Options

Stupid F*CKING drivers

Comments

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

My biggest pet peeve in the store is those that leave their carts in the middle of the aisle and then walk to the other end. The way to get them back is to throw miscellaneous items into their carts. The hope is they don't notice until they get home and unpack and wonder why they have these random things they purchased. My wife now laughs when I do it. She used to get pissed at me but eventually was turned to the dark side.

Oh man...how has this not occurred to me?

Brilliance!

I'm SO gonna do this next time.

(hopefully I'll be in the coffee, OTC meds or razors aisle)

I can see Ani. " prep h, lube, condoms, mints, pregnancy test..."
    Just being kind and setting them up for a fun weekend if you throw those items in.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    or when your cruising down the road as passenger in a car listening to good music in good mood and the car in front of you slams the breaks last minute on you to turn off and your driver in panic stops and doesnt even do anything but laugh (no finger up, no shouting good one idiot)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    FoxyRedLa said:

JK_Livin said:

These are the same people that back into parking spots and also pull through parking spots.

My dad is one of those back-into-parking-spot people. Irritates the piss out of me!
    This confuses me lol. Is it cuz it takes too long to park? Parks to close to one side?
    Takes too long to park is part of it. By the time you're done, you could've just pulled into the spot and walked halfway across the lot to the store. It also takes up the whole aisle in the parking lot while maneuvering, so other vehicles wanting to go up/down the aisle have to wait. And I've been one of those vehicles sitting there waiting for a jackass to back into a spot. It's one thing if you can actually pull it off, but when you sit there and have to pull in and out 7-8 times to straighten your vehicle (usually a big ass SUV)... just save us all the fuckin headache and pull forward into the spot.

People do this because they think it saves time when leaving bc you can just pull right out. It doesn't really take any longer to back out as it does to pull forward. However, it wastes way more time when you first get there trying to back in.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

I think Foxy is referring to single lane in each direction roads.
    I'm with you Foxy! Nothing pisses me off quite so much when I am driving as some douchenozzle pulling out in front of me cutting me off to drive 10Km below the speed limit. If I had to break so you could pull out you didn't have enough room to do so. My ultimate fav move after they do this when they start driving a bit over to the shoulder as if to say but you can pass me. Not with oncoming traffic, or on a corner, or on double yellow you motherf****r, I actually know how to drive.

Yeah I realized that AFTER I posted. So I apologize Foxy.. I was not awake all the way when I posted that. I stand corrected.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

FoxyRedLa said:

JK_Livin said:

These are the same people that back into parking spots and also pull through parking spots.

My dad is one of those back-into-parking-spot people. Irritates the piss out of me!
    This confuses me lol. Is it cuz it takes too long to park? Parks to close to one side?
    Takes too long to park is part of it. By the time you're done, you could've just pulled into the spot and walked halfway across the lot to the store. It also takes up the whole aisle in the parking lot while maneuvering, so other vehicles wanting to go up/down the aisle have to wait. And I've been one of those vehicles sitting there waiting for a jackass to back into a spot. It's one thing if you can actually pull it off, but when you sit there and have to pull in and out 7-8 times to straighten your vehicle (usually a big ass SUV)... just save us all the fuckin headache and pull forward into the spot.

People do this because they think it saves time when leaving bc you can just pull right out. It doesn't really take any longer to back out as it does to pull forward. However, it wastes way more time when you first get there trying to back in.
    It's not just that it saves time when leaving, it's a lot safer; provided, of course, you can actually do it correctly. It markedly cuts down on parking lot collisions caused by poor visibility when backing out of spaces. If you can do it right, it takes hardly any time at all, but I agree people have little patience. I always either go for a drive through spot or back in, unless the lot is so congested that people don't even give you space to stop and maneuver in. Professional drivers and driving instructors would generally recommend backing in.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

FoxyRedLa said:

JK_Livin said:

