Options

Goodbye, this use to be a really cool place

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    stay classy 10C
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    This thread has had ups and downs, highs and lows. It's like a fucking roller coaster ride.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    callen said:

callen said:

Love how all are just piling on. Feel good?

Make you feel smarter or superior?

Yeah it does, thanks for asking (!)
    I think the problem is over the years a number of people feel the need to post they are leaving because they dont like these boards and in this case, have stated it multiple times and yet still continue to post. It just feels like a case of the boy crying wolf
    Of all the things in your life you are bothered by a poster on a music forum and when you see a little weakness you pounce on them like a freakin
    12 year old. Really? And your proud of it.

Grow up.

And all you assholes jumping in on this same message.
    calling people assholes, children, and telling us to grow up? Hank insulted all of us and made a thread about himself. We replied with our opinions. You're blaming the victims and thirty is 'piling on' :lol:

'Of all the things in your life you are bothered by'....Do you feel smarter and superior for playing white knight to innocent, cuddly ol' hank?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    People are still surprised people are mean on the internet lol
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

callen said:

callen said:

I think the problem is over the years a number of people feel the need to post they are leaving because they dont like these boards and in this case, have stated it multiple times and yet still continue to post. It just feels like a case of the boy crying wolf
    Of all the things in your life you are bothered by a poster on a music forum and when you see a little weakness you pounce on them like a freakin

Grow up.

calling people assholes, children, and telling us to grow up? Hank insulted all of us and made a thread about himself. We replied with our opinions. You're blaming the victims and thirty is 'piling on' :lol:

'Of all the things in your life you are bothered by'....Do you feel smarter and superior for playing white knight to innocent, cuddly ol' hank?
    Thank you for the laugh, sir!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    my2hands said:

People are still surprised people are mean on the internet lol

Surprised hardly human nature.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    everybody rally the defenses!!!!!
  • Options

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Stand by my posts. If they make people question their motivations great.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    you question certain folks' opinions around here, and the internet army comes outa the woodwork like cockroaches in the dark. juvenile cockroaches.
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

You always do amigo, love that about you :)
    i stand by mine also. Sometimes people need to be taken down a notch. That goes for all of us.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

i stand by mine also. Sometimes people need to be taken down a notch. That goes for all of us.
    Guess real frustration lies in seeing people that post some great shit including my fellow jammers that post on fairness for fellow humans on other threads rail on a guy that really is a great fan and believe a good person. Is he perfect of course not. Should he of posted the good bye message not realizing how this place can be addictive, of course not. But we all have our faults.

Think the poll just put it over the edge.

And I too get frustrated at number of posts for plastic trinkets and vinyl that never gets played.

Peace.

Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Guess real frustration lies in seeing people that post some great shit rail on a guy that really is a great fan and believe a good person.

Peace.

There is no way for me to further explain why I chimed in without adding more criticism. I've already said my piece, so I'll let it go...
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Guess real frustration lies in seeing people that post some great shit including those of my fellow jammers that post on fairness for fellow humans on other threads rail on a guy that really is a great fan and believe a good person. Is he perfect of course not. Should he of posted the good bye message not realizing how this place can be addictive, of course not. But we all have our faults.

And I too get frustrated at number of posts for plastic trinkets and vinyl that never gets played.

Peace.

I play all my vinyl. A lot of people here do.
    I personally see no reason for anyone to criticize anyone else for being interested in whatever turns their crank. It seems really judgemental. I'm starting to really sense some hypocrisy from both you and Hank TBH.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Guess real frustration lies in seeing people that post some great shit including those of my fellow jammers that post on fairness for fellow humans on other threads rail on a guy that really is a great fan and believe a good person. Is he perfect of course not. Should he of posted the good bye message not realizing how this place can be addictive, of course not. But we all have our faults.

Peace.

I personally see no reason for anyone to criticize anyone else for being interested in whatever turns their crank. It seems really judgemental. I'm starting to really sense some hypocrisy from both you and Hank TBH.
    No you missed my point. Good for you that you play your records. Doesn't take away from many posts discussing value of shit rather than the love of the music. Hey collecting is fine, I get it.

My point was directed at the school yard antics of tearing apart a fellow pj fan and if I would not have come here and pointed it out it would of continued. Glad I was able to give some of it back and maybe people will realize how mean they truly are.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    My name is drowned out, and I have a sealed Benny. It's been over a year since my last trade bait purchase.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Peace.

