Options

Joseph Arthur say that RNDM would be touring in the fall.

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Interesting about Jeff really not liking touring - where is that knowledge from, like has he said that repeatedly in interviews and I'm just not remembering? Or where does that information come from? I'm getting old, probably just forgetting... :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited June 2015
    JH6056 said:

Interesting about Jeff really not liking touring - where is that knowledge from, like has he said that repeatedly in interviews and I'm just not remembering? Or where does that information come from? I'm getting old, probably just forgetting... :)

He said it in a radio interview for RNDM a couple of years ago. He doesn't like being on the road. He didn't mean he doesn't like performing. Just not the actual touring part of a tour, like living out of a suitcase, new place every night, etc..... Sounds like he needs teleporters to exist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

He said it in a radio interview for RNDM a couple of years ago. He doesn't like being on the road. He didn't mean he doesn't like performing. Just not the actual touring part of a tour, like living out of a suitcase, new place every night, etc..... Sounds like he needs teleporters to exist.
    That is interesting. I wonder how much that is always how he's felt... and how much of that is how hard that RNDM tour was for them (it's been awhile since he played to 1/2 full or less than 1/2 full smaller clubs). I got the impression he was a bit disappointed/bummed about that tour, even though it seemed like all 3 of them felt like the fans who did see the shows were seriously into them.

Anyone remember him saying something similiarly about not liking the tour part (I understand he loves the performance and playing parts) when he was doing a PJ tour? Just curious, I understand he may have always felt that way even if he didn't say it until RNDM, but I'm wondering if he did say it before?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    JH6056 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

That is interesting. I wonder how much that is always how he's felt... and how much of that is how hard that RNDM tour was for them (it's been awhile since he played to 1/2 full or less than 1/2 full smaller clubs). I got the impression he was a bit disappointed/bummed about that tour, even though it seemed like all 3 of them felt like the fans who did see the shows were seriously into them.

Anyone remember him saying something similiarly about not liking the tour part (I understand he loves the performance and playing parts) when he was doing a PJ tour? Just curious, I understand he may have always felt that way even if he didn't say it until RNDM, but I'm wondering if he did say it before?
    It certainly might have had to do with that RNDM tour. They were slumming it in Jeff Ament terms, lol. It probably seemed cushy to Joseph and Richard! He seemed to really bond with the band on that tour though. But yeah, the crowds sucked (I actually felt a bit bad for them), and whoever booked their venues did a pretty shitty job of it too. Fuck, their Vancouver show was on the same night as a Bruce Springsteen concert. That was some bad planning on someone's part! Not to mention the blizzard problem or whatever they dealt with back East. By the time I saw them, the second to last show of the tour, Jeff was SUPER cranky on stage, to the point where it ruined the show a bit (which kind of pissed me off). He was totally over it by the end as far as I could tell, despite the fact that he gets along with the other guys well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    This is cool news. Although I doubt they would tour where I live.

Btw, where have people seen/ heard/ read jeff doesn't like to tour? Just curious.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Read back up thread red mos, I asked the same question and there's a quote.
  • Options
    Yes PJ Soul, I definitely could see that making him bummed about that tour. Those were a lot of factors he's not used to anymore, even if the other guys were fine with it. Especially if some fans (didn't happen at my RNDM show but I'm sure it did in some places) were yelling out PJ songs or just yelling at Jeff the whole time. That would be an even bigger bummer, especially in a half-full small venue.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Love RNDM! Hoping they come back to the Black Cat! I'll be there with my RNDM mask :smiley:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,897
    Hope they come back to First Avenue, that was a fun show.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

It certainly might have had to do with that RNDM tour. They were slumming it in Jeff Ament terms, lol. It probably seemed cushy to Joseph and Richard! He seemed to really bond with the band on that tour though. But yeah, the crowds sucked (I actually felt a bit bad for them), and whoever booked their venues did a pretty shitty job of it too. Fuck, their Vancouver show was on the same night as a Bruce Springsteen concert. That was some bad planning on someone's part! Not to mention the blizzard problem or whatever they dealt with back East. By the time I saw them, the second to last show of the tour, Jeff was SUPER cranky on stage, to the point where it ruined the show a bit (which kind of pissed me off). He was totally over it by the end as far as I could tell, despite the fact that he gets along with the other guys well.
    I was at that Vancouver show as well but I didn't really notice his surly attitude until after the show. He was especially pissed when I told him about the jackass who stole his RNDM mask off his amp. I loved the show though. Thought the band sounded amazing. Looking forward to seeing them again this year hopefully. Not sure what would be a better venue for them though. They don't seem to pull in big crowds. Maybe Fortune Sound Club?
  • Options
    halv said:

PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

I was at that Vancouver show as well but I didn't really notice his surly attitude until after the show. He was especially pissed when I told him about the jackass who stole his RNDM mask off his amp. I loved the show though. Thought the band sounded amazing. Looking forward to seeing them again this year hopefully. Not sure what would be a better venue for them though. They don't seem to pull in big crowds. Maybe Fortune Sound Club?
    Someone stole his RNDM mask off his amp? Yeah, I'll bet he was surly, I'd be pissed too at that! He wasn't pissed at all at the show I saw, and he was nice as could be after, really took his time with everyone. Maybe that was just a real bummer to him that someone would do that...
  • Options
    That's very uncool that someone wouldn't take his RNDM mask :disappointed:

Well at least we were able to put a big smile on his face when Ed told him that my hubby was wearing a RNDM mask at the Seattle show :smiley: "Hey, Jeff, that's random" :tongue:
  • Options
    GS163319GS163319 Posts: 130
    edited June 2015
    Here is one reference on him not enjoying the travel of touring - came from an ESPN chat he did awhile ago - I can't find the date, but there is reference to Phish getting back together, so must be late 2008.

Mark, Missoula, MT
    How much pressure does the band feel from the fans to tour incessantly-as I believe there are many who consider you guys the best live rock band out there!

Jeff Ament (7:12 PM)
    I love playing....travelling to 5 cities a week, not so much.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    So, you're saying I shouldn't put my stage worn RNDM mask up on ebay. :confounded:
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

So, you're saying I shouldn't put my stage worn RNDM mask up on ebay. :confounded:

Is it orange or black?
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Hobbes said:

Is it orange or black?
    Orange. No, Black. Wait. Orange is the new black. I dunno :i_dunno:
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Hobbes said:

Is it orange or black?
    Orange. No, Black. Wait. Orange is the new black. I dunno :i_dunno:
    Lol...Is it Black with Orange or Orange with Black? :tongue:

• Options
    JH6056 said:

halv said:

PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JH6056 said:

Someone stole his RNDM mask off his amp? Yeah, I'll bet he was surly, I'd be pissed too at that! He wasn't pissed at all at the show I saw, and he was nice as could be after, really took his time with everyone. Maybe that was just a real bummer to him that someone would do that...
    Yeah, he was super mad about that. I talked to him right after and he was pissed. But I also found him to be completely detached during the show too, and he just seemed very tired and grumpy on stage IMO..., But I didn't mean to say it affected the music itself. They sounded great. I just thought his attitude was bad during that show. To me, it looked like he really just didn't want to be there. Someone stealing his mask was just the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    That sucks pjsoul because I sat down, drank beers and talked to Jeff for about 15 minutes after a three fish show. He was so chill and such a nice guy.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I didn't get that vibe at all for the DC show..I didn't have a chance to talk to him later, but he seemed into it...
    Maybe he just hates Canada :tongue:
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852

I didn't get that vibe at all for the DC show..I didn't have a chance to talk to him later, but he seemed into it...

Yeah, I was at the DC show right in front of him, he seemed his normal chill self during the show. I said Nice Bass in between songs and he said thanks. He was also talking with the crowd a bit too. I didn't hang around afterwards, should have,...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj said:

Yeah, I was at the DC show right in front of him, he seemed his normal chill self during the show. I said Nice Bass in between songs and he said thanks. He was also talking with the crowd a bit too. I didn't hang around afterwards, should have,...
    I must have been right behind you :smile: Yeah, if they play the Black cat, I'm definitely going to try to stick around this time...
  • Options
    A lot of us were at that Black Cat show! He was lovely after it, really lovely. And appreciated the feedback about the show we were giving him.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

A lot of us were at that Black Cat show! He was lovely after it, really lovely. And appreciated the feedback about the show we were giving him.

Hopefully they come back :smiley: Tres Mts. played there too...so maybe Jeff likes that venue...I know I do :smiley:
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    I saw them is Philly last time. the crowd was on the small side, but the band seemed in good spirits. Sure there were a bunch of Pearl Jam fans looking for a Pearl Jam type of experience, but there was also a good turn out of Joseph Arthur fans.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    where's the tour announcement? the new cd status?
    i've already started to buy tickets for some 2016 shows...
  • Options
    Every 10th of the month I am certain there will be news, and then..... nothing.

....... Maybe the release will be announced on the 10th! :);)
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    PJ_Soul said:

Every 10th of the month I am certain there will be news, and then..... nothing.

....... Maybe the release will be announced on the 10th! :);)

It's gotta happen eventually.....right?? Haha
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I asked Joseph in June about a RNDM tour. He said "In the fall, I think! Maybe" lol so I'm actually not sure if they will be. It will happen eventually, just not sure if it will be this fall!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Jeff you want better attendance at RNDM shows play bar shows only ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....