Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

This happens time and again downtown: On Main St., all parking is parallel. I do the standard turn on the signal before the open space, pull just past the space, put it in reverse to back in and properly parallel park and some dingbat jams right up on my rear bumper so I can't back up and then lays on their horn like I'm the fuck up. I usually just calmly put the car in park, walk up to their driver's side window, give the driver a crazy maniacal smile, move to the front of their car and smash their headlights in with a tire iron, wave goodbye, get back in my car and go look for another parking space. Very effective.

Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be.... :smiley:
    I blush!! That's the first time anyone ever called me a hero for being a raving maniac! :lol:

It's the tire iron move that clinched it for me. I usually just flip someone off, but your move puts it over the top.
    Haha!

But now I must burst your bubble-- it was only a movie in my mind. Whatcha think? Should I go for it next time? :sunglasses:

Why not? There's still some leftover money in the degenerate bail fund. :wink:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

This happens time and again downtown: On Main St., all parking is parallel. I do the standard turn on the signal before the open space, pull just past the space, put it in reverse to back in and properly parallel park and some dingbat jams right up on my rear bumper so I can't back up and then lays on their horn like I'm the fuck up. I usually just calmly put the car in park, walk up to their driver's side window, give the driver a crazy maniacal smile, move to the front of their car and smash their headlights in with a tire iron, wave goodbye, get back in my car and go look for another parking space. Very effective.

Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be.... :smiley:
    I blush!! That's the first time anyone ever called me a hero for being a raving maniac! :lol:

It's the tire iron move that clinched it for me. I usually just flip someone off, but your move puts it over the top.
    Haha!

But now I must burst your bubble-- it was only a movie in my mind. Whatcha think? Should I go for it next time? :sunglasses:

Why not? There's still some leftover money in the degenerate bail fund. :wink:
    ALRIGHT! FUCK YEAH! :smiley:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Any Alberta driver on a BC road! They are called corners and hills learn how to drive on them and no you may not move into my lane while I am directly beside you.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    deadendp said:

Make-up? That's what the mirror at home is for.

that bowl of cereal you are eating. on the freeway? leave it home sister.
    dude, if you wanna read a nice relaxing book, do it on your sofa or in bed at home. not on the freeway doing 65mph.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    What really pisses me off on the way to and from work is getting stuck behind a driver who can't a) go the speed limit and/or b) go a consistant speed(ie: the speed up slow down drivers)... and one of these scenarios happens almost daily....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    These last several posts are golden! So f'in true! :rofl: bowl of cereal :rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

Watch out for SD. She's a spitter and always encourages the creation of a shiv at every possible moment.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

Watch out for SD. She's a spitter and always encourages the creation of a shiv at every possible moment.
    I'd Bette on that :whistle:

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    hedonist said:

deadendp said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

I'll give it to ya :lol:

It's Macaroni Midler......
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    No Fusilli Jerry? (I know, I know. It's just fun to say.)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Brian's parallel parking story took me to a Seinfeldian place. You know the one. :wink:
  • Options
    Ha! You two rock.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I HATE when other cars come too close to my car. Especially on a fast road. Will 2 minutes of earlier arrival make your day that much better? I love driving a car, I hate the other drivers on the road. Don't fucking rush, don't push me. I will only feel pressed and then make bad decisions. Be gentle, not everyone has as much driving experience as you have.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Situation:

I'm first in line. Red light. 2 lanes. I'm in the drive straight lane. Stupid douche teenager next to me in a full clown car - she is in the lane to turn right only. Light turns green. I take off. Stupid douche teenager races me - runs out of space cuz DUH she's not in a lane! Cuts me off. Flips me the bird through the tiny little crack she had open in her window from smoking something. Then slams on her brakes to teach me a lesson. F*CK you. Sure would have been nice had a cop seen that.

Foxy,next time that happens calmly follow the young beatch to her destination and as she exits her car calmly say when she sees you"sleep tight tonight" And act like your talking to an imaginary friend.She will Think twice about her actions and you will be in her head.Win win
    Or get her shot. Learn to think.

