! 25 minutes left.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    PJ 51.52%
    Foo 48.48%

8 minutes to go
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Success!!! We Won!!!
    51.53 Pearl Jam
    48.47 Foo Fighters
    Bring it On Green Day
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :triumph:
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Foo Who ?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    I am eager to stop talking about Dave Grohl and start talking about Billie Joe.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    New thread.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    I'm saving my Billie Joe concert experience for the new thread.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 767
    so when do we start round 3?
  • Options
    Gotta wait for all the scores to get put in probably be within the next hour
  • Options
    Ill have the thread right after lol
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    JimmyV said:

I am eager to stop talking about Dave Grohl and start talking about Billie Joe.

Yah I'm a fan of lots of Rock bands so watching people trash one I like only a little less than PJ is tough. I did see Green Day way back in the day (Edgefest '97 in Vancouver?). They we were decent enough, but it's so long ago it's hard to remember (and a non-headlining festival set which is also hard to judge a band on).
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628

If Eddie Vedder did this he'd be hailed around here as a god and caring about fans. Grohl, does it he's a diva.

Vedder cancels half a tour due to back problems, no issue!

http://exclaim.ca/Music/article/eddie_vedder_postpones_us_tour_after_suffering_back_injury_nerve_damage

Not a very good analogy. Back and nerve damage that inhibits the ability to play guitar during a solo tour is not a valid comparison. The tour was rescheduled btw.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited July 2015
    Green Day is awesome. I've seen them do some pretty crazy shit the times I've seen them. At some festival in Foxboro Stadium waaaay back in the day towards the end of the set they all started to take off their instruments and put them in a big pile on the stage, drums included, doused them in lighter fluid, and set the whole fucking thing ablaze. You could feel the heat from 1/2 way back into the GA. Never seen anything like it before or since.

It's also amazing how they pull people out of the crowd to play a song with them. It's great watching Billie Joe 'interview' people and tell them they better not be fucking around when they say they can play whatever. They almost always give the person whatever instrument they played at the end of the song too. Not sure how you can't love that.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    There taking forever getting Round 3 started. Longer then last week.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Green Day is awesome. I've seen them do some pretty crazy shit the times I've seen them. At some festival in Foxboro Stadium waaaay back in the day towards the end of the set they all started to take off their instruments and put them in a big pile on the stage, drums included, doused them in lighter fluid, and set the whole fucking thing ablaze. You could feel the heat from 1/2 way back into the GA. Never seen anything like it before or since.

It's also amazing how they pull people out of the crowd to play a song with them. It's great watching Billie Joe 'interview' people and tell them they better not be fucking around when they say they can play whatever. They almost always give the person whatever instrument they played at the end of the song too. Not sure how you can't love that.

I dont know if im there to see green day i could care less about a fan going on stage to play a song. Just saying.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Saltzy23 said:

I dont know if im there to see green day i could care less about a fan going on stage to play a song. Just saying.
    Shatter you leg and have the crew build you a throne in order to continue your ongoing tour-narcissistic, douchy, blowhard.

Enable a regular Joe out of the crowd to play bass on Longview, granting them one of the single greatest moments of their adult lives-Stupid, hokey, nonsense that I am not there to see.

Got it.

Holy Moly, maybe you should just stop going to shows dude? Seems like outside of PJ there isn't much that does it for ya out there,
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    Green Day did the lighter fluid thing when I saw them too ('97). I wonder how many instruments they torched that year.
  • Options
    Lol ok so because i dont like green day or the foo fighters along with a shit load of other people who don't like them. I should stop going to see good bands then?
  • Options
    Should i make a list of bands i do enjoy? Would that make you happy?
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    edited July 2015

Lol ok so because i dont like green day or the foo fighters along with a shit load of other people who don't like them. I should stop going to see good bands then?

Shitload = 2% margin ?

My mistake... 3%.
  • Options
    I know plenty of people outside of the tenclub who say they suck. Im not the only one
  • Options
    Lol im not getting into another one of these ridiculous arguments. Thats my opinion and thats it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    I think Saltzy needs to relax a bit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Shatter you leg and have the crew build you a throne in order to continue your ongoing tour-narcissistic, douchy, blowhard.

Enable a regular Joe out of the crowd to play bass on Longview, granting them one of the single greatest moments of their adult lives-Stupid, hokey, nonsense that I am not there to see.

Got it.

Holy Moly, maybe you should just stop going to shows dude? Seems like outside of PJ there isn't much that does it for ya out there,
    Just bc two bands are being fairly criticized doesnt imply that all bands are gimmicky and unauthentic. Needless to say, a great authentic musical performer is a rarity but such is the case with all professions and acts. The greatness of a band like pj and a true loyal following has more to do with the unquestionable authenticity they perform with, together, as a group. They truly respect the art form. Many may not intuitively sense this or even care. You should expect criticism of this sorts about other acts that use gimmicks etc when your are in the forums of one of the most pure musical groups to ever exist. The bar is high and justifiably so.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    I know it isnt completely fair but I have a hard time understanding how folks can be a huge fan of Grohl and also PJ. It just seems contradictory.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis