Options

‘Im Not There’ soundtrack coming to vinyl again in 4xLP set

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,803
http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/05/29/im-not-there-soundtrack-coming-to-vinyl-for-first-time-in-4xlp-set/

I’m Not There, the film which reimaged Bob Dylan’s life as played by six different actors (Heath Ledger, Richard Gere, Christian Bale, Ben Whishaw, Cate Blanchett, Marcus Carl Franklin), is having its soundtrack reissued onto vinyl through Music On Vinyl (last pressed by them in 2010). The release is set to be a massive 4xLP set, featuring the likes of Eddie Vedder, Sonic Youth, Jim James, Sufjan Stevens, Yo La Tengo, Karen O, The Hold Steady, The Black Keys and many, many more.

It will be pressed on 180-gram wax, but somehow not in a gatefold jacket. It is in a 10 mm jacket, which is pretty wide (standard is like 3 mm). The reissue is set to be released on June 22nd.

SIDE A
1. EDDIE VEDDER & MILLION DOLLAR BASHERS, THE – ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER
2. SONIC YOUTH – I’M NOT THERE
3. JIM JAMES & CALEXICO – GOIN’ TO ACAPULCO
4. RICHIE HAVENS – TOMBSTONE BLUES

SIDE B
1. STEPHEN MALKMUS & MILLION DOLLAR BASHERS, THE – BALLAD OF A THIN MAN
2. CAT POWER – STUCK INSIDE OF MOBILE WITH THE MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN
3. JOHN DOE – PRESSING ON
4. YO LA TENGO – FOURTH TIME AROUND

SIDE C
1. IRON & WHINE & CALEXICO – DARK EYES
2. KAREN O & MILLION DOLLAR BASHERS, THE – HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED
3. ROGER MCGUINN & CALEXICO – ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE
4. MASON JENNINGS – THE LONESOME DEATH OF HATTIE CARROLL

SIDE D
1. LOS LOBOS – BILLY 1
2. JEFF TWEEDY – SIMPLE TWIST OF FATE
3. MARK LANEGAN – MAN IN THE LONG BLACK COAT
4. WILLIE NELSON & CALEXICO – SEÑOR (TALES OF YANKEE POWER)

SIDE E
1. MIRA BILLOTTE – AS I WENT OUT ONE MORNING
2. STEPHEN MALKMUS & LEE RANALDO – CAN’T LEAVE HER BEHIND
3. SUFJAN STEVENS – RING THEM BELLS
4. CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG & CALEXICO – JUST LIKE A WOMAN
5. JACK JOHNSON – MAMA YOU’VE BEEN ON MY MIND / A FRACTION OF LAST THOUGHTS ON WOODY GUTHRIE

SIDE F
1. YO LA TENGO – I WANNA BE YOUR LOVER
2. GLEN HANSARD & MARKETA IRGLOVA – YOU AIN’T GOIN’ NOWHERE
3. HOLD STEADY, THE – CAN YOU PLEASE CRAWL OUT YOUR WINDOW?
4. RAMBLIN’ JACK ELLIOT – JUST LIKE TOM THUMB’S BLUES
5. BLACK KEYS, THE – THE WICKED MESSENGER

SIDE G
1. TOM VERLAINE & MILLION DOLLAR BASHERS, THE – COLD IRONS BOUND
2. MASON JENNINGS – THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN’
3. STEPHEN MALKMUS & MILLION DOLLAR BASHERS, THE – MAGGIE’S FARM
4. MARCUS CARL FRANKLIN – WHEN THE SHIP COMES IN

SIDE H
1. BOB FORREST – MOONSHINER
2. JOHN DOE – I DREAMED I SAW ST. AUGUSTINE
3. ANTONY & THE JOHNSONS – KNOCKIN’ ON HEAVEN’S DOOR
4. BOB DYLAN WITH BAND, THE – I’M NOT THERE

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wonder if it's digital sourcing
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Let's hope the source is from the master recordings and that the release won't be over 60 bucks US from MOV.
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    Where can I get this at??
  • Options
    Treyert14 said:

Where can I get this at??

Any record store that deals with Music On Vinyl. Doesn't come out till June 22nd. If you wanna pre order online I would check to see when Bull Moose puts them up. When it comes to placing pre orders online these guys are one of the best for fulfilling orders. For example the Vinyl Film Records 10" Box Set pre order release.

• Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 729
    amazon.co.uk has it as well for pre-order
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options

amazon.co.uk has it as well for pre-order

It is. With a release date of June 29th. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-There-Songs-Dylan-VINYL/dp/B003U82OL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433102773&sr=8-1&keywords=i'm+not+there+vinyl . Hasn't been posted yet on Amazon USA or Amazon Canada. Probably soon ..
  • Options
    http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/im-not-there#.VW2M8UZxktY

I'm Not There is a meta-biographical film re-imaging the life of Bob Dylan as portrayed by six different actors - Marcus Carl Franklin, Ben Whishaw, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere, and Cate Blanchett - in six different phases of the artists life and career.

The 4LP I'm Not There set features songs from and inspired by this film. The new interpretations of Bob Dylan songs are performed by an eclectic cavalcade of acclaimed and celebrated contemporary musicians including Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Sonic Youth, Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Jack Johnson, Sufjan Stevens, Mark Lanegan and many others!

Many of the album's performances include backing from The Million Dollar Bashers, an ensemble created especially for 'Im Not There' by Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo, featuring Sonic Youth drummer Steve Shelley, Television guitarist Tom Verlaine, Wilco bassist Nels Cline, guitarist Smokey Hormel, keyboardist John Medeski and long-time Bob Dylan band bassist Tony Garnier. Other tracks on the album feature the alternative-country band Calexico backing up artists.

I'm Not There includes two versions of the enigmatic title track, a new interpretation performed by Sonic Youth and the original Bob Dylan recording, a rare often-bootlegged outtake from "The Basement Tapes" sessions which has been unavailable on any official release for a long time.

Catalog # : MOVLP135 Format : 4 LP, 180 gram Releasedate : 2015-06-22
    Barcode : 8713748980245 Sleeve : 10mm Original Release : 2007
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:

Let's hope the source is from the master recordings and that the release won't be over 60 bucks US from MOV.
    It's likely digital, right? I'd think for convenience sake, with all the different artists, it would be recorded digitally.

Should be quality with MOV, but I'm not sure if they ever do anything more than put available masterings on vinyl.
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    I ordered one from Soundstage Direct. Should be a great set of songs to listen to.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Looks like a really great soundtrack to have.... going to wait for reviews on the sound quality before deciding on whether or not I'll buy it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata