Options

Don't buy anything from this guy on facebook (or on here if he's on here)

eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
Some girl got ripped off and apparently he's done it to others as well. His name is Keith Veer.
bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
8/28/98- Camden, NJ
10/31/09- Philly
5/21/10- NYC
9/2/12- Philly, PA
7/19/13- Wrigley
10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
10/21/13- Philly, PA
10/22/13- Philly, PA
10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    edited May 2015
    Sucks when crap like this happens. Not to be a douche but the $550 for sealed binaural no code AND coloured PJ20 should have been a red flag.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Horse2345 said:

Sucks when crap like this happens. Not to be a douche but the $550 for sealed binaural no code AND coloured PJ20 should have been a red flag.

Was about to say that. If something is too good to be true, then it is. I hope she didn't PayPal friends and family...
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    Horse2345 said:

This!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Seriously, I was thinking who would pay that amount?

I'm not a collector, but I need to know, those who collect, what are you looking to get out of it? What good is a sealed album, if remain sealed? you never get to enjoy it, unless you think it will be worth more $$ down the line.

This is a serious question.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    Suziemay said:

Horse2345 said:

Was about to say that. If something is too good to be true, then it is. I hope she didn't PayPal friends and family...
    Unfortunately I think she did.
    Horse2345 said:

Wasn't thinking I guess. Yeah obviously that was a little steep but you know some fans are

He tried to see a Wrigley poster on another FB group but when he got called on this, he took it down right away
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Grade A asshole right there folks.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Horse2345 said:

Wasn't thinking I guess. Yeah obviously that was a little steep but you know some fans are

He tried to see a Wrigley poster on another FB group but when he got called on this, he took it down right away

Sorry to hear this Dave :angry: fucking hate people like this. Kieth, you're a grade A asshole as @2-feign-reluctance said.

But the $550 for the 3 albums would have been an absolute STEAL, not a steep price to pay. Colored PJ20 goes for much more than that alone.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,143
    Yeah I am with this ^

550 for all three of those would have been a steal. Those three sealed together could fetch $800 prob give or take.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Well said.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383

I was going to say punk, but your word is better.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited May 2015

Seriously, I was thinking who would pay that amount?

I'm not a collector, but I need to know, those who collect, what are you looking to get out of it? What good is a sealed album, if remain sealed? you never get to enjoy it, unless you think it will be worth more $$ down the line.

This is a serious question.

Just because you buy it sealed doesn't mean you keep it sealed. I certainly wouod never buy an album just to keep it sealed. But those who do... yeah, many people consider it an investment. Others just have the collector mindset, like those people who collect star wars toys that are still in the original packaging. I'm not sure I understand that kind of collecting myself, but people obviously get pleasure out of the simple having of the item. It's like a source of pride and ownership maybe.

I agree that you need to be very wary of those seemingly amazing deals! $550 for those 3 albums would have been an insanely good deal - massive red flag right there. Isn't coloured PJ20 alone going for about that much? Also, never ever ever ever ever pay using the friends and family option. Make it a rule that you refuse to deviate from. If the seller doesn't want to pay the fee, add it to the price and pay it yourself. If the seller asks you not to do that, do not buy from him, because he's a scammer. No one on the up and up would specifically ask you not to use the goods and services payment option if you are paying the fees yourself.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    I see everyone's point about getting these 3 album's at that price SHOULD have been a red flag. But, there are some great people out there and we all hope for the pot at the end of the rainbow. This sort of blatant thievery, not to mention all of the off-color bootleg's out there, should send a message to the powers that be within the band, management & 10 Club to please start re-issuing the vinyl catalog at some point in the very near future.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    She just needs to file a paypal claim. If she needs to send it back, she should video the records being packed up and send it registered. Scammers like this guy require extra caution.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited May 2015
    The guy said on fb that he was trying to make it right and that it was a lack of communication. How's that going?

And IBTL
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    Bump
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    There are many MANY folks in that Pearl Jam Facebook group that are not to be trusted when dealing with PJ goodies. Before you blow a chuck load of money on PJ merch, in a 20,000+ members Facebook group, ask around first.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:

There are many MANY folks in that Pearl Jam Facebook group that are not to be trusted when dealing with PJ goodies. Before you blow a chuck load of money on PJ merch, in a 20,000+ members Facebook group, ask around first.

GREAT point D...
    If you don't know the seller,
    Ask those that you know & trust if they've had any experience with this person.
    DEFINITELY a good idea to ask around!!! :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited May 2015
    Those 3 records for that little amount? Thats kind of capitalist Darwinism right there
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    edited May 2015
    When I was your age, albums cost $10.

Come to think of it, albums today cost between $25-$50.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    When I was at a store the other day I saw a Zeppelin record for $30. I can't ever imagine paying $30 for a record because it sounds marginally better.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    So mu

When I was at a store the other day I saw a Zeppelin record for $30. I can't ever imagine paying $30 for a record because it sounds marginally better.

It's been said plenty of times that listening to records is more than about the sound.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    This guy is on Ebay also (ID: iammine2015). If you contact him with any questions he will offer to sell outside of Ebay which basically takes away any possible recourse.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I would only deal with ten clubbers. No way will i buy anything anywhere else. Hard lesson to learn.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The guy sellimg to ebay,and in 10+ facebook pages like i got shit,pj nation,lost dogs etc and not only one specific page like the official at facebok..and he knew the girl was searching for those records and pm her.and when he sell something he list it in all pj fan pages...the problem is a bad pj fan and not pj fan pages at social media
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    always saddening to learn there are scumbags out there ready to pull these stunts.

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210

The guy sellimg to ebay,and in 10+ facebook pages like i got shit,pj nation,lost dogs etc and not only one specific page like the official at facebok..and he knew the girl was searching for those records and pm her.and when he sell something he list it in all pj fan pages...the problem is a bad pj fan and not pj fan pages at social media

I wonder if this guy is a ten clubber and if so,can the ten club ban him?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    joseph33 said:

I wonder if this guy is a ten clubber and if so,can the ten club ban him?
    As well as how the H is he getting his hands on so much merch to sell on multiple sites? Good grief.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    FoxyRedLa said:

As well as how the H is he getting his hands on so much merch to sell on multiple sites? Good grief.

The point is he doesn't have all the merch he is selling.

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    joseph33 said:

I would only deal with ten clubbers. No way will i buy anything anywhere else. Hard lesson to learn.

I'm more inclined to deal with 10 club members, however, I won't deal with just anyone. Can't stress enough that people should do their research before purchasing anything. And as a personal rule, no matter how much I want something, I do not deal with assholes.
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    I hope that 10c has a database or something with names. If this dude is on here he should be banned. Might do the same here in the future. We had enough of these people with their fake merch. We're all PJ fans here and if we pay for something we should get it. Fans to fans. If you do this kind of stuff then how can you sleep at night and how can you call yourself a ''fan.'' Hope everyone gets their money returned or that he has another solution to this problem. Shame that this happend again. But $550 for those items should trigger you. But maybe you think you are lucky for once, but this kind of luck is hard to find.