Cleveland, tell me about it

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Go Cavs!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I don't care for Cleveland anymore, let this thread die haha.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    No way. It doesn’t die on my end until they beat Boston. 

Go Cavs!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    haha, the notifications do my head in.
    Take it to a NBA thread.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Go Cavs, Go clowns, Go Tribe...  F* Boston.  
  • Options
    Take it to a NBA thread.
    Or you could turn off your notifications. It's your responsibility to take care of your head, not ours.

I'm the same way, and I turned off most of my notifications two years ago. My wife has unread emails and texts and unheard voice messages numbering in the tens of thousands. I don't know how she lives with herself. 

Go Cavs! 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    much like Cleveland, this thread wont die.... 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    If a burning river couldn't do the job, nothing can.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    If a burning river couldn't do the job, nothing can.

Bump.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Take it to a NBA thread.
    Or you could turn off your notifications. It's your responsibility to take care of your head, not ours.

I'm the same way, and I turned off most of my notifications two years ago. My wife has unread emails and texts and unheard voice messages numbering in the tens of thousands. I don't know how she lives with herself. 

Go Cavs! 
    Didn't know that's an option.
    Can you turn it off for only the threads you want?
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Take it to a NBA thread.

Go Cavs! 
    Yes.  Make sure the star next to the thread name isn't highlighted .
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Take it to a NBA thread.

Go Cavs! 
    Yes.  Make sure the star next to the thread name isn't highlighted .
    It's blank?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    It's because you started the thread.  You'll have to go to your profile > notifications settings, and uncheck the boxes for "Notifiy me when people respond to my discussions."  Just know that you will not receive any notifications for any threads you start if you do this.
  • Options
    It's because you started the thread.  You'll have to go to your profile > notifications settings, and uncheck the boxes for "Notifiy me when people respond to my discussions."  Just know that you will not receive any notifications for any threads you start if you do this.
    Which is why I don't want to do it. 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    Cleveland rocks!
  • Options
    Here comes the King!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    All hail the King!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    He is the goat
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He is the goat
    Yup. Probably shows up to practice, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There are way too many people out there that say he can't compare to Jordan at all.  That he isn't even in the same league.
    I can see defending Jordan's legacy and I can see legitimately thinking he beats LeBron for GOAT.

I can't see how anyone doesn't think he at least deserves the honor of debate.  The man is a powerhouse that (his stint in Miami aside) wins without much help.
    The only time Jordan won anything with a team as bad as the Cavs was in Space Jam.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I grew up in the era of Jordan, and I worshipped at his altar for years. Having said that, there’s no contest, LeBron is better—both sides of the ball, in the paint, from the field, all-around basketball god. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Both sides of the ball?  Then why does Jordan have twice as many All-Defensive First Team awards and 1 more DPOY award than Lebron (for clarification, Jordan has 1, Lebron 0).  Jordan led the league in steals 3 times. Lebron 0.  More League MVPs, more Finals MVPS, 10x scoring champion compared to Lebron's 1.

I get so tired of the "supporting cast" debate, too.  Lebron has played with more than twice as many All-Stars as Jordan ever did.  Only 6 times in Jordan's career was there ever another All-Star on those Bulls teams.  The other 9 times Jordan was an All-Star he was the ONLY Bull on the roster.  Lebron has had 14 All-Stars carry him.

Let's not even start with the numbers of years the 10th or 11th seed in the Western Conference could have been the 4 or 5 seed in the East. The competition doesn't even compare.  Jordan had to go thru Thomas, Bird, Barkley, Miller, Ewing, Shaq, Grandmama, Wilkins, Mourning, et al on a yearly basis.  Who's Lebron had to go thru?  Paul George and Carmelo Anthony?  Well, rit-dit-dit-dit-doo.

End of debate.  Jordan > Lebron.  Stop embarrassing yourselves trying to claim otherwise.

What's that jersey # that Lebron wears on his back?  Even Lebron himself knows what's up.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    Both sides of the ball?  Then why does Jordan have twice as many All-Defensive First Team awards and 1 more DPOY award than Lebron (for clarification, Jordan has 1, Lebron 0).  Jordan led the league in steals 3 times. Lebron 0.  More League MVPs, more Finals MVPS, 10x scoring champion compared to Lebron's 1.

I get so tired of the "supporting cast" debate, too.  Lebron has played with more than twice as many All-Stars as Jordan ever did.  Only 6 times in Jordan's career was there ever another All-Star on those Bulls teams.  The other 9 times Jordan was an All-Star he was the ONLY Bull on the roster.  Lebron has had 14 All-Stars carry him.

Let's not even start with the numbers of years the 10th or 11th seed in the Western Conference could have been the 4 or 5 seed in the East. The competition doesn't even compare.  Jordan had to go thru Thomas, Bird, Barkley, Miller, Ewing, Shaq, Grandmama, Wilkins, Mourning, et al on a yearly basis.  Who's Lebron had to go thru?  Paul George and Carmelo Anthony?  Well, rit-dit-dit-dit-doo.

End of debate.  Jordan > Lebron.  Stop embarrassing yourselves trying to claim otherwise.

What's that jersey # that Lebron wears on his back?  Even Lebron himself knows what's up.
    If he somehow finds a way to win this series, the debate is over forever...LBJ is the GOAT. Go Cavs!!
  • Options
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  One series doesn't define the careers of two individuals.
  • Options
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  One series doesn't define the careers of two individuals.
    Of course it doesn't...but a win as the biggest Finals underdog in two decades would put Lebron ahead of Michael or whoever (if he's not already). I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing Michael was always favored in the Finals. And for the sake of the "all around player" debate, it should be noted that LBJ avg one more rebound and two more assists per game than MJ. And while I get the stats on All Star teammates, Lebron has NEVER had someone on Scottie Pippen's level. Scottie is the most underappreciated player in league history IMO
  • Options
    Jordan never played a team with a fraction of the talent that Golden State has.  In fact, I'm not sure there was ever an opponent that Jordan played in the finals that had more talent than the Bulls.  He did play superior teams in the EC several times (likely) but he lost many times, including in the first round.  I don't think LBJ ever did that.  

I noticed you left off the fact that Lebron is number 7 all time in assists.  Jordan's not in the top 25.  Lebron is in the 17 in steals (Jordan 3).  One could easily argue that Lebron is more of a well rounded player, capable of playing 4 positions.  Jordan couldn't play four positions.  He could NEVER play the 4 or anything deeper.  

Regarding the "twice as many all stars" comments, are you counting number of all star appearances or all star players?  Jordan played on a fairly stable team for his career.  So counting players is misleading.  Jordan played with Pippen.  Who is Lebron's Pippen?  D-Wade?  Maybe... he won two championships in four years together.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Actually one of the finals against the Jazz, Bulls were a slight underdog. (Jazz were -120, Bulls were +100), I was shocked at that line when I called in to the maker of book.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Looks like we were typing the same sentiment simultaneously haha
  • Options
    I personally don't like the GOAT conversation.  Jordan was great.  Lebron is great.  They are heads and shoulders above teh rest.  They both, unlike anyone except maybe Will, dominated the game and league.  They are/were both the Sun of the basketball universe.  Everything revolves around them and there's good reason for that.  Arguing whether 6 rings is better than 3 or if being the #1 scorer in the playoffs (and likely the all time record) is somehow a trump card argument is useless.  Maybe it's fun... but it's useless.  But I see the Jordan people get all amped up about this.  And they end up not appreciating what they are watching and the fact that it's generational.