It's not just that it saves time when leaving, it's a lot safer; provided, of course, you can actually do it correctly. It markedly cuts down on parking lot collisions caused by poor visibility when backing out of spaces. If you can do it right, it takes hardly any time at all, but I agree people have little patience. I always either go for a drive through spot or back in, unless the lot is so congested that people don't even give you space to stop and maneuver in. Professional drivers and driving instructors would generally recommend backing in.
    I agree! Waaaay safer!
  • Options
    I will pull through a spot to get forward-facing, but I won't waste my time backing into one. I can see the safety issue, but really don't think you gain that much more visibility by pulling straight out vs backing out. You're only as strong as the weakest link, thus you're only as safe as the least cautious person in the lot.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    If you have a larger vehicle (i used to drive a 3/4 ton pick-up) yes, it's safer to back in so you can just pull forward to leave. I had the backing in down pat, even got lots of comments that I did it so fast. Anywho, I did respect others and wouldn't hold up traffic while trying to find parking 'up front', I parked way out in the parking lot. If there were no other cars behind me, I would back in to a spot closer to where ever I was at.

If you don't know how to park a larger vehicle, then don't drive one! stupid double parkers...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    You do raise a good point, RK, and I guess I am thinking mainly of the 'up front' people.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Who knew it was such a big deal how you park in a parking lot. If it makes you feel better I've never seen anyone have a problem with backing in to a spot where it takes more than one maneuver. I guess that's a "big car" issue.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    A couple road observations I'd like to add.
    1. Why does every vette driver have a Tom Selleck type Moustache? Look for it you will see.

2. Never and I mean never get behind a taupe,Bronze,Beige, car of any make.I think car makers put their tiny engines in those colors and only sell them to seniors,High School Girls and Middle age Asian and African American women.And for Peter sake someone please tint the windows on those cars.Bronze cars NEVER tint.

I was on I-95 last week cruisin around 80ish in the Middle lane when the trifecta of slowness(Beige student driver car with young girl driving and a young girl instructor pulls from the slow lane right in front of me doing about 35.ehhhhh.Now I didn't get mad it was a kid for gosh sakes but we got a good laugh at the color and demographics of the situation.

3. Watch out for the Jesus fish/Jesus co pilot emblem or sticker.That car..... Well nevermind

4. And please If I so courteously stop and let you merge,cut or pass how about a little common courtesy and put down your phone and wave a acknowledged thank you or a fuck you for that matter.I hate rude fuckers.
    5. Fast lane is there for a reason,If driving fast or like a NASCAR driver freaks you out please get the fuck into one of the other lanes.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I would like to add people who drive those god damm smart cars. They will squeeze in between you and another car in traffic because they are so small and then go slower than the lane was going slowing you down. I would be scared out of my life driving it as you only have a foot or two gap between you and the bumpers. I would think they would be more cautious. One of these days I am going to play bumper cars with one. You want to drive a bumper car on the highway, don't get mad when I treat you like one.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rr, I hate rude fuckers too! Especially on the road. Especially when they cut you off, piss you off, then flip you off.

Really?

And Ani, those smart car drivers make me :anguished: They're actually a safety hazard to the rest of us.
  • Options
    I'm afraid to get into a fender bender with those little smart cars.They do not look safe.If a 10 mph wind can tip ya,maybe you got the wrong ride.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

I will pull through a spot to get forward-facing, but I won't waste my time backing into one. I can see the safety issue, but really don't think you gain that much more visibility by pulling straight out vs backing out. You're only as strong as the weakest link, thus you're only as safe as the least cautious person in the lot.

If you can see as you pull out, you can avoid that weakest link (presuming it isn't you, of course).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    rr165892 said:

A couple road observations I'd like to add.
    1. Why does every vette driver have a Tom Selleck type Moustache? Look for it you will see.

2. Never and I mean never get behind a taupe,Bronze,Beige, car of any make.I think car makers put their tiny engines in those colors and only sell them to seniors,High School Girls and Middle age Asian and African American women.And for Peter sake someone please tint the windows on those cars.Bronze cars NEVER tint.

I was on I-95 last week cruisin around 80ish in the Middle lane when the trifecta of slowness(Beige student driver car with young girl driving and a young girl instructor pulls from the slow lane right in front of me doing about 35.ehhhhh.Now I didn't get mad it was a kid for gosh sakes but we got a good laugh at the color and demographics of the situation.

3. Watch out for the Jesus fish/Jesus co pilot emblem or sticker.That car..... Well nevermind

4. And please If I so courteously stop and let you merge,cut or pass how about a little common courtesy and put down your phone and wave a acknowledged thank you or a fuck you for that matter.I hate rude fuckers.
    5. Fast lane is there for a reason,If driving fast or like a NASCAR driver freaks you out please get the fuck into one of the other lanes.

:rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options

I would like to add people who drive those god damm smart cars. They will squeeze in between you and another car in traffic because they are so small and then go slower than the lane was going slowing you down. I would be scared out of my life driving it as you only have a foot or two gap between you and the bumpers. I would think they would be more cautious. One of these days I am going to play bumper cars with one. You want to drive a bumper car on the highway, don't get mad when I treat you like one.

I don't see to many of these. I'll remember this tho.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I'm afraid to get into a fender bender with those little smart cars.They do not look safe.If a 10 mph wind can tip ya,maybe you got the wrong ride.

I think I did hear about one blew off the Mackinac bridge :open_mouth:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688
    Hi, person on entrance ramp to freeway. Umm in case you were never taught, its your responsibility to get up to speed as you merge anf yield if necessary. It helps if you are judging speed as you enter the top of the ramp. Also, please note that it is really unsafe to wait til the end of the ramp before you turn your fucking head to see if you a. Have space and b. If its safe to do so.

Trucks dont stop on a dime and take a bit to gain back the speed/momemtum you selfishly broke.

Finally , is it really necessary to speed up and pass me at the minute if you are going to have slow down anyway to exit? Consider it safer to slow down and get behind me. Fuck. That 1/1000th of a sec that important? You'll blow it anyway at a stoplight fucking around on your god damned phone.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    I don't understand why constructors are putting so much technologies in the car when it seems so damn complicated to use correctly the blinker! :anguished:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That technology is (I believe) part of the problem.

I don't have to actually LOOK to see I might be backing up into a person or car...let the camera alert me!

I don't need to worry about drifting into another lane...the sensor will keep me from doing it!

(I feel like Grimey going nuts in that Simpsons episode)

It's almost as if these devices validate people not having to pay full attention and be responsible with and for a machine that CAN KILL (even smart cars!).

Oh, and providing the ability to use social media while driving? Brilliant.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2015
    FoxyRedLa said:

rr165892 said:

I think I did hear about one blew off the Mackinac bridge :open_mouth:
    And that is one long bridge. Drove back and forth across it a few times. Stunning creation.

It was a Yugo in 1989.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-10-03/news/8901190020_1_suspension-bridge-accident-car

Probably the same size as a smart car.

Here's more from Wikipedia:
    Two vehicles have fallen off the bridge.

On September 22, 1989, Leslie Ann Pluhar died when her 1987 Yugo plunged over the 36-inch-high (91 cm) railing. A combination of high winds and excessive speed was initially blamed.[25] Later investigation showed the driver had stopped her car over the open steel grating on the bridge's span and that a gust of wind through the grating blew her vehicle off the bridge,[26] although this is not supported by recorded wind speed measurements taken on and around the bridge at the time of the accident.[27][28]
    On March 2, 1997, a 1996 Ford Bronco went over the edge. It was later determined to be a suicide by driver Richard Alan Daraban.[29]
    On September 10, 1978, a small private plane carrying United States Marine Corps Reserve officers Maj. Virgil Osborne, Capt. James Robbins, and Capt. Wayne W. Wisbrock smashed into one of the bridge's suspension cables while flying in a heavy fog. The impact tore the wings off the plane, which then plunged into the Straits of Mackinac. All three men were killed.[30]

Suicides by people jumping from the bridge have been rare, with the most recent confirmed case taking place on December 31, 2012.[31] Roughly a dozen suicides have occurred from the bridge.[32]
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    A yugo that's right. Gosh I don't remember it being decades ago. I have lived in MI almost 31 years and I still will not go across that damn bridge. Scary! If I ever do I may pay for the service to drive me. Ahh freaks me out just thinking about it. Some day I'd like to go to Escanaba where my Canadian family immigrated to.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Once you turn 68, you should lose your license. Period
  • Options

I've always said once you turn 65, you should have to retake the driving test annually.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

I've always said once you turn 65, you should have to retake the driving test annually.
    I'm ok with taking the drivers test annually at 65. Just as long as they lose it by 68!
  • Options

I'm ok with taking the drivers test annually at 65. Just as long as they lose it by 68!
    Until your that age then the age increases right?
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I'm not a politician. If I suggest a law, it applies to me too.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,680

Four more years... that's it?

Damn you Last 12!! :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.