Options

Where will PJ25 on 10.22.2015 going to be?

2»

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    Brain fart: which newsletter was it that announced the band's 20th (?) anniversary show would be played in space?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Madison Square Garden
    100 Pacer said:

Brain fart: which newsletter was it that announced the band's 20th (?) anniversary show would be played in space?

i believe it was the same newsletter as the vhc ambulance. it was right after the fall tour in europe. I'm thinking spring 97.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Madison Square Garden
    I just found it...issue 11.
    "Pearl Jam to play last show in December of the year 2020. Pearl Jam will play its last show while orbiting around the Earth. Included in the ticket price will be transportation and accommodations in a 50 star, orbiting hotel. The concert will be held in the large wedding hall on the premises. You will also be able to enjoy space walks, low gravity sports, dining and an unforgettable view. The structure will rotate 3 times a minute to recreate 70% of the Earth's gravity. though the ticket prices will be high (US $120,000.00) the service charge will remain a low $2.50. And as always, fan club members will have first dibs on all tickets. See you there! (PS There will be no tape recorders allowed at this show.)"
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Madison Square Garden
    25th anniversary has always been way more fucking important than 20th anniversary, that is why it is called the silver anniversary, WTF is 20th I don't even fucking know, do they even have anything for a 20th anniversary? what like paper doll cutout anniversary or something whatever it is, it has always paled in comparison, and always will, PJ25 celebrated posthumously in South America, I mean really, whatever, it just would be way cooler if the fans in North America who have been supporting the band for 25 years had a opportunity to celebrate the milestone with the band, but that is my opinion and the way I feel, and I am entitled to it
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Chicago
    wishful thinking :D
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    Do an acoustic / semi acoustic album of some songs between MOTHER LOVE and TEMPLE a mix of WOODEN JESUS,HUNGER STRIKE,BONE CHINA ,SAY HELLO,MAN OF GOLDEN,CALL ME A DOG,TIMES OF TROUBLE,GENTLE GROOVE,FOUR WALLED WORLD would do me for about another 50yrs Limited vinyl may be ?
    Big dream but hey,it's a good one
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited May 2015
    The Gorge

Am I the only one who is bothered by the verb use in the thread title? :lol:

Shouldn't it be "Where is... going to be" or "Where will...be"?

Anyway, a show that does not require a lot of travelling would be sweet. I loved the atmosphere at PJ20, so something like that would be awesome too. I have never been to The Gorge, so my vote goes there, even though it is not close to where I live :smiley:

I am more bothered by the word "requie" in your post. :wink:

:lol: Damnit! This keyboard... But you know what? I will edit my post! :smiley:
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    The Gorge
    Gorge
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Seattle
    Well seeing them play in Seattle would be awesome and not to mention I want to get back there so that will be a bonus :)