• Options
    hedonist said:

deadendp said:

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

brianlux said:

I was hoping someone would pick up on that. Hedonist, you made my day. :smiley:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Learn how to use a roundabout people...simple, stay to the right, drive around...it's much safer than an unmarked intersection.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    It seems as though too many people are driving vehicles that are too much for them. If it takes more than 3 attempts to pull into a parking space--not back in, not parallel park, just straight drive into a parking space--perhaps you should think about getting a smaller car.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    SD48277 said:

It seems as though too many people are driving vehicles that are too much for them. If it takes more than 3 attempts to pull into a parking space--not back in, not parallel park, just straight drive into a parking space--perhaps you should think about getting a smaller car.

Soooo true!!
  • Options
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i feel you..
    hahahaha
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

I need a case of these turtles. People CAN'T PARK! I thank you for the laugh!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Not that I had to deal with the guy, but I watched him from the sky bridge...driver realizes he went up the wrong street (a one way street) then decides to drive in reverse for a block, then do a 3-point turn (flip a bitch) as another driver is making a right turn onto the same street. So the idiot almost reverses into the other guy, finishes his flip and procedes make a turn onto the street.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Anybody over 35 has no fucking business looking at their phone while driving.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Anybody over 35 has no fucking business looking at their phone while driving.

Anybody any age.

I swear* this idiocy has contributed to slower traffic and more gas consumed.

Never used to honk my horn (yes, I just laughed at that) but in the last year have noticed the dipshit in front of me is unaware they're at the helm of something that could KILL PEOPLE.

Pay attention, fuckers.

*hush it, Juggler
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Ah! Let along driving while looking at their cell phone! Just once I want to see some idiot driving while texting or blabbing on the cell phone get pulled over and have the officer stomp his or her boot heel into the damn thing.... and then write out the ticket.

On the brighter side, I always give people thumbs up when I see they have pulled over to the curb to answer a call. :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    My friend's little 4 door Mazda got sideswiped by a truck the other day, three blocks from my house. Poor thing was shaking like a leaf when I got there. The truck driver decided to make a left turn from the right lane despite the fact that her car was in the left lane. Then the asshole moves his truck before the cops get there so they don't see the angle. Spent the whole time standing 10 feet away grilling her. Told the cops he was going straight and she crashed into him. Luckily, the cops weren't that dumb, and I stood in front of her so she couldn't see him trying to intimidate her.

Thankfully she was not hurt. The passenger side door no longer opens and the mirror is hanging off the car but insurance should fix it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited November 2015
    Tailgaters! Hey asshole, can't you see there are cars in front of me an I have no where to go. Get off my ass! I like really slow down when someone is tailgating me. Hey lady, sorry you are late, get off my ass!

Why is it that in medium traffic where everyone is cruising along at a comfortable speed, there is always some asshole that feels the need to weave in and out of the lanes at a high speed? They are usually driving a BMW, Mercedes, low rider Honda Civic hatchback or Subaru XRT.

Aggressive drivers in large pick up trucks. There are more and more of them on the road lately.
    Driving a big rig and acting like a dick will not make up for the fact that you were born with a small dick.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    Get_Right said:

Tailgaters! Hey asshole, can't you see there are cars in front of me an I have no where to go. Get off my ass! I like really slow down when someone is tailgating me. Hey lady, sorry you are late, get off my ass!

Why is it that in medium traffic where everyone is cruising along at a comfortable speed, there is always some asshole that feels the need to weave in and out of the lanes at a high speed? They are usually driving a BMW, Mercedes, low rider Honda Civic hatchback or Subaru XRT.

Aggressive drivers in large pick up trucks. There are more and more of them on the road lately.
    Driving a big rig and acting like a dick will not make up for the fact that you were born with a small dick.

excuse me , a large pick up truck is NOT a Big Rig.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    mickeyrat said:

Get_Right said:

excuse me , a large pick up truck is NOT a Big Rig.
    It is all relative. Some of those heavy duty picks are big trucks. That is all I meant.

• Options
    Ok. For the last couple of weeks people are definitely veering into my lane. I don't know if these people are getting up too early or what the deal is.

What would you do if someone was coming at you straight on in your lane? Would you try to swerve (mind you country roads with big wide deep ditches)? Or slow down and just take the blow head on? Pull over and pray they just side swipe?

I feel like I need to prepare I just know I'm going to have to make s split decision. It's going to happen - but I certainly hope not!