Post your stereo system!

1101112131416»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 37,930
    edited December 1
    bflynn1 said:
    Turntable Lab has the Denon DP-300F w/ Ortofon 2m Red Cartridge Upgrade for $269. Thinking about upgrading from my Audio Technica LP120. Any feedback on this table/cartridge combo?
    Totally awesome package. I have it and couldn't be happier. Great deal too, wow. I got mine for $410 and thought that was a really good deal. But if you're looking for a bigger sound upgrade, perhaps get that TT (which is awesome because it is a quality automatic, which is next to impossible to find - I personally think that feature alone is worth the purchase), and get the blue Ortofon cartridge instead of the red. Obviously that will cost more, but yeah, that will improve your sound.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 21,351
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Once I get around to running over my Pro-reJect Carbon Debut a few time with my car I'll post pics.  
    Why would you do that?  What happened to it?
    It says "re-ject" so I can only assume it's a defective one?

@brianlux ?
    I was a big ProJect fan at first but then problems started to develop.  I suppose their higher end stuff might be better, but I'm not sure.  I feel badly because I had previously given the Debut Carbon good ratings here and elsewhere.  I can't do that any more.  When I get the time and money to upgrade, I'll review whatever comes next! 
    It's such a simple machine, I'm surprised you've had problems.  I've had mine for a few years now and have been really happy.  Maybe a Rega next?  They are in about the same price and quality category.
    Could be luck of the draw.  I've known of others who haven been happy with the ProJect and others, no.  Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about the Rega Planar 3 with an Ely2 cartridge... if I can swing it.  Maybe next year.
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    M.I.T.S.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 2,653
    I upgraded my VPI HW-19 from a Grado Blue to a Grado Silver and it sounds excellent (Runs through a Marantz 2200 receiver to a pair of bookshelf Polks).

Its like having a new table. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 10,186
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    Once I get around to running over my Pro-reJect Carbon Debut a few time with my car I'll post pics.  

@brianlux ?
    I was a big ProJect fan at first but then problems started to develop.  I suppose their higher end stuff might be better, but I'm not sure.  I feel badly because I had previously given the Debut Carbon good ratings here and elsewhere.  I can't do that any more.  When I get the time and money to upgrade, I'll review whatever comes next! 
    It's such a simple machine, I'm surprised you've had problems.  I've had mine for a few years now and have been really happy.  Maybe a Rega next?  They are in about the same price and quality category.
    Could be luck of the draw.  I've known of others who haven been happy with the ProJect and others, no.  Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about the Rega Planar 3 with an Ely2 cartridge... if I can swing it.  Maybe next year.
    I've been running a Project debut carbon for a few years now and no problems here Brian!?!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 21,351
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

@brianlux ?
    I've been running a Project debut carbon for a few years now and no problems here Brian!?!
    They seem to run hot and cold.  I can't afford another chance with Project and overall the Rega's have a better reputation.  I'm squirreling away my "allowance"!
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    M.I.T.S.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 7,813
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

@brianlux ?
    They seem to run hot and cold.  I can't afford another chance with Project and overall the Rega's have a better reputation.  I'm squirreling away my "allowance"!
    Yeah I don't blame you going another direction.  I was torn between Pro and a Rega.  If my burned out, I'd be going to a Rega too.  I'm sure they both sound awesome.