Options

Mexico City - 28 November 2015

Hi guys! Aussie PJ fanatic living in London. I've decided to go to Mexico for a mate's wedding on November 24 and just saw that PJ are playing in Mexico City on the 28th. I've obviously missed the Ten Club sale so I'm wondering if anybody has a spare member's ticket? I know they're usually sold in pairs so if anybody has an extra one please get in touch so I don't have to sit in the stands!

Cheers,

Jamo

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    The fan club tickets for the SA tour were not sold by the fan club, but you received a password to purchase from the ticket agency. You could buy as many as four tickets so you didn't have the requirement to buy two. Just an FYI. Good luck.
  • Options
    jamsonchujamsonchu Posts: 23
    Thx for the info Bootlegger10! Guess that makes it less likely I'll get a ticket but I'll keep trying..
  • Options
    Thx eddiec..but I'm hoping to get General A ticket which seems to be sold out
  • Options
    Check this Facebook group out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/917830634928854/
    Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow Virginia, 7-1-2003; Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin, 3-9-2011 & 4-9-2011; Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica, 11-20-2011; 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic, 7-2-2012; 02 World, Berlin, Germany, 7-4-2012; Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-7-2012; Oslo Spektrum, Norway, 7-9-2012; Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark, 7-10-2012; 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, Maryland, 10-27-2013; Global Citizen Festival, NYC, 9-26-2015; Foro Sol, México D.F., 11-28-2015; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-01-2016; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-02-2016; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington, 8-8-2018; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington 8-10-2018.
    http://livefootsteps.org/USER/?USR=1225

• Options
    JhareJhare Poza Rica Veracruz MÉXICO Posts: 802
    General A tickets are back!
  • Options
    Llong1984Llong1984 Houston Posts: 9
    I have 2 presale Gen A I'm selling bc Im preggo and can't travel that far along! I emailed 10c and they directed me to ticket master mexico who said I can transfer them via ticket master and then you pick up at the box office the day of.
  • Options
    Jhare!...thanks for updating me. I went to the website just now and I can buy a ticket. But the purchase screen says:
    "RECOGER EL WILL CALL 48 HRS ANTES DEL EVENTO O SERÁ CANCELADO
    No habrá Will Call en el inmueble el día del evento".

Google Translated:
    "WILL COLLECT CALL 48 HRS BEFORE THE EVENT OR WILL BE CANCELLED
    There will be no will call the property the day of the event".

I only arrive into Mexico City on the day of the concert and I think the above means I won't be able to collect my ticket on the concert day. Any idea what I can do?

Llong1984..thanks for the offer but I only need 1 ticket. Let me know if you are happy to transfer just one to me or if you find a buyer for the other one.

Jamson
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Will Call will be open the day of the event. This was confirmed by the 10C.
  • Options
    Llong1984Llong1984 Houston Posts: 9
    Yep, 10C says they will be open up until the show starts. I will split and sell individually.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Anyone know anything about the Grand Prix Hotel down there. looks super close to venue.
  • Options
    This has been very helpful! Will Call will be open at the venue up to 1 hour before the concert (according to Ticketmaster when I went through the process of buying a ticket without actually finalising it).
    Can anybody tell me whether 10C members received any benefit for tickets? I've noticed that this is designated seating rather than General Admission standing so I'm assuming there are no early entry wristbands!?!

Jamson
  • Options
    schappschapp Posts: 160
    wbutler29 said:

Anyone know anything about the Grand Prix Hotel down there. looks super close to venue.

A couple of French friends stayed there for Metallica's residence in the city. It is a decent hotel with a great location for the show, but in the middle of nowhere. Only convenient for the show; if you will go sightseeing, perhaps consider another hotel for the rest of your stay.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Thanks Schapp
  • Options
    jamsonchu said:

This has been very helpful! Will Call will be open at the venue up to 1 hour before the concert (according to Ticketmaster when I went through the process of buying a ticket without actually finalising it).
    Can anybody tell me whether 10C members received any benefit for tickets? I've noticed that this is designated seating rather than General Admission standing so I'm assuming there are no early entry wristbands!?!

Jamson

There are no other benefits for 10C members - no early entry wristbands for the ones in GA.
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,004
    edited July 2015
    I have an extra single Mexico City ticket in section VE-07A, row 3. Face value. PM me if interested.
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    mbmmbm Posts: 5
    Hi guys,
    I'm trying to arrange the trip to Mexico City. But having trouble finding tickets. I see a few available on Ticketmaster. But does anyone know of a good site for resale tickets? Looking for the best pair of tickets I can find. Was tempted to sell my car and house to buy the $40,000 charity package, but will keep that as a last resort! :)

Thanks
  • Options
    schappschapp Posts: 160
    mbm said:

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to arrange the trip to Mexico City. But having trouble finding tickets. I see a few available on Ticketmaster. But does anyone know of a good site for resale tickets? Looking for the best pair of tickets I can find. Was tempted to sell my car and house to buy the $40,000 charity package, but will keep that as a last resort! :)

Thanks

Scalping is illegal in Mexico, so there are no sites like stubhub. You could try mercadolibre, which is like ebay, but again, they thend to shut tickets down as it is illegal.

In my experience, tickets always pop up back into ticketmaster 48 to 24 hours before the show. I guess those come back as they production is setup, maybe unused tickets for sponsors... but as the secondary market is black, then you can actually find decent tickets closer to the show.

I would say "go for it". The show is not sold out, so worst case scenario you end up with cheap tickets but you will be in the venue.
  • Options
    thanks for the insight!
  • Options
    By chance, does anyone have 2 tickets they are looking to sell?
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

Will Call will be open the day of the event. This was confirmed by the 10C.

Does this apply for 10 club tickets only? I have decided I am coming down. However, I won't be in town until late Friday, so no will call on Saturday for ticketmaster tickets would be an issue.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    What are the prices looking like for some of these tix? Really tempted to pull the trigger, assuming they're reasonably priced.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020