Options

Goodbye, this use to be a really cool place

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

We're not all special little flowers, Hank.

I am a goddamned snowflake, I don't care WHAT Tyler Durden says.
    =)

I also need deadendp and her asterisk!
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Hank, I always enjoy your polls! Will miss them if you leave. ):
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    I've seen breakups less dramatic than this...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited May 2015

This all is a good reason for PJ to give us a SPIN THE BLACK CIRLCE place. Only vinyl talk allowed. Think that would solve you're problem ;). If I were you I would stay. I am not long on these boards and know that you're very much liked around these parts. Once the mystery vinyl is landed everywhere I think that will clear up the vinyl threads. Everything will turn to normal, I presume.

I agree with this. A place just for talking about merch would be great. I like discussing merch - specifically vinyl - a lot. For collectors, there is a lot to say. It's a hobby, and it's good to talk it to death with like-minded people, lol. But separating it from discussing the band's music would be great, since I and we all love discussing the music too.
    That said, i kind of feel like just about everything that can be discussed about the music has already been said on these boards. Unless PJ are making new music, the heavy discussions about it about are bound to peter out. There continues to be new vinyl/merch to discuss, but very little new music. I think that's why we're seeing so many threads about merch now - that is simply what is currently happening in PJ land, and that is what we know is most likely to be coming down the pipe too.
    And JustaPJFan is right - once the mystery vinyl is all recieved and poured over, those threads will also go away.

Besides, talking about PJ vinyl IS largely about the music. A lot of people are so excited about it because they get to spin it!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    FFS there's 2950 pages of threads on The Porch, if the ones on the first page aren't to your liking, move on to the next page.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mrk2 said:

FFS there's 2950 pages of threads on The Porch, if the ones on the first page aren't to your liking, move on to the next page.

Also a very good point. The option is to keep starting your own threads of you're not happy with the ones that already exist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    mrk2 said:

Haha, this made me laugh. It gets a thumbs up from me :plus_one:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

I counted 14 of the 28 threads on the first page were merchandise/vinyl related, it use to be that 80 to 90% of the threads were about the music or tour dates or stuff band related, and the merchandise threads keep taking over more and more of the porch, no offense to people who want to spend their time speaking about the merchandise, just not very inspiring for me, I joined this group because I assumed that it was a bunch of people who wanted to talk about the music. I know this thread will get locked because there is a constant attempt to limit free expression even when clearly nothing I have said violates the board rules. I will stay until they announce a Canadian Tour, but I will only be keeping that one thread active for my many friends in Canada, after that I am gone, probably going to let my membership expire too (I might keep it just for the setlist threads over in Given To Fly), I can always get tickets on Facebook. Maybe it is just me, but I can't see why it so hard to have a section just for people who want to talk about the band, the tour dates and the songs (although maybe this is the way the band wants it, as they play fewer and fewer shows, maybe they want it to be all about merchandise), but all these other threads make it too hard to sift through, so my best wishes, but this time is for good unless they create a forum that is about the songs, tour dates and the band, so good luck to everyone, this is a bummer, there were so many great discussions in here, my time on The Porch is nearing it's end, proof that not all change is for the good (although I am sure some are rejoicing, lol). No hard feelings, best wishes to everyone.

So go to the words and music section of the site. That's what that section is for. Problem solved.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

=)

We're all brilliant asterisks! (Ask, Hedonist, and ye shall receive!)

In all seriousness, my time here on the boards has been brief in relation to time other people have been here. In my short time, I've noticed that the boards have seasons. When touring, you have the ISO (name your venue here) threads. During Mystery Box sales, we have those threads. Sometimes I sift. Sometimes I decide to fold the laundry and clean the dishes instead. But I do agree with 2-feign. =)

The forum isn't time clock attached. Be in when you want to be. Be out when you want to be. Just make sure that you enjoy what you are doing. (Whether it be here or elsewhere.) If you aren't, then make a change.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

=)

In all seriousness, my time here on the boards has been brief in relation to time other people have been here. In my short time, I've noticed that the boards have seasons. When touring, you have the ISO (name your venue here) threads. During Mystery Box sales, we have those threads. Sometimes I sift. Sometimes I decide to fold the laundry and clean the dishes instead. But I do agree with 2-feign. =)

The forum isn't time clock attached. Be in when you want to be. Be out when you want to be. Just make sure that you enjoy what you are doing. (Whether it be here or elsewhere.) If you aren't, then make a change.
    Ha! You rock, with this said not as a recipient.

