Options

Sirius/XM: Binaural 15th Anniversary Special

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Anyone care to share highlights? Things you didn't know?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736

Anyone care to share highlights? Things you didn't know?

To be honest, I don't think I learned anything I didn't already know from absorbing all the interviews, articles, demo versions and official releases that have come out over the past 15 years, but it was still a good listen.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    Was eddies writers block mentioned!?
    Or
    Why certain songs were left off / included!?
    Haven't had a chance to sit and listen in full!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    edited May 2015

Was eddies writers block mentioned?

Yes. Either from Tchad Blake or Brendan O'Brien.

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    demetrios said:

Binaural 15th Anniversary Special on SiriusXM's PJRadio May 22nd 2015
    http://we.tl/iKLuetYA9G

you rock bro. I know what I'm doing tonight.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Thank you so much demetrios!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268
    Thanks for making this available, but I was quite disappointed. There really was very little new insight into the songs. There was absolutely no commentary on "Insignificance" except for the note from the Rob that it was "one of two" politically charged songs on "Binaural." First, this is not much of an observation and, second, there are more than two politically charged songs on the record: "Grievance," "Rival"-- even "Soon Forget" has political overtones. Similarly, "Light Years" was described as one of Pearl Jam's first songs about loss. Really? What were "Release" (lost parent), "Black" (lost love) and even "Alive" (lost parent) about, just to name three songs from one album off the top of my head?

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    BF25394 said:

Thanks for making this available, but I was quite disappointed. There really was very little new insight into the songs. There was absolutely no commentary on "Insignificance" except for the note from the Rob that it was "one of two" politically charged songs on "Binaural." First, this is not much of an observation and, second, there are more than two politically charged songs on the record: "Grievance," "Rival"-- even "Soon Forget" has political overtones. Similarly, "Light Years" was described as one of Pearl Jam's first songs about loss. Really? What were "Release" (lost parent), "Black" (lost love) and even "Alive" (lost parent) about, just to name three songs from one album off the top of my head?

Rob did a great job and cant force someone from the band to say more infos than the ones he want to share or even know..and its 15 years back..they dont remember all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838

demetrios said:

you rock bro. I know what I'm doing tonight.

Jed said:

Thank you so much demetrios!

You're welcome! :)

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268

BF25394 said:

Rob did a great job and cant force someone from the band to say more infos than the ones he want to share or even know..and its 15 years back..they dont remember all
    I wasn't suggesting they should be forced to say anything. The point is that what they did say added very little to what we already know about the making of this record, and the descriptions from the host were unenlightening. I tuned in expecting fresh insight from this "in-depth" special (Rob's words). It didn't deliver that. Did you notice that this "in-depth" special, which refers more than once to the binaural recording technique favored by Tchad Blake that gave the record its name, doesn't even attempt to explain or describe how that recording technique actually works? Again, this "in-depth" special offered nothing whatsoever from the band about "Insignificance," one of the most-performed tracks from the album.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Yeah, I must admit I was hoping for more. Seemed very thrown together. Really just played the album with tidbits every two or three songs.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Tchad Blake......

Why the "T"?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017

Seemed very thrown together.

Welcome to Pearl Jam Radio!
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    BF25394 said:

BF25394 said:

I wasn't suggesting they should be forced to say anything. The point is that what they did say added very little to what we already know about the making of this record, and the descriptions from the host were unenlightening. I tuned in expecting fresh insight from this "in-depth" special (Rob's words). It didn't deliver that. Did you notice that this "in-depth" special, which refers more than once to the binaural recording technique favored by Tchad Blake that gave the record its name, doesn't even attempt to explain or describe how that recording technique actually works? Again, this "in-depth" special offered nothing whatsoever from the band about "Insignificance," one of the most-performed tracks from the album.

I hear..i just said u can take what they give u
    we all expected more as always..from the other hand we could not have even this..so its ok ..i liked it alot...loved listen mike talking about binaural
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Let me know if you have any problems downloading the radio broadcast from WeTransfer or Mega.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    demetrios said:

Let me know if you have any problems downloading the radio broadcast from WeTransfer or Mega.

No trouble at all! Thx so much for making it available. Listened while working yesterday and loved it! Binaural is my favorite album overall so it was awesome to hear the tidbits no matter how small!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Maybe next time, like in a year for the 20th anniversary of no code, if they do this again, they can ask the fans if they have any questions to ask. I feel like I had a bunch of stuff I would have liked to have known about binaural and it never really went there.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    demetrios said:

:rock_on:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Thanks Demetrios. That was a good listen. I'm now rediscovering this album all over again.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    No problemo! :)

The next special will be on August 27th.

Ten .. 24th Anniversary
    No Code .. 19th Anniversary

I hope SiriusXM PJ Radio does something BIG that day.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    demetrios said:

Ten .. 24th Anniversary

don't usually celebrate those years. It would be better next year 25th and 20th
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    I think the next one would be Mirrorball/Merkinball 20 years
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

demetrios said:

Ten .. 24th Anniversary

don't usually celebrate those years. It would be better next year 25th and 20th
    That's true. It'll still be celebrated. Maybe Ed will stop by SiriusXM on August 27th & make some comments about these 2 records. *wishful thinking ..
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Link isn't working. Anyone have a current one? Thanks!
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Mega link still is. All good. :)
  • Options

Mega link still is. All good. :)

Awesome! :) Free WeTransfer links are only up for a few day's while Mega links can last forever, which is cool. But some folks have had problems downloading with Mega on their smartphones & desktop browsers. I usually use WeTransfer for quick & easy .. upload & download connections.
  • Options
    Anyone care to put it back up on Mega link so I can check it out?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options

Anyone care to put it back up on Mega link so I can check it out?

Will the follow WeTransfer link work? :)
    http://we.tl/qj9BUG5EPE
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    D have you by any chance recorded the interview with Robert Plant? I'd like to have a listen.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

D have you by any chance recorded the interview with Robert Plant? I'd like to have a listen.

Sure. Robert Plant Interview w/ Mike McCready July 3rd 2015 SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio MP3 download .. http://we.tl/4PiQYUgFm0