Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Mixed in with all the other LPs.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

Mixed in with all the other LPs.

What he said. It depends on mood and situation. The Benny is in a more busy rotation right now though...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    2 of my 8 Ikea Kallax cubes are strictly dedicated to Pearl Jam vinyl.
  • Options
    Now all my man products? Lined up by color and in alphabetical order. Cos' not everything is all about Pearl Jam in my universe of orderliness.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    My Pearl Jam vinyl records are situated in between my one offspring album and my pink floyd albums.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    My PJ vinyl has its own shelf, even though I don't have too many!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    We got one box of the Expedit covered. No more space in there lol I think it is also the most LPs we have of one artist/ band. Bob Dylan might come close though.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    It's in alphabetical order b/c I'm a nerd. Haha!!

That being said, I'm running out of room on my expedit & need to do some rearranging. 7 of 8 boxes are full of vinyl. It's insane how much it's grown over the last 10 years!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    We got it alphabetized as well :lol: We still got some room. I am looking forward to garage sales in the rich neighbourhoods in the summer. We got some great stuff there in the last two years.
  • Options
    righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    mfc2006 said:

It's in alphabetical order b/c I'm a nerd. Haha!!

That being said, I'm running out of room on my expedit & need to do some rearranging. 7 of 8 boxes are full of vinyl. It's insane how much it's grown over the last 10 years!

I assumed everyone had their vinyl sorted alphabetically, how would you find anything otherwise?
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    Mine are alphabetical. But I'll tell you what pisses me off, those loose flappy plastic sleeves on Bob Dylan, Wilco, etc.

Does anyone have any sleeve recommendations?
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited May 2015
    I have mine organized by mood, genre, period of time. STP AIC Mad Season SG MLB TOTD PJ all sit together, Pink Floyd Zeppelin Cream Segues into 80's Clapton....kind of hard for others, but I know what's up.
    178 in the collection, nothing grand.
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    Alphabetical. But I have way more PJ than other bands so they have an entire Shelf of their own.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,164
    I have an ikea cube shelf that has 16 cubes in it. So far I only have enough vinyl for the top 8 cubes. Pearl Jam occupies the top left two cubes. Due to me height those are the easiest for me to access :)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    edited May 2015
    Zod said:

I have an ikea cube shelf that has 16 cubes in it. So far I only have enough vinyl for the top 8 cubes. Pearl Jam occupies the top left two cubes. Due to me height those are the easiest for me to access :)

I hope you have something heavy in the bottom shelves for stability! (Lower centre of mass etc.)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

2 of my 8 Ikea Kallax cubes are strictly dedicated to Pearl Jam vinyl.

Organized as such:
    One cube has the two Super Deluxe Box sets, followed by full LPs in order of the albums' original release dates, followed by side project LPs which are grouped by band then release date. The other cube has all the Xmas singles in order of release date, but the 10-inch's are separate from the 7-inch's. Also have my Vaults & LO10L box in the 2nd cube.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    I keep more valuable records, if they're tough to replace, on my top shelf in case of floods. So I have my No Code, Yield, Riot Act etc... up there, but reissues mixed in with the rest
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,164
    bazzer said:

Zod said:

I hope you have something heavy in the bottom shelves for stability! (Lower centre of mass etc.)
    not really... but it's not that high.. its 8 cubes wide and 4 high. I squished some cardboard under the front to give it a slight tilt back into the wall. It's pretty stable.

I need to buy more records to fill it up.... Previously I was in an apartment and had my records in boxes designed to store records. I have a few hundred records but the shelving unit makes my collection look small.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Two middle shelves for PJ 12", 7" are kept together in a drawer. All others are in alphabetical order.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Two middle shelves for PJ 12", 7" are kept together in a drawer. All others are in alphabetical order.

Dude, I LOVE this. When we buy a bigger home next year I'm investing in some decent shelves like these.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 393
    MedozK said:

Oh shit! That drawer with the 7" was a damn good idea man! Your whole vinyl display looks really good. And that PJ collection is a healthy one ;) I have a very similar way of storage, except for that I store all 7" in boxes of about 50 each, and all PJ out of sight, behind doors in my IKEA settup, so my friends don't fiddle too much with them when they are here and are too drunk.....
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 393
    AND so I don't accidentally spill beer on them when I do my drunken vinyl eve's alone with the gf...
  • Options

AND so I don't accidentally spill beer on them when I do my drunken vinyl eve's alone with the gf...

:lol:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Right now it starts with Pearl Jam and PJ related, then Jack White stuff, the classics, newer stuff.... It worked for a while, but I have run out of room, so with my impending purchase of a new shelving unit, I will re-organize alphabetically.

I'm reminded of that scene in Hi Fidelity when he re-organizes his collection chronologically according to date of purchase. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited May 2015
    Top shelf of my expidit all together. Boxsets/Vaults first, then the rest in order of release date, and then all the PJ related side projects in order of band member and then release date. My PJ collection is by far my biggest from one band, although there a few others that are looking pretty solid too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    All my music, doesn't matter the format, are alphabetical. Pearl Jam comes before "A" though
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Dr Emmett BrownDr Emmett Brown Posts: 594
    edited May 2015
    Mine are in a Besta unit from Ikea that I've bolted some hairpin legs onto.

Goes Foo Fighters, Nirvana, side projects, Pearl Jam on the left hand side, in release order (other than Vault #3 and #4 which are at the end as they're deeper than anything else. All other bands 12" are on the right hand side, followed by 10" and then any 7" box sets.

7" singles are in the dedicated box underneath (sandwiched in between my router and my NAS...) The Super Deluxe boxsets are too tall, so they're stood on the left hand side, which you can just about see

Oh, and I rotate them round with three that are in the DisPLAY cases on the wall

Post edited by Dr Emmett Brown on
  • Options
    Love the display cases... very sharp!
  • Options
    rchallenrchallen Posts: 58
    Well, I keep all my records in alphabetical order, so the Pearl Jam's on the same shelf with the Petty, Pink Floyd, and Porcupine Tree.
    I'll be honest... Unless you got it on the ground floor, PJ vinyl is pricey. And not always the best sound quality, depending on pressing. I'm probably alone in this, but I have more Prince vinyl than Pearl Jam right now... Because:
    If you're patient, all the 80s records can be obtained in NM for very good prices.
    And because ALL those records smoke the CD versions for SQ.
    And because I love old Prince.

However, I'd say 80% of my 7" collection is PJ. Those all sit on the floor next to one of the Expedits!
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2015
    Hobbes said:

Right now it starts with Pearl Jam and PJ related, then Jack White stuff, the classics, newer stuff.... It worked for a while, but I have run out of room, so with my impending purchase of a new shelving unit, I will re-organize alphabetically.

I'm reminded of that scene in Hi Fidelity when he re-organizes his collection chronologically according to date of purchase. :lol:

I believe he said it was organized autobiographically. I would love undertake that challenge.

I have a couple of those Ikea shelf organizers, neither are full but probably 7 total cubes of vinyl. I have five seperate categories. My great grandmother left me her record collection so that is one. I have more recent/current releases in one (PJ being part of that). I have high rotation classic stuff in another and another is low rotation classic stuff. Then there are the 45's. Each category is organized alphabetically by artist and by release date within that artist.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *