Options

edit #2 $7500 for VIP 1 haaaaaaaaaaaaa

2»

Comments

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

nycrats said:

Why do you care what the cost is?

what do you care that i care what the cost is?
    Seems sort of like you are poking fun at money that is going to charity.
    is it?

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

It's so the rich celebrities don't have to be around us peons

:lol:

fugawzi said:

Does anyone think the inflated VIP prices are somehow related to the fact that PJ is playing this year? Not that the band or 10C would have any control over that, but because it's PJ who still has a pretty loyal following, the organizers know some of us will shell that out...? Just seems really high compared to years past...

I think the prices would have been jacked up whoever was headlining. Their management wants to get paid more...
    This reminds me of something about "suit coats and money to be made" but at a charity event?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,797
    FoxyRedLa said:

fugawzi said:

Does anyone think the inflated VIP prices are somehow related to the fact that PJ is playing this year? Not that the band or 10C would have any control over that, but because it's PJ who still has a pretty loyal following, the organizers know some of us will shell that out...? Just seems really high compared to years past...

I think the prices would have been jacked up whoever was headlining. Their management wants to get paid more...
    This reminds me of something about "suit coats and money to be made" but at a charity event?
    I'm not bashing this organization specifically, but most of these big charities have a low percentage of the money actually go to charity.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

FoxyRedLa said:

fugawzi said:

I'm not bashing this organization specifically, but most of these big charities have a low percentage of the money actually go to charity.
    also theres LOTS of loose tax writeoffs for all these corporations and sponsors and promoters. If anyone should get a writeoff it is the person spending 15k for a pair of concert tix. but they are not.

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 345
    Up to 10K now for VIP1. The 3500 looks like a steal in hindsight. (I kid, I kid.)
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    nycrats said:

FoxyRedLa said:

fugawzi said:

also theres LOTS of loose tax writeoffs for all these corporations and sponsors and promoters. If anyone should get a writeoff it is the person spending 15k for a pair of concert tix. but they are not.

If the proceeds go to charity the ticket buyers should be able to write it off.
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Okay, I'm confused. They are now showing 8 levels of Platinum tickets with some only $1,500. They also show row and seat numbers. What is this?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Balls
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 345
    SteffyLou said:

Okay, I'm confused. They are now showing 8 levels of Platinum tickets with some only $1,500. They also show row and seat numbers. What is this?

This is TM figuring out they left a lot of money on the table by selling VIP tickets at $150-$250. These platinum are those exact same tickets (that are now sold out at $150-$250) being marked at 10 times original price. Ticketmaster is against scalping except when they do it.
This discussion has been closed.