Options

Singles Soundtrack Re-issue Coming Soon (August 2015)

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    hsohi said:

For pre orders does Amazon charge the CC right away or once shipped?

Once shipped.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    hsohi said:

They charge when shipped. I hate that.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Thx
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    demetrios said:

Horse2345 said:

demetrios said:

Available for preorder now over @ Amazon Canada
    CDN$ 40.42 FREE Shipping for Prime members once available
    http://a.co/236YEXu

Nice, glad i ordered from .uk earlier though, $4 cheaper.
    What was your shipping option from Amazon UK? I can't remember but if we choose Express shipping we'll get hit with customs fees via DHL here in Canada.
    As a rule of thumb I always choose the cheapest shipping option, usually because it doesn't involve couriers, and couriers are the worst for charging brokerage fees. Anytime I use amazon uk's free shipping I have no problems.
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    Available at soundstagedirect.com for $29.99
  • Options

hsohi said:

Why? I think its better because then if price goes down you get the cheaper price and if it goes up you get the original price.
    If you paid right away and the price went down you'd lose money or itd be a hassle to get refund.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Horse2345 said:

hsohi said:

Why? I think its better because then if price goes down you get the cheaper price and if it goes up you get the original price.
    If you paid right away and the price went down you'd lose money or itd be a hassle to get refund.
    I think it might be because if the release date is a little ways out, get charged out of the blue and if you've forgotten about it, it can come as a surprise. I agree though, the chance to get it cheaper is nice.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited January 2017

hsohi said:

So do I. I forget I haven't paid yet, and then way later all of a sudden I'm spending money I hadn't planned on spending, lol. I REALLY wish they'd just charge when you order things, and if it's cheaper when they ship than when you paid, they can just refund the difference (which would be like a nice little surprise, haha). Their systems are definitely sophisticated enough for that to be super doable on their end.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

So do I. I forget I haven't paid yet, and then way later all of a sudden I'm spending money I hadn't planned on spending, lol. I REALLY wish they'd just charge when you order things, and if it's cheaper when they ship than when you paid, they can just refund the difference (which would be like a nice little surprise, haha). Their systems are definitely sophisticated enough for that to be super doable on their end.
    I don't think they're legally allowed to charge when you order.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

I don't think they're legally allowed to charge when you order.
    Most online vinyl stores do charge immediately when you do a pre-order, not when it's shipped. I actually can't even think of another online store that doesn't charge until the items ships. Amazon is the exception, not the norm. I think Amazon does it because they just don't want to dedicate themselves to pre-sales because they tend to put up shit that they will never ever actually get, which I think is pretty bullshitty.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Bullmoose doesn't charge until it ships. Zia too. So some stores do what Amazon does.

But I know anytime I buy from artist stores, labels or the companies that manage them, like KungFu, MusicToday, or MerchNow, they charge right away. And it annoys the shit out of me. They get my money for 3 months while I have to wait for the album. I've really come around to the surprise drop with minimal waiting.

• Options

Bullmoose doesn't charge until it ships. Zia too. So some stores do what Amazon does.

But I know anytime I buy from artist stores, labels or the companies that manage them, like KungFu, MusicToday, or MerchNow, they charge right away. And it annoys the shit out of me. They get my money for 3 months while I have to wait for the album. I've really come around to the surprise drop with minimal waiting.

I wouldn't know about Bullmoose because they won't sell to Canadians, lol. ;) Anyway, yeah, I'm sure a few stores do it too... although besides Amazon, I've never bought an album from one that did it that way (few of which are label companies). But anyway, when I decide to buy an album it's because I have available money to do so at that moment in time, so that's when I want to be charged. To each their own. What I really don't like about Amazon is that I have been screwed on their vinyl pre-sales more often than not. I know some say that it's usually okay for them, but that isn't my experience. My Amazon pre-sales are almost always either cancelled or seriously delayed. I don't do Amazon pre-sales now because of that. I just don't trust them to get it right anymore.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    PJ_Soul said:

I wouldn't know about Bullmoose because they won't sell to Canadians, lol. ;) Anyway, yeah, I'm sure a few stores do it too... although besides Amazon, I've never bought an album from one that did it that way (few of which are label companies). But anyway, when I decide to buy an album it's because I have available money to do so at that moment in time, so that's when I want to be charged. To each their own. What I really don't like about Amazon is that I have been screwed on their vinyl pre-sales more often than not. I know some say that it's usually okay for them, but that isn't my experience. My Amazon pre-sales are almost always either cancelled or seriously delayed. I don't do Amazon pre-sales now because of that. I just don't trust them to get it right anymore.
    Can you buy an Amazon gift card at the drug store with cash and then use that GC to order the album?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    bflynn1 said:

Horse2345 said:

hsohi said:

I think it might be because if the release date is a little ways out, get charged out of the blue and if you've forgotten about it, it can come as a surprise. I agree though, the chance to get it cheaper is nice.
    Yeah, exactly. Four months down the road is reeeeeeeeeally easy to forget about. And going by the things I've held in my cart or save-for-later list, the prices never really change that much. I'm not too worried if I pay $30 now and it goes for $29.22 later. It's worth the 78 cents having the security that I already paid for it and can forget about it.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Can you buy an Amazon gift card at the drug store with cash and then use that GC to order the album?
    Sure, that's a good idea (Amazon GCs are digital in fact - not even a need for a trip to the store). But I wouldn't, since I don't trust Amazon pre-sales anyhow. The delayed payment is really the least of my concerns.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sure, that's a good idea (Amazon GCs are digital in fact - not even a need for a trip to the store). But I wouldn't, since I don't trust Amazon pre-sales anyhow. The delayed payment is really the least of my concerns.
    Just suggesting the store route if you wanted to use cash. No worries.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Amazon has one of the BEST hassle free return policies on defective vinyl, SO much easier that a lot of BnM stores.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    MedozK said:

Amazon has one of the BEST hassle free return policies on defective vinyl, SO much easier that a lot of BnM stores.

That's true. They send you a free return shipping label, which is great. I generally love Amazon (little bit of socio-economic guilt involved there, but...). Great place for new albums that aren't on pre-sale.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Amazon Canada price drop of 40 cents!!! :o
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Could be bad news.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    hsohi said:

demetrios said:

Could be bad news.
    Trump just put Amazon Canada "on notice".
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Curious...why all the urgency on a pre-order?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Vinyl limited... will be sold out
  • Options
    hsohi said:

pjradio said:

Where does it state this?
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354

hsohi said:

pjradio said:

It doesn't. That's an alternative fact.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

hsohi said:

pjradio said:

It doesn't. That's an alternative fact.
    My fault.... I wasn't aware vinyl pressings were unlimited. I guess it will always be available for sale in our life time.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    For those who pre ordered with Amazon Canada, do you have the same note in your account on this release?

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. "

Also those who pre ordered on Amazon USA. Same thing?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

For those who pre ordered with Amazon Canada, do you have the same note in your account on this release?

"Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. "

Also those who pre ordered on Amazon USA. Same thing?

Thats what ive gotten every time i preorder when release date is a ways out.
  • Options
    lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    Apologies if this was answered somewhere in this thread...is there no hope of a 10 club presale or release on this?