Options

25 Years of Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has been funded! :) Lots of signed Ed & Pearl Jam goodies!

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,735
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    MayDay10 said:

how are those picks... the set of 7?

Is there anything compelling about the set that makes them worth $250?

Actually if you sold them you could easily get more than your $250 back...but why would you want to sell those beauties if you don't already have them.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I was considering trying to 'downgrade' to just the backspacer for $500.

I guess if I took the picks and the signed album to a good framer the finished product can be fantastic
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I was considering trying to 'downgrade' to just the backspacer for $500.

I guess if I took the picks and the signed album to a good framer the finished product can be fantastic

Exactly
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    If anyone wants to downgrade from white Backspacer, drumhead, tambourine, or guitar to just the Backspacer let me know.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Over $300K!
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    50 minutes to go ..
  • Options
    10 minutes left!!! :)
  • Options
    25 Years of Tomorrow by Tom Tomorrow Kickstarter Campaign has successfully been funded. SWEET!!! :)
  • Options
    Wonder who scored what???
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 393
    PP193448 said:

Wonder who scored what???

Signed Backspacer here :rock_on:
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,959
    I got the ITW picture disc :smiley:
  • Options
    White drumhead and regular black Backspacer with picks. :joy:
  • Options
    Congrats to all
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    this is awesome. we should all realize here how awesome this was to have a shot at some of this memorabilia and items. I'm beyond thrilled for everyone and especially TT
  • Options
    And that's a wrap
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

I am astonished. I could not have imagined a better outcome to this campaign, and I thank all of you sincerely for this extraordinary show of support. Right before we launched, I said to a friend — okay fine, I said to Eddie Vedder —"I feel like I'm about to take a stage dive, and I don't know if the audience is there to catch me or not."

Well, you were.

Many, many thanks to the Make That Thing team -- Holly Rowland, Sara McHenry, David Malki, Eliza Rose and last but decidedly not least, my patient and meticulous production artist Christopher Kallini. I literally could not have done this without them.

Thanks also to everyone who donated rewards to help get the campaign off the ground: all the guys in Pearl Jam, of course (with special gratitude to Ed, who really went above and beyond on this thing), Bill Griffith, John Sayles and Maggie Renzi, Daniel Handler, and Andy Fischer. And special thanks to Jacques Lamarre at the Twain House for agreeing to host the book launch event.

And to Michael Moore, who came in at the six-hour mark with a matching-dollar donation to push the campaign over $300K—can't express what an amazing surprise that was.

And the fine people at Kickstarter, who were kind enough to feature my campaign on their front page for a couple of weeks.

A special shoutout to John Scalzi, Gil Roth, Dave Gilson, John Fugelsang, Matt Ramos, Judd Apatow, Kelly Carlin, Greg Pak, Matt Bors, Seth Green, Peter Sagal, Duncan Black, Steve Silberman, Umair Haque, Richard Kadrey, Michele Catalano, Heidi MacDonald, John Dankosky, Gerard Way, Markos Moulitsas, Nicole Sandler, and everyone else who went out of their way to help me boost signal and get the word out over the course of the campaign. And apologies to everyone I'm forgetting, it's been a long, mostly sleep-deprived month!

Most of all, thanks to all of you who pledged to this Kickstarter and not only helped me realize the dream of publishing these books, but pushed it so far beyond that initial goal that this campaign became a life-changing moment, not to mention a huge statement about the popularity of alt-weekly cartooning in an era of apparent decline and editorial indifference. The enthusiasm of your response means the world.

More soon …

Dan

PS: A quick logistical note — some of you have expressed concern that we don't have your addresses. Here's how it works on KS: when the books are in stock and ready to ship, we'll send out a questionnaire to collect that information. It's an odd system, but it's how it's set up, and it makes a certain amount of sense — it ensures that we'll have the most up-to-date information possible.

There are a few things to take care of between now and then, and I'll be keeping you informed of all progress. But for now, I need to take a day or two and relax. Well, actually I need to take a day or two and write my next cartoon, which is not at all the same as relaxing. But with the frantic energy of the KS behind me, perhaps I can sleep in past six in the morning for the first time in a month.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I landed the pick edition with signed backspacer!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I don't think I ever learned to play guitar but I want to add that to learn...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    We need a signed Backspacer check-in thread. Theres what 40 of us?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

30 I think, I'm 1 of 30
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,959
    scurtis said:

30 I think, I'm 1 of 30
    42 in total, 30 (backspacer edition) + 10 (rare picks edition) + 2 (white vinyl rare picks edition)
  • Options
    Ordering additional copies
    Posted by Tom Tomorrow

Just to clarify my answer in the FAQ, you will have an option to order extra copies later in the process, when we send out the questionnaire collecting your address info and so on. That said, if you think you might be ordering extra copies of the book, why don't you throw in a comment so we have a sense of how many of you are interested in doing that.

Also, THANK YOU EVERYONE. I still can't believe this book I've been working on for more than a year is actually going to be a reality.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited August 2015

scurtis said:

30 I think, I'm 1 of 30
    42 in total, 30 (backspacer edition) + 10 (rare picks edition) + 2 (white vinyl rare picks edition)
    We're the rarest mofos out here
  • Options

scurtis said:

30 I think, I'm 1 of 30
    Ahhh good point, forgot about those.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,183
    Who else got the wave doodled tambourine?
  • Options
    maverick said:

Who else got the wave doodled tambourine?

I did. :)
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    scurtis said:

30 I think, I'm 1 of 30
    Now I know who my rich friends are! Thanks.
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

scurtis said:

30 I think, I'm 1 of 30
    Now I know who my rich friends are! Thanks.
    Haha no kidding!
  • Options
    http://thismodernworld.com/archives/8814

If you missed the big Kickstarter, you can still pre-order the book here. https://25-years-of-tomorrow.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders . The number of pre-orders we get in the next few weeks will be a big factor in determining how many extra books over the Kickstarter totals we order from the printer, so definitely don’t assume it will always be available down the road—if you’re interested, you should get your order in now.
  • Options
    mmearhoffmmearhoff Posts: 282
    I scored the clear EV signed drumhead. Looking for the a signed Backspacer album, I have cash and lots of trades including the EV black Zippo.