No you missed my point. Good for you that you play your records. Doesn't take away from many posts discussing value of shit rather than the love of the music. Hey collecting is fine, I get it.

My point was directed at the school yard antics of tearing apart a fellow pj fan and if I would not have come here and pointed it out it would of continued. Glad I was able to give some of it back and maybe people will realize how mean they truly are.

If he didn't want our opinions he shouldnt have made the thread. HE made it about him, not us. And it's a pattern with him. Where is your criticism of him for tearing everyone else apart?
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    IBTL
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Too many threads to sift through. Is this where I get my free tacos?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Hobbes said:

No tacos here just gyros
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

My name is drowned out, and I have a sealed Benny. It's been over a year since my last trade bait purchase.

Want a trade something for it? Haha
  • Options
    He made himself an easy target. Drowned... your initial post was spot on, but why bother?

You do a really good job of attacking ideals you oppose, but I have to admit I was a bit surprised at you pouncing on an individual in the manner you did. Do I think any less of you? No. I'm just wondering what possessed you to research his post history and thrust your fangs in like you did?

It's irrelevant at this point. Hank's made his bed- he can lie in it. I'm not trying to play 'white knight'... but let's get serious: the point has definitely been made.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Hobbes said:

No tacos here just gyros
    NO TACOS!!! Fuck that. I'm outta here.....

OK, I'm back. Can I have a gyro now?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Hobbes said:

No tacos here just gyros
    Great, just great!

Thanks to you both for making my tummy growl a bit louder :angry:
  • Options

He made himself an easy target. Drowned... your initial post was spot on, but why bother?

You do a really good job of attacking ideals you oppose, but I have to admit I was a bit surprised at you pouncing on an individual in the manner you did. Do I think any less of you? No. I'm just wondering what possessed you to research his post history and thrust your fangs in like you did?

It's irrelevant at this point. Hank's made his bed- he can lie in it. I'm not trying to play 'white knight'... but let's get serious: the point has definitely been made.

by asking me 'why?', you're asking me to continue my criticisms. Not gonna do it :lol: I will just say that I bit my tongue for a long time in regards to the points I made. The 'research' was my time in the porch, with a single click to back up my observations with stats....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2015
    I don't give a fuck what people think about me or say about me in real life, so I definitely don't give a fuck what you assholes think or say about me, so hopefully Hank doesn't either

but honestly, dude is clearly setting himself up for a little ball breaking with this thread, and i am sure he can take it
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Want a trade something for it? Haha
    You can have it...it's all about the music, man.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Guess real frustration lies in seeing people that post some great shit including my fellow jammers that post on fairness for fellow humans on other threads rail on a guy that really is a great fan and believe a good person. Is he perfect of course not. Should he of posted the good bye message not realizing how this place can be addictive, of course not. But we all have our faults.

Peace.

So what it boils down to here is not that you really believe people are bullying, it is that you agree with hanks assessment of the porch. I am not a collector by any stretch, i dont generally do vinyl, but jesus, just dont click on the thread and move on. Do i sometimes get tired of the merch bitching? Yes, but come on. It bugs me for 3 seconds and then i move on. You guys want the porch to reflect your own interests. Start your own fanpage then. This website is not about your interests, its about the collective interests of the fanbase.

Also, the definition of the porch is "all things pearl jam". The words and music section is for discussing the songs and lyrics, etc. so it seems hank (and whoever else is complaining about this) just needs to realize maybe he has been hanging out in the wrong section is all.

But like i pointed out earlier, hank started many a thread and poll of his own specifically geared towards merch, so it seems pretty disengenuous to complain about the state of affairs when he has been a direct contributor.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    And that poll? Speedy is harmless. And people get his humour with no malicious motivation.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Peace.

I agree that some of the comments are over the top... but then I remember that Hank is a grown man who spends a lot of time here, and knows perfectly well how these kinds of threads go over, so I figure he can defend himself of he wants to.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

callen said:

PJ_Soul said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Grow up.

Peace.

If he didn't want our opinions he shouldnt have made the thread. HE made it about him, not us. And it's a pattern with him. Where is your criticism of him for tearing everyone else apart?
    Good question. Hank has gone at people pretty hard before, and has been generally very insulting many times (not to me personally I don't think - nothing personal, just true). Another reason why I figure he doesn't really need defending.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
This discussion has been closed.