ed singing tonight at cubs game

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
my buddy is at the cubs game tonight; supposedly an announcement was made that ed is singing take me out to the ball game. don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't happen. cheers!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    45 years ago today, Ernie Banks hit his 500th home run. Ed's definitely singing.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

45 years ago today, Ernie Banks hit his 500th home run. Ed's definitely singing.

That s one awesome stat!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mottzimottzi NW Indiana Posts: 42
    Posted a few minutes ago on Chicago Cubs twitter:
    Tonight's 7th inning stretch will be led by Eddie Vedder on the same date his friend Ernie Banks hit HR #500 in 1970.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Thanks for the heads up! I was just about to give up on TV tonight with nothing interesting on.
  • On now...
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,318
    Mark Grote ‏@markgrotesports - Gave up my seat. @pearljam

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Got lucky and changed from Bulls post game just on time to catch it. Sounds like he'll be at the Allstate Who show tomorrow too.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Dave Miska ‏@thedavemiska - @markgrotesports and Eddie Vedder..

Bah. NY channel only showed like 5 seconds of it. Boo.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Was great in radio booth for the Cubs long inning. Was excited to hear him say other surprises in store for Thur, not just Who songs. Cant wait for Thur!! Long Cubs innings when they are at bat are great, when Eddie is in radio booth during them, they are even better! !!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    He looks very serious in these pictures. How's the game going?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    demetrios said:
    This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

fuckers...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    demetrios said:

Though this doesn't come close to Homer Simpson singing this in the infamous "Grimey" episode, I must thank you! Love how Ed dressed up for the occasion too. Good stuff all around.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    You guys obsessed much? Hahaha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

It's just good shit. In fact, enjoyable shit!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    hedonist said:

It's just good shit. In fact, enjoyable shit!
    Word, Hedonist. Word.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Chicago Cubs ‏@Cubs Eddie Vedder led the stretch and honored #MrCub on the 45th anniversary of his 500th HR by wearing a #14 pin.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    hedonist said:

demetrios said:

Though this doesn't come close to Homer Simpson singing this in the infamous "Grimey" episode, I must thank you! Love how Ed dressed up for the occasion too. Good stuff all around.
    thank-you Hedo!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/watch-eddie-vedder-leads-wrigley-field-seventh-inning-stretch

It might not be one of Pearl Jam's classic songs, but Eddie Vedder has got "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" down pat.

The Pearl Jam lead singer and Chicago-area native once again led the Wrigley Field faithful in the Seventh Inning Stretch, his latest rendition coming during Tuesday night's Cubs game against the Mets.

Vedder is one of the Cubs' most famous fans, and he's made his fandom no secret. He's even written a song about the Cubs one day winning the World Series, and when Pearl Jam played at Wrigley Field, Vedder sang the song on stage with Ernie Banks.

Vedder honored Banks, who passed away earlier this year, by wearing a No. 14 pin during his Tuesday-night serenade.

Check out Vedder's latest version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in the video above.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Love when Ed does this and wish I was in town for the show. As a met fan it was the highlight of the game. Ron Darling showed some love on the Mets broadcast which was cool.

That being said. There is infinite Meme potential with the screenshots from this. Just search the Eddie Vedder hashtag on Instagram and have at it.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    KDH12 said:

This is a really cool picture!
    demetrios said:

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/watch-eddie-vedder-leads-wrigley-field-seventh-inning-stretch

It might not be one of Pearl Jam's classic songs, but Eddie Vedder has got "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" down pat.

The Pearl Jam lead singer and Chicago-area native once again led the Wrigley Field faithful in the Seventh Inning Stretch, his latest rendition coming during Tuesday night's Cubs game against the Mets.

Vedder is one of the Cubs' most famous fans, and he's made his fandom no secret. He's even written a song about the Cubs one day winning the World Series, and when Pearl Jam played at Wrigley Field, Vedder sang the song on stage with Ernie Banks.

Vedder honored Banks, who passed away earlier this year, by wearing a No. 14 pin during his Tuesday-night serenade.

Check out Vedder's latest version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in the video above.

They spelled Faithfull wrong :lol:
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Not only EV singing tonight but also a big Cubs win
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Wow Ed wore a suit to a ballgame? This is his most sober version yet, thanks for posting!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Eddie was at the Simon Townshend show last night and will be at the Who show tonight.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Eddie was at the Simon Townshend show last night and will be at the Who show tonight.

I just saw that on twitter. I live a few blocks from Martyr's! Wish I would have known....
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Ed singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame is always enjoyable to watch, he always seems like he's having the best time ever! And way cool picture on the Cubs' Instagram, thanks for posting KDH12.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2