25 Years of Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has been funded! :) Lots of signed Ed & Pearl Jam goodies!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    pdalowsky said:

the guitar is safely at destination and looks absolutely incredible.

Not with me BTW

In time, it probably will. image
    edited November 2015
    My signed Ed tambourine just arrived! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8
    Post edited by demetrios on
    http://thismodernworld.com/archives/8867

November 8th, 2015
    Tom Tomorrow:
    Book update

I’ve been deep in book production since the end of the Kickstarter, and clearly haven’t been updating the blog. Just wanted to post a quick reminder that even if you missed the KS, you can still pre-order a copy of the book here. (Backers will have a chance to order extra copies when we send out the checkout note, which will happen closer to the moment that we have books in hand.) (Also, just FYI: the final slipcover design looks nothing like the early mockup.)

I’ve got production samples in hands of various elements of the book, including a mockup of the slipcover complete with two 500 page volumes of blank pages. I’m torn between wanting to share photos of everything and wanting to play it close to the vest, so that the whole package is a surprise for backers.

I believe that we’re on schedule to ship books in January as promised. It’s unfortunate that we won’t have them in time for Christmas, but I do plan to post a downloadable certificate you can print and put under the tree as a placeholder, if you want to pre-order a set of the books as a gift for someone.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    Wrote to ask him when the Backspacer records would ship.

Tom Tomorrow says:
    we are still on track to ship things out in January, as promised.

I still don't know if he is going to ship the records in a separate package. If he ships it with the book we are going to get some bent and crushed signed covers. Not sure why the records couldn't be shipped earlier like the drum heads.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2

Wrote to ask him when the Backspacer records would ship.

Tom Tomorrow says:
    we are still on track to ship things out in January, as promised.

I still don't know if he is going to ship the records in a separate package. If he ships it with the book we are going to get some bent and crushed signed covers. Not sure why the records couldn't be shipped earlier like the drum heads.

Not sure if this has been brought up to Tom but what if the signed Backspacer records could be shipped out separately & early but we would be charged for additional shipping, if we want the records before Christmas. If that option was offered I wouldn't mind paying the additional postage.
    Bump!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I want my Backspacer! Lol.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    patience fellaz...its not like he's holding things back on purpose....lol.

patience fellaz...its not like he's holding things back on purpose....lol.

• leach7leach7 Posts: 402
    Did anyone get the survey email yet? The one that you confirm your shipping address etc?
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    leach7 said:

Did anyone get the survey email yet? The one that you confirm your shipping address etc?

I have not.
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454
    edited January 2016
    Received from Tom on January 11th

"You'll be getting an email from us in the next few weeks to fill out address and so on. Fingers crossed, books should be in our warehouse last week of January, books & rewards will ship concurrently."
    I really hope he actually does ship the records safely and not just put in a box with the book. I don't frame my records, but this one is definitely going up on the wall.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    cockage said:

Received from Tom on January 11th

"You'll be getting an email from us in the next few weeks to fill out address and so on. Fingers crossed, books should be in our warehouse last week of January, books & rewards will ship concurrently."

Awesome!! :)
    From Tom.

"Hey a note to Kickstarter backers: just FYI, the free six month subscription to this list will be over in February. I think February 20 is the actual date, but I'll probably keep it going til the end of the month. I would, of course, be delighted if you decide to subscribe at that point, and will send out a link when the time comes."
    edited January 2016
    Update #20: estimated shipping, Backerkit surveys, and .pdf files
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow
    For backers only

The books are in transit, and should arrive at the Make That Thing warehouse any day now (though the big storm has undoubtedly delayed everything slightly). As soon as they're on site, the busy MTT elves will start shipping them out. Keep in mind, there are more than 3,000 books to package and ship, many with bookplates and additional rewards and other complications, and it's obviously better to get it done right than too quickly. Nonetheless, these boxes (see below) should start showing up on your doorsteps in February. We had these specially built for TMW 25. In addition to the nifty outer printing, they have an inner layer of cushioning specifically designed to keep the books safe in transit. It was yet another unanticipated additional expense, but it seemed like the best way to make sure your books arrive undamaged. (And DON'T WORRY -- fragile rewards will be shipped separately, and packed equally well.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: the instant the books arrive at the MTT warehouse, they'll be sending out a survey through Backerkit. This is where you give us your mailing address, so if you ignore that survey, we won't be able to send you your books! I'll send out an update through Kickstarter at the same time, so you know that it's really from us and not some weirdly elaborate phishing scheme. (There will also be an opportunity for .pdf backers to upgrade to the actual books, at least while our supplies last.)

Dan
    Post edited by demetrios on
    I was happy to read "(And DON'T WORRY -- fragile rewards will be shipped separately, and packed equally well.)" Safe records!
    This is going to be a great book to sit and read. I've been digging the weekly email subscription. He is always completely on point with his commentary.
    2022- Oakland Night 2

I was happy to read "(And DON'T WORRY -- fragile rewards will be shipped separately, and packed equally well.)" Safe records!
    This is going to be a great book to sit and read. I've been digging the weekly email subscription. He is always completely on point with his commentary.

Indeed. Just checked the PDF files. Lots of sweet Pearl Jam goodies in there. :)
    Backer kit survey is going out tomorrow.
    @tomtomorrow Kickstarter backers stand by. The Backerkit survey has *not* gone out yet. Trying to find out when it will.
    Response Needed -- Get your reward for 25 Years of Tomorrow emails have been sent out. :)
  • Just had my response needed email. That signed BS is going to be on my wall soon!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Oh Fuck! I forgot I got the pick version!

This has pretty awesome framing potential
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Considering selling my backspacer to offset some recent expenses if anyone is interested. Thanks.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Would love one of the tambourines or drumheads from this sale if anyone is considering selling theirs for tour money. Thanks!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
    Glad there wasn't an addition shipping charges. UPS & USPS shipping prices have gone up a few weeks back.
    And we have liftoff
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

— You should have received a Backerkit survey in your inbox. If you haven’t filled it out yet, please do so asap — we can’t ship you your books until you give us an address.

— If you can’t find the survey in your inbox (or trash or spam folders) you can use this direct link.

— if you *still* have trouble, please email sara@makethatthing.com.

— if you want to download the pdf files, you should do that soon; I’m only going to leave them up for another week or so. (Links to download are in this post.)

— Oh and hey look what’s sitting in a warehouse in Easthampton.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I got a shipping notification on email.

It was confusing, however. I am pretty sure it said that the Backspacer and picks werent yet shipped?