Options

The Care - EV Compilation Record

Anyone besides me own a copy of this vinyl? Ed's first time on wax - an Encinitas deal, circa 1990, 4th Wave Records.

I never hear of anyone talking about owning a copy of this vinyl. Definitely nothing special, but it's a piece of history, since Bad Radio never received a record contract, sans a song on a 91X demo. Anyway, here it is:

http://youtu.be/4qKLw4WbhS8

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    I own a copy too. :)

Remember someone was selling these back during the MySpace day's. Included in the vinyl was a photocopy newspaper article.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm not familiar with this. What is the track list?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    brianwilsonbrianwilson Posts: 406
    My copy is brand new (local record store owner bought the last 8-10 copies from the producer(s), I believe).

Tracks? Think you can see them on the vid. I don't have the record in the front of me. Ed is on We Shall Overcome only.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

My copy is brand new (local record store owner bought the last 8-10 copies from the producer(s), I believe).

Tracks? Think you can see them on the vid. I don't have the record in the front of me. Ed is on We Shall Overcome only.

Thanks...I'll take a look a little later
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807

I'm not familiar with this. What is the track list?

http://www.discogs.com/Musicians-Who-Care-The-Care/release/4151274

Tracklist
    1 –Newmatic Slam World Goes Crazy
    2 –Club of Rome The Children With Mushrooms In Their Eyes
    3 –Baba Yaga Tomorrow's Child
    4 –Coverts, The The Shrooms
    5 –Karl Anthony Our World
    6 –Blisterchicken Who Is The Man?
    7 –Kachabeat Jah Beat The Devil
    8 –Bad Dog World Of Fire
    9 –Bordertown Someday
    10 –Care, The, Eddie Vedder We Shall Overcome 90

Notes
    The Care, a crazed bunch of knee-jerk progressive musicians belonging to the Musicians Who Care, are, in alphabetical order: Mark Allyn, P.J. Grimes, Matt Mincey, Steve Saint, Karen Scheiber, Ed Tennyson, Melanie Tennyson, Bob Tupper, Eddie Vedder, Peggy Watson and Kris Witty.

Side A: Peace Side
    Side B: Love Side

Side A Runout Groove Etch:
    The Care "All We Are Saying is Give Peace A Chance" "Save The Planet"

Side B Runout Grove Etch:
    The Care "All You Need Is Love"
    "Think Globally, Act Locally"

Way back in 1990, a group of peace-loving, tree-hugging musicians in San Diego put out a compilation record called "The Care." Out of hundreds of submissions, 9 bands were picked to appear on the album.

One member of "Musicians Who Care" - Eddie Vedder - was offered a spot on the record with his band, Bad Radio. The production team loved a Bad Radio song called "Believe You Me." The hitch was that each of the bands had to chip in $150 to help pay for the album costs (this was on vinyl). Eddie wanted to be on the record but couldn't convince his bandmates to invest the money.

So we found another band to take their place. But we did offer Eddie another chance to be on the record. The last track on the album was a We-Are-The-World-style rendition of "We Shall Overcome." He sang in the chorus and was also asked to sing one of the three leads.

Alas, he ended up bailing on the solo, but he did sing as part of "The Care." It was Eddie's first vinyl - in what came to be an amazing career.

I've got a few "The Care" albums in my garage. I'm tempted to just throw them away - unless some diehard Eddie Vedder fans out there want them. Let me know if anybody's interested. Could be the gift for someone who already has everything else Pearl Jam.

Steven Saint

Musicians Who Care