Options

Pearl Jam Las Vegas 11/30/1993 Vault show #5 Vinyl & CD shipped!

Comments

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    demetrios said:

With the Canadian dollar falling & falling .. if you haven't already placed an order, I would totally do so now!

Yeah I ordered mine right before the Bank of Canada announced another rate drop.

Don't want to talk economics on here, but the US will likely increase their rate here shortly, the Canadian dollar will continue to tumble after that.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    scurtis said:

demetrios said:

With the Canadian dollar falling & falling .. if you haven't already placed an order, I would totally do so now!

Yeah I ordered mine right before the Bank of Canada announced another rate drop.

Don't want to talk economics on here, but the US will likely increase their rate here shortly, the Canadian dollar will continue to tumble after that.
    I'm very glad there is no USA / Canadian Pearl Jam tour this year because of the weak CDN dollar. It hasn't been this low since '04. This totally blows!!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    $106 in cdn for one vinyl...damnit gonna bite the bullet soon i guess before she gets worst.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    I ordered mine along with the two Mad Season vinyl's to spread out the shipping costs a bit. I also ordered it the day before the rate announcement. The sad part is I remember the day the cdn dollar had a pop to 84 cents and I was waiting for it to go higher.. lol.. Then I watched it keep going down. Glad I pulled the trigger last week.

Still not as bad as my worst memories. We went to the US in 2000 to catch Portland/Boise/Seattle shows. It was 1.60 for a US dollar, I think it was right at the lowpoint. It made it pretty expensive. I think the tickets were more expensive on that tour (for me) than any of the recent tours due to the FX rate. I hope we don't get back down to those levels.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    demetrios said:

scurtis said:

demetrios said:

I'm very glad there is no USA / Canadian Pearl Jam tour this year because of the weak CDN dollar. It hasn't been this low since '04. This totally blows!!
    Yes, it really does blow. It blows hard.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Pre orders end on September 9th.
  • Options
    Less then 20 day's to place an order ...
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I shouldn't have waited too long to place mine, the whole world economy is going down (thank you China) so at the end of the next month, when my credit card statement arrives, the USD will be way up, more than it currently is, and btw, shipping to Buenos Aires is still 38 bucks, plus, I have to pay a 35% CC fee of those 88 for buying something online abroad due to country regulations, my country is almost bankrupt, then I have to pay import taxes and shipping and hanlding fees once it gets in my country, so if I don't bitch, anyone should...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158

I shouldn't have waited too long to place mine, the whole world economy is going down (thank you China) so at the end of the next month, when my credit card statement arrives, the USD will be way up, more than it currently is, and btw, shipping to Buenos Aires is still 38 bucks, plus, I have to pay a 35% CC fee of those 88 for buying something online abroad due to country regulations, my country is almost bankrupt, then I have to pay import taxes and shipping and hanlding fees once it gets in my country, so if I don't bitch, anyone should...

That definitely blows. That's definitely worse than we have it in Canada (most things under $100 bucks seem to sneek through customs as long as they are send to Canada Post and not by courier). I don't think I've been charged any additional tax on any of the merch 10c has mailed me. At least I only have to worry about the poor exchange rate right now.

It is too bad that a lot of this stuff doesn't go to retail. It seems a lot cheaper and efficient to be able to buy stuff domestically (whether from local amazon or your local stores).
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Zod said:

That definitely blows. That's definitely worse than we have it in Canada (most things under $100 bucks seem to sneek through customs as long as they are send to Canada Post and not by courier). I don't think I've been charged any additional tax on any of the merch 10c has mailed me. At least I only have to worry about the poor exchange rate right now.

It is too bad that a lot of this stuff doesn't go to retail. It seems a lot cheaper and efficient to be able to buy stuff domestically (whether from local amazon or your local stores).
    Kneel to Zod!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    well I just purchased it... thanks for the reminder.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Order placed also.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Zod said:

So, I received my vault 4 by the end of february, here's a pic with comments about the currency rates at the time, so I must have payed around 130 USD total, I guess, since the currency rate in september was different from the one in february...

• Options
    I just wanted to comment on the forthcoming vault #4 release since, even though I saw the setlist before, it just dawned on my that whipping, one of my all time favs from my fav album, is played in that show, which was a year before vitalogy was released, any other vitalogy song which was played before? (hint; slim cafe)

• Options
    Better man and Satan's Bed were played in Atlanta 1994. The same show that was broadcast on the radio. Whipping might have been played too.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Orpheum 1994: "Immortality" (with early alternate lyrics), "Not for You," "Better Man" and "Tremor Christ" -- all of these were played a bit before Vitalogy's release, I think.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I love the version of immortality u speak of Dan. It's great
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Pretty much all of Vitalogy has been played way before its release..
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    7 day's left to place that pre order.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Finally placed an order. Sept 9th seemed light years away when 10C first posted the sale. Six days to go.
  • Options
    3 day's left to place an order.
  • Options
    The fay after tomorrow, but at what time? IMO, they might extend it a couple of dais

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Vault's 3 and 4 were a better deal. This is only a 2LP set. Im still buying it to be a completist but i do think it should be $40 and not $50.
  • Options

Vault's 3 and 4 were a better deal. This is only a 2LP set. Im still buying it to be a completist but i do think it should be $40 and not $50.

Agreed. Kind of a rip.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. Kind of a rip.
    Yeah, I was thinking of picking another up for an xmas present, but might wait until the next Vault
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892

The fay after tomorrow, but at what time? IMO, they might extend it a couple of dais

Because 4 months just wasn't enough time. It would be great if they did this pre-order for 4 years, so that way we would really be happy when it finally arrived.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I'm out. The value isn't there for me this time around. I'm surprised I'm feeling this way since I have everything they've released besides Benaroya but over $60 after shipping is too much for this and I have to draw the line somewhere. Anyone else sitting this one out?
  • Options
    october22 said:

I'm out. The value isn't there for me this time around. I'm surprised I'm feeling this way since I have everything they've released besides Benaroya but over $60 after shipping is too much for this and I have to draw the line somewhere. Anyone else sitting this one out?

Yeah, I'm the same - it's expensive, and the tracklist isn't really blowing me away. Might change my mind later today though!
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    october22 said:

I would say the same, but I've already decided that I'm going to be a Vault vinyl series completist, so there really isn't anything I can do. :blush:
  • Options
    I thought it was a pretty decent setlist for a Vs. era show. def would've preferred a 1995/1996

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore