Options

Stupid F*CKING drivers

FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
edited August 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Cruising along not bothering anyone and then BAM! Some skippy mcgee slowly pulls out in front of me - makes me slow down - then when I'm ready to passsssss ughh they decide they're turning! Really? NOT A SOUL BEHIND ME DAMN YOU! Ruin my mood ruin my morning. Rates right up there with the (profanity of choice) that have to make a complete stop before they can turn!

This is how frustrated and pissed off I get at rude (profanity of choice) drivers!

imagephoto 1332266173_garbage_man_rage_zpse6osiebd.gif" />

I would not survive in a metro area. Ok rant over. I might feel better now.
Oh please let it rain today.
Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
Post edited by FoxyRedLa on

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Don't kill me Foxy.. But honestly, re-read the driver's handbook. Because in two lane traffic, on left hand turns, you ARE supposed to stop first, UNLESS the thoroughfare is visibly clear. ( no oncoming traffic for 250 yards.) Annnnd passing via the slow lane is illegal. Relax, dear. There's no reason to get that upset over driving. As for the pulling in front of you and THEN slowing down.. That's just rude and irritating. Going by speed limit or just under?? Use the right lane! Left lane is for passing, and left turn usage ONLY! Everyone seems to forget that it is not a travel lane.. But no one really upholds that.. So oh well..

None the less hope your day gets better. Throw on some PJ and have a great day! :smile:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    I think Foxy is referring to single lane in each direction roads.
    I'm with you Foxy! Nothing pisses me off quite so much when I am driving as some douchenozzle pulling out in front of me cutting me off to drive 10Km below the speed limit. If I had to break so you could pull out you didn't have enough room to do so. My ultimate fav move after they do this when they start driving a bit over to the shoulder as if to say but you can pass me. Not with oncoming traffic, or on a corner, or on double yellow you motherf****r, I actually know how to drive.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Skippy McGee =)

I feel you! That type of shit is a daily occurrence here.

Just yesterday I was turning on the green left-arrow light and some asshole coming from the opposite direction just plowed on through the intersection even though it was red on his side.

Had I been going any faster, there would've been some awful bodily injuries.

Courtesy, attention and common sense - wish people would use those more when driving (not to mention use in life, in general).
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    No one has common sense anymore. I hate just about every other driver when I am on the road.

One thing I do not get, if there are 2 right hand turn lanes coming off the highway and you need to make an immediate left after the right, why would you get in the turn lane all the way to the right. Just so as soon as you turn right you can try and cut me off when you have to make a left 100 feet later. Idiots. Thinking is an art being lost on the planet.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    my favorite thing that happened to me recently was i was driving in the left lane, blinker on, stopped to make a left with oncoming traffic, and this asshole in a bmw comes up behind me, GOES INTO THE OPPOSITE LANE AND CUTS ME OFF AND MAKES THE LEFT. what the actual fuck! i hate new jersey. time to move to the middle of nowhere.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options

Don't kill me Foxy.. But honestly, re-read the driver's handbook. Because in two lane traffic, on left hand turns, you ARE supposed to stop first, UNLESS the thoroughfare is visibly clear. ( no oncoming traffic for 250 yards.) Annnnd passing via the slow lane is illegal. Relax, dear. There's no reason to get that upset over driving. As for the pulling in front of you and THEN slowing down.. That's just rude and irritating. Going by speed limit or just under?? Use the right lane! Left lane is for passing, and left turn usage ONLY! Everyone seems to forget that it is not a travel lane.. But no one really upholds that.. So oh well..

None the less hope your day gets better. Throw on some PJ and have a great day! :smile:

I do follow the rules when need be lol. I wouldn't want to cause an accident.
  • Options

No one has common sense anymore. I hate just about every other driver when I am on the road.

One thing I do not get, if there are 2 right hand turn lanes coming off the highway and you need to make an immediate left after the right, why would you get in the turn lane all the way to the right. Just so as soon as you turn right you can try and cut me off when you have to make a left 100 feet later. Idiots. Thinking is an art being lost on the planet.

THIS! 100000000%
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    These are the same people that back into parking spots and also pull through parking spots.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    I live in a rural, agriculture area and not only do I have to watch out for douche moves by people in cars, I also have to contend with farm equipment (tractors, sprayers) and semi trucks doing the same crap!!!
    hedonist said:

Just yesterday I was turning on the green left-arrow light and some asshole coming from the opposite direction just plowed on through the intersection even though it was red on his side.

It is rare anymore when I'm stopped at a red that some a**hole isn't running a light. In fact I'm surprised when it doesn't happen!!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JK_Livin said:

These are the same people that back into parking spots and also pull through parking spots.

My dad is one of those back-into-parking-spot people. Irritates the piss out of me!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Come to LA. Where stop signs seem to be optional. (Don't get me started...)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    and people wonder why I dont drive.

I dont understand the thread title. This only happens on Sundays?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    drivers every day of the week* :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

My dad is one of those back-into-parking-spot people. Irritates the piss out of me!
    This confuses me lol. Is it cuz it takes too long to park? Parks to close to one side?
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

and people wonder why I dont drive.

I dont understand the thread title. This only happens on Sundays?

:lol: I refer to any slow driver as a Sunday driver - which refers to all the old, disabled, handicapped retirees out there - no offense I have grand parents too I'm just saying. It's like the slow Sunday drivers who have no where to be anytime soon just slowly driving to church or slowly just driving because they are out for a cruise. Sunday driver just means a slow driver lol lol lol lol - and again no offense. MI drivers are often referred to as drivers that are in a hurry to get no where.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    "left lane camper"...cars that get on the freeway, go over to the far left lane, and set the cruise control to 50...the speed limit is 60! I can't pass the other slow pokes in the center or right lane because YOU ARE IN THE WAY!

the cops are "supposed" to ticket people hindering the flow of traffic, but nooo-o-oooo-o, they are too busy shooting and killing innocent citizens.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    HAHAHAHA. Welcome to my world.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

"left lane camper"...cars that get on the freeway, go over to the far left lane, and set the cruise control to 50...the speed limit is 60! I can't pass the other slow pokes in the center or right lane because YOU ARE IN THE WAY!

the cops are "supposed" to ticket people hindering the flow of traffic, but nooo-o-oooo-o, they are too busy shooting and killing innocent citizens.

:rofl: left lane camper :lol good one. When traveling out of state I forget other states AREN'T 70 mph :anguished:
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

JK_Livin said:

I admit that I back in if at a concert. (I forgot to at PJ in Cincy and no one wanted to let me out of the freakin' parking deck.)

You live in the land of what we call the Maryland Swing. Why is it that people in Maryland feel the need to swing into the opposite lane of traffic to make a right hand turn?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    hedonist said:

Skippy McGee =)

and the Douchenozzles.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

hedonist said:

Skippy McGee =)

and the Douchenozzles.

Same diff!

deadend, my guy insists upon the back-in at concerts. Really helps.

What about Sunday walkers/shoppers? Like the folks who just stroll about the aisle (particularly precious when they're pre-occupied with their phone) - "I'll just stop right here with my cart and block your path. It's all about me."

• Options
    edited July 2015
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Skippy McGee =)

and the Douchenozzles.

Same diff!

What about Sunday walkers/shoppers? Like the folks who just stroll about the aisle (particularly precious when they're pre-occupied with their phone) - "I'll just stop right here with my cart and block your path. It's all about me."

dont. get. me. started.
    Author's Note: I just got home from the supermarket - it was fine when I left but a block away it started pooooooooooouring rain and didn't stop even now. So I'm extra cranky.

What's wrong with backing in to a parking spot? My friends do that all the time. Also driving through the empty sections of the lot. Why is that bad?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Skippy McGee =)

and the Douchenozzles.

Same diff!

My biggest pet peeve in the store is those that leave their carts in the middle of the aisle and then walk to the other end. The way to get them back is to throw miscellaneous items into their carts. The hope is they don't notice until they get home and unpack and wonder why they have these random things they purchased. My wife now laughs when I do it. She used to get pissed at me but eventually was turned to the dark side.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Skippy McGee =)

and the Douchenozzles.

Same diff!

dont. get. me. started.
    Author's Note: I just got home from the supermarket - it was fine when I left but a block away it started pooooooooooouring rain and didn't stop even now. So I'm extra cranky.

What's wrong with backing in to a parking spot? My friends do that all the time. Also driving through the empty sections of the lot. Why is that bad?
    I'm glad mca isn't here...backing in drives him bonkers! I knew a UPS driver, he said backing into a parking spot or driveway makes it much easier to drive out of when you leave, less blind spots. I always backed in to parking spots when we had the truck.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

My biggest pet peeve in the store is those that leave their carts in the middle of the aisle and then walk to the other end. The way to get them back is to throw miscellaneous items into their carts. The hope is they don't notice until they get home and unpack and wonder why they have these random things they purchased. My wife now laughs when I do it. She used to get pissed at me but eventually was turned to the dark side.

Oh man...how has this not occurred to me?

Brilliance!

I'm SO gonna do this next time.

(hopefully I'll be in the coffee, OTC meds or razors aisle)

• Options
    but why is backing in something that annoys other drivers? I dont get it.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ldent42 said:

but why is backing in something that annoys other drivers? I dont get it.

Because they hold up an entire lane of traffic as they get their car lined up JUST SO with the parking lot lines. People can pull in much faster than backing in.

I love the stray carts in the lot. My favorite!

Ani, I'll have to do that next time in the store. I kept running into that in the two stores I had to go to today. And Hedo (Jedi), I agree. Hopefully they are in an expensive aisle!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Oh man...how has this not occurred to me?

Brilliance!

I'm SO gonna do this next time.

(hopefully I'll be in the coffee, OTC meds or razors aisle)

I can see Ani. " prep h, lube, condoms, mints, pregnancy test..."

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Love that!

(and deadend, :bee: )
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Cruisin down the highway on my way home from work, dude in a cube truck spins out to pull out in front of me and I shit you not about 50 yards down the road stops so he can turn left! There was oncoming traffic so a complete stop was necessary. :anguished::angry:
    There was no one behind me and you could see that as I was on a long straight stretch. My only question is what the actual fuck, I mean were they just born that stupid or do they really work at it.
    Worst part is that it had been a beautiful day on the road for work, no idiots, barely any traffic, sun shining, music cranked and then douchenozzle! :confounded:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.