I'm actually listening to the Benny version of Down at the moment.

PERFECT.

Long live this music, and us with it, long as we may run.
  • Options
    How does this thread even remotely belong on the porch?

Now another thread people have to sift through that's not about PJs music.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    Honestly, do what you want. Never understood the dramatic "leaving here" posts, but whatever.

Looking at the user names in this post, could be wrong, but believe Hedo and I have been around longer than most. We've taken leave, but come back when we want.

There will always be a new generation (if you will) of members who are in a different place.

Just don't see the need to announce your departure. Too negative for me.

• Options

How does this thread even remotely belong on the porch?

Now another thread people have to sift through that's not about PJs music.

Haha, well played.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    This still is a really cool place. As others have said I think the vibe changes depending on what's happening in the PJ world. Right now it's a lot of merch talk. Who cares?? Just skip those threads. I think you should stick around Hank, FWIW. No need to quit just cause of a few merch discussions.
  • Options
    Its kind of interesting, as you started at least 2 or 3 polls, not to mention a few discussions on the porch, about merch yourself. So it seems you are quitting for your own contributions. Lol.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,460
    Hank will be back.
    I'm counting on it.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    heard that before, he'll be back

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/229904
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    TJ25487 said:

Hank will be back.
    I'm counting on it.

Pretty sure this isn't the first time Hank has said his final goodbye.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    He seems like a child that needs attention. Whatever the case - it's a down time for Pearl Jam. We're almost 2 years since the last album. They haven't played anywhere in North America this year. There's not much else to say that hasn't already been said.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    PJ_Soul said:

TJ25487 said:

Hank will be back.
    I'm counting on it.

Very very true. People come and go. Love this place much more than the fb forum.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

TJ25487 said:

Hank will be back.
    I'm counting on it.

Very very true. People come and go. Love this place much more than the fb forum.
    Just the other day I said I needed to just step away from the boards... i had my reasons and still do... but quitting cold turkey is much easier said than done. ;)
    Either way, I think blaming the boards or the thread topics for your need to leave seems a bit unfair. The reason anyone needs a break from this place is all about their own shit, not everyone else's. I.e. this is still a cool place. It's just not suiting Hank's needs at the moment.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    imagephoto 8A39EF6A-D54F-4824-9F66-C4FEBF531F79.gif" />
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    ^^Post of the day^^

Hanks leaving.... Again?

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ive been around since the usenet days and the synergy days. People quit this place every week. They always come back. PJ boards are always silly and full of weirdos. Nothing will change. Ever see a group of people waiting to meet Ed? They all think they're his best friend and have Who and Cubs comments for him. You either put up with it or u dont.

He'll be back
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    This forum is the best place.as comes for pj amd social media..period
    the rest social media,are just faster and more easy to navigate..thats why most people went there + is more easy to play it rebel and do personal attacks and get into fight there than here..
    however the porch isnt about music anymore...its about merch..sad...as i said million times they need to make a different forum for the merch 10c or pj put for sale..
    and by far given to fly is the best forum here and second best AET
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'll miss your yellow corduroy pants.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

photo 8A39EF6A-D54F-4824-9F66-C4FEBF531F79.gif

Holy Shit! Thats funny :rofl:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

=)

Ha! You rock, with this said not as a recipient.

I'm actually listening to the Benny version of Down at the moment.

PERFECT.

Long live this music, and us with it, long as we may run.
    Ladies, you are awesome! :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Why wasn't there a poll associated with him leaving? :-P
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    edited May 2015

^^Post of the day^^

Hanks leaving.... Again?

if you are going with the wrestling gif i would have chosen Daniel Bryan instead :wink::lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly