Options

Happy 20th Sacramento 06.22.95

cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
edited June 2015 in The Porch
Happy 20th Sacramento!
This is a great show. Hard to beat the previous show at Red Rocks, but there are some great versions of songs none the less. Daughter has a "Big Stars" tag which sounds really cool. Porch with "Steppin' Stone" is a great version.
There's a really good quality audio recording of this show. I'd say it's an A quality.

06/22/95 - Cal Expo Amphitheater: Sacramento, CA [115m]
attendance: 10,000
support act: Bad Religion
set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Animal, Tremor Christ, Jeremy (new), Corduroy, Lukin, Not for You, Dissident, Go, Even Flow, Daughter/(Big Stars)?/ABitW-II, Rearviewmirror, Habit, Immortality, Whipping, Black, Alive, Blood
enc: Better Man, Sonic Reducer, Porch/Stepping Stone, Yellow Ledbetter
notes: This date was originally booked at Lake Tahoe's Boreal Ridge Ski Resort. After much audience debris is tossed onstage (shoes, shirts, etc.), Stone jokes, "OK, we got enough stuff. You can stop throwing now. Look at all this stuff!" Ed remarks later, "If there are any young entrepreneurs out there, I think we could help you open up a thrift shop with all the shit we got up here."
Post edited by cropdustdair on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Is there a silver pressed boot for this show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Happy 20th Sacramento!
    This is a great show. Hard to beat the previous show at Red Rocks, but there are some great versions of songs none the less. Daughter has a "Big Stars" tag which sounds really cool. Porch with "Steppin' Stone" is a great version.
    There's a really good quality audio recording of this show. I'd say it's an A quality.

set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Animal, Tremor Christ, Jeremy (new), Corduroy, Lukin, Not for You, Dissident, Go, Even Flow, Daughter/(Big Stars)?/ABitW-II, Rearviewmirror, Habit, Immortality, Whipping, Black, Alive, Blood
    notes: This date was originally booked at Lake Tahoe's Boreal Ridge Ski Resort. After much audience debris is tossed onstage (shoes, shirts, etc.), Stone jokes, "OK, we got enough stuff. You can stop throwing now. Look at all this stuff!" Ed remarks later, "If there are any young entrepreneurs out there, I think we could help you open up a thrift shop with all the shit we got up here."

My first official plugged in show. Saw them at bridge school the year before this show. Was an amazing show. And then that debacle followed 2 days later at frisco.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    badbrains said:

Happy 20th Sacramento!

My first official plugged in show. Saw them at bridge school the year before this show. Was an amazing show. And then that debacle followed 2 days later at frisco.
    dude you were at this show? why don't you call me and let me know?! what a dick.

how sweet was this show? seems like a small crowd for a 95 show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

badbrains said:

Happy 20th Sacramento!

dude you were at this show? why don't you call me and let me know?! what a dick.

how sweet was this show? seems like a small crowd for a 95 show.
    I remember it like it happened yesterday. From meeting the 2 cool dudes in the pit before the show to vedder walking on stage and saying to himself "wow" when he saw the crowd. It was a weird set up because it had a pit and bleachers around for the people who wanted to sit and watch. I took my 42 year old uncle to the show. We split up, he went to the bleachers and I went to the pit. After the show my uncle told me "these guys are gonna be the biggest band in the world." He was right.
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    mcgruff10 said:

Is there a silver pressed boot for this show?

Nope, no silver pressed boot for this show.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 613
    This was my first show, never could have imagined I would eventually see them nearly 40 times and counting. Was listening to the boot this morning, I'll never forget that night. In a lot of ways it changed the next 20 years for me. Was lucky enough to see them one more time at San Jose during the '95 tour. It was a one of a kind tour with the Ticketmaster situation. Felt like it could have very well been their last tour. Thankfully they regrouped, came up with No Code and continued being a band for another 2 decades!
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    "Somebody's either spitting on me or sweating on me!"

Heard on the way home from the meat puppets/soul asylum Bowery ballroom show.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Sirius is playing this show right now. An audience recording, but doesn't sound too bad.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023