Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Comments

• Options
    Wow
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

wow.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,287
    Why compare backspacer?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015
    igotid88 said:

Why compare backspacer?

Just picked an album at random.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    That is brutal.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

igotid88 said:

Why compare backspacer?

This implies you think all of PJ's albums are bad
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Glad PJ stayed away from drugs (at least stopped when they did). I hate to say but Scott is going to kill himself and no one will be surprised.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    So sad to see him circling the drain, again.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    Back in the mid-late 1990's and early 2000's I had seen STP at least 6-7 times and they had always put on a really great show. So sad to see Scott so strung out.. I hope he can escape this mess. It's weird ... the day I heard they had finally found Layne was the morning after an STP show in Atlantic City.
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited May 2015

igotid88 said:

Why compare backspacer?

I don't think I believe that, lol. ;)
    I don't even like Backspacer, but it's still a hell of a lot better than what you're comparing it to (obviously). Nice roundabout dig at the album though?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    best irrelevant thread title of the decade!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2015

I could've compared it to NAIS but the results would be too close.

To be fair though I think that video is better than any version of NAIS.
    And thank you for posting your one hundred twenty six thousand five hundred and thirty eighth post here. :smiley:
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    I hope Scott gets help before it's too late.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I'm listening to Backspacer right now, so I guess Backspacer?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149

And thank you for posting your one hundred twenty six thousand five hundred and thirty eighth post here. :smiley:
    i have no answer to the most irrelevant post of all times!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,619
    Ouch that was painful... and obviously Da Nile is not just a river in Egypt. Get help Scott.
    Saw STP open for RHCP some yrs back and they were tight. This is just sad.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Yikes. That was terrible. I d pick this version of vaseline over sweet lew Any day.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Damn. I couldn't even listen, I just looked at his eyes that seemed so far-gone, and his weaving. Really sad, actually. I hope he gets the help he obviously needs.

I happened to listen to Atlanta the other evening and was struck by how beautiful his voice sounded - in command of it and himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiFB3pN_dgU
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    i thought he past away.... ?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    RVM1978RVM1978 Leesburg, FL Posts: 320

I'm listening to Backspacer right now, so I guess Backspacer?

Great album. I hope Scott Weiland can get some help with whatever that was.

08/12/2000 - Tampa, FL; 04/09/2003 - Birmingham, AL; 04/11/2003 - West Palm Beach, FL
    04/13/2003 - Tampa, FL; 10/08/2004 - Kissimmee, FL; 05/16 & 17/2006 - Chicago, IL;
    05/19/2006 - Grand Rapids, MI; 05/22/2006 - Auburn Hills, MI; 08/05/2007 - Chicago, IL;
    05/03/2010 - Kansas City, MO; 07/19/2013 - Chicago, IL; 04/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL;
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited May 2015
    Their second album is way up there for me. Tough to see him or anyone fall so far. Hope he gets it worked out.
  • Options
    Painful. Sad to see someone with talent throw it away. Hope he can get help. Appears to have been struggling for a long while.
    LOVE Purple and Tiny music.. but honestly, with the exception of "I got you" and "Atlanta" I havent been too excited about any of his projects...first solo album was decent, as well.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,673
    Sadly, there's nothing new here, really. Yes, it's sad to see. Even more sad is how this kind of thing get's spread all over the internet or made into a bad joke. It's kind of like the way people go to drag races hoping to see the next deadly crash. No thanks. I'll pass.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 141
    I'll honestly never get all the backspacer hate. I absolutely love that album.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    brianlux said:

Sadly, there's nothing new here, really. Yes, it's sad to see. Even more sad is how this kind of thing get's spread all over the internet or made into a bad joke. It's kind of like the way people go to drag races hoping to see the next deadly crash. No thanks. I'll pass.

Well he did that to himself. If he hadn't posted those crazy videos online I don't think anyone would have really noticed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 634
    1. Wow, sad...
    2. Is that Tyrion Lannister playing drums in his band?
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    I saw STP live, and while I think they might've lacked some energy in their show, they nailed it musically. This was on their last tour, that weaving back and forth is Scott's "Go To" move!
    I watch this performance and it really looks like he's trying to hear himself in the mix. It not like he's ripping down the light guy's curtains asking for his monitors turned up/s
    To think of all the PJ shows that are recorded and shared, it's amazing that Ed's biggest problem are remembering the lyrics to all his songs! He never seems to have an "off" night otherwise.
    I really hope for Scott's sake this is a one off show. He's no Ed Vedder, but that's a pretty high target to hit.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Maybe he's still mourning his guitar player who died suddenly earlier this year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    igotid88 said:

Maybe he's still mourning his guitar player who died suddenly earlier this year

Three days before the album release...
    From what I heard they were friends before band mates. To be contractually obligated to perform a tour and support an album after such a loss, I can't even imagine.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774

First, NAIS is brilliant. Never saw STP but heard Scott was awesome frontman. Sorry he's struggling again.