Backspacer/Lightning Bolt should b 1 album?

13»

Comments

• cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Interesting, but impossible. Songs were written at different times, so with a different state of consciousness , it's evolution baby!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

How about this...where does Olé go? I effing love that song.
    I like Jimmy Fallon as much as the next guy, ALOT more than Jay Leno, but I do wish they played that on Letterman.

Wow, I despise that song. I can't decide if Ole or Sweet Lew is worse (those are my 2 least favorite aka most hated PJ songs ever), and Sweet Lew is really only bad because of Jeff's weird vocals on it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I will never quite understand the collective hatred for Ole. It's not that bad, sheesh.

I will never quite understand the collective hatred for Ole. It's not that bad, sheesh.

It's like

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,810
    Love sweet lew. Given props to Kareem.
    EB218946 said:

Love sweet lew. Given props to Kareem.

I like that it requires a basketball to play it.
    But the vocals. Oh man. No. It really gets under my skin.
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 390
    First, I must say that unlike many people on this board, I am a huge Backspacer fan and I think it is a better record than Lightning Bolt. Got Some, The Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Just Breathe, Unthought Known, and Force of Nature are incredible tunes. I also really like a very unpopular one on this board: Speed of Sound. I do think the demo is better than the album version, but a great one nonetheless.

Having said that, Lightning Bolt had it's moments and I enjoy participating in these types of exercises, so here you go:

Side 1:

1. Getaway
    2. Mind Your Manners
    3. The Fixer
    4. Johnny Guitar
    5. Just Breathe
    6. Unthought Known

Side 2:

7. Got Some
    8. Force of Nature
    9. Lightning Bolt
    10. Sirens