Options

Welcome to the Macabre

Comments

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I've heard being gutshot is the worst pain possible, pregnancy and kidney stones rounding out the top three pains. Cancer has to be in there somewhere though.
    I scream when I stub my toe.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Malroth said:

I've heard being gutshot is the worst pain possible, pregnancy and kidney stones rounding out the top three pains. Cancer has to be in there somewhere though.
    (I scream when I stub my toe).

lol me too i just want to hit something
    when that happens then hold my
    poor toe
  • Options
    chadwick said:

in my dreams i track down & kill bad guys for entertainment. this is enough to get me through

I'm usually the one dying in my dreams.....I may have seen you in one. :smirk:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hobbes said:

Hedo, get bent! :smiley:

Oh, I am, Tiger!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Ah, so getting bent is getting high?

I'm on board with that and will take it over any pills for pain.

(Indica and I have had a love affair for a stretch of time now)

Every once in a while I will experience a feeling I can only call a natural high.
    I have never smoked pot, but I've been on the rum for a time.
  • Options
    Smoking pot's a natural high too, Mal...though I respect where yours comes from.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Smoking pot's a natural high too, Mal...though I respect where yours comes from.

:wink:
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Malroth said:

hedonist said:

Ah, so getting bent is getting high?

I'm on board with that and will take it over any pills for pain.

(Indica and I have had a love affair for a stretch of time now)

Every once in a while I will experience a feeling I can only call a natural high.
    I have never smoked pot, but I've been on the rum for a time.
    sometimes those are the best
    had lots of those but bc im sick
    i quickly forget or it gets ruined
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    I have attempted to relieve pain with weed a bunch of times, but unfortunately, I find that it actually intensifies pain for me. Being stoned makes me focus in on the pain while being less capable of withstanding it mentally. Sucks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I have attempted to relieve pain with weed a bunch of times, but unfortunately, I find that it actually intensifies pain for me. Being stoned makes me focus in on the pain while being less capable of withstanding it mentally. Sucks.

I'm guessing Indica strains don't help? Much as I've been tempted over the last few years, I've mostly refrained from taking any of the many prescribed meds we have - Vicodin, Percocet and the like.

Weed and Tylenol are my (most-of-the-time) friends :)
  • Options
    I watch so much forensic files that every time I get a stomach ache, I wonder if my wife is putting anti-freeze in my drinks.
    There is one episode of forensic files that is the single most creepiest and disgusting half an hour of tv I have ever seen. I rarely go one day without thinking of that episode and that there are people like that in this world.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm guessing Indica strains don't help? Much as I've been tempted over the last few years, I've mostly refrained from taking any of the many prescribed meds we have - Vicodin, Percocet and the like.

I don't find that different strains make a difference. I know that both Indica and Sativa strains have done nothing for physical pain for me. However, I think it's just a stoned mental quirk on my part. Obviously some people do feel that it reduces pain! At any rate, I have never had chronic pain, so maybe that's the difference. I'm talking temporary pain, like injuries, only.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't find that different strains make a difference. I know that both Indica and Sativa strains have done nothing for physical pain for me. However, I think it's just a stoned mental quirk on my part. Obviously some people do feel that it reduces pain! At any rate, I have never had chronic pain, so maybe that's the difference. I'm talking temporary pain, like injuries, only.
    Ah, OK. Yeah, definitely is more effective (at least for me) with on-going pain when my back won't stop yelling at me.

Mal, I've never seen that show, but try watching My Strange Addiction sometime.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Malroth said:

I watch so much forensic files that every time I get a stomach ache, I wonder if my wife is putting anti-freeze in my drinks.
    There is one episode of forensic files that is the single most creepiest and disgusting half an hour of tv I have ever seen. I rarely go one day without thinking of that episode and that there are people like that in this world.

forensic files is a favorite of mine. i am quite the detective/forensic detective i gotta say. a lot of this is common sense, gut instincts, having a feeling for people & whatnot. in my next life i wanna be working with forensics in my detective works. great stuff. just absolute perfection through miracles as if angels present evidence to forensics teams... some of those episodes are what extraordinary developments are made from.

a detective searching for human remains that went thru a wood chipper & sprayed into a river slips on the river bank & catches himself with his hands bringing up handfuls of muddy/soft soil, rinsing them off in his collection bucket. he grabbed a fucking tooth when he slipped & it is now in his bucket... get the fuck out of here
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    My initial (alright, my only) college major was forensic psychology - fascinating shit but I knew I didn't have the fortitude to do it for a living. Too much fuckedupness to shake off at the end of the day.
  • Options
    for sure lots of fuckedupness to shake off at the end of the day

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Malroth said:

For me, The First 48 can draw me in.

And on A&E... they start the next episode before the credits play out from the one you've just watched. Sometimes I just can't help myself.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Malroth said:

For me, The First 48 can draw me in.

And on A&E... they start the next episode before the credits play out from the one you've just watched. Sometimes I just can't help myself.
    I've never seen that one, maybe i'll check it out. HLN shows forensic files about 20 hrs a day, thats why I get stuck on that a lot.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ah, OK. Yeah, definitely is more effective (at least for me) with on-going pain when my back won't stop yelling at me.

Mal, I've never seen that show, but try watching My Strange Addiction sometime.
    I think I've seen that a couple of times. Maybe it was that show had a girl that hadn't swallowed food in a year or so. She would chew it up then spit it out. She carried a spit bucket around with her if she was going someplace to eat.
    Are these people going to end up like this no matter what happened in their life? Or do we as people cause these people to end up in such complete states of fuckedupedness.
  • Options
    Ugh, I saw that one (or maybe it was Intervention?) - but wonder the same thing. All are offered assistance but some just can't/won't let go of it. Damned if I know what causes it.

At least the chick who was into the whole being-a-horse thing was entertaining =)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    hedonist,

my strange addiction has some pretty wild folks on it. i've seen as follows: the gal who drinks gasoline every single day, the gal who eats or snorts (i can't recall which it is that she does) baby powder, the gal who eats mattresses & she consumed several mattresses already in her young years. there's a couple who each do coffee enemas multiple times daily therefore can't really leave their house for very long periods of time. there is more but that's good for now

oh wait... there is a young man who befriends/has relationships with swimming pool inflatables. this dude has his shit together
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

hedonist,

my strange addiction has some pretty wild folks on it. i've seen as follows: the gal who drinks gasoline every single day, the gal who eats or snorts (i can't recall which it is that she does) baby powder, the gal who eats mattresses & she consumed several mattresses already in her young years. there's a couple who each do coffee enemas multiple times daily therefore can't really leave their house for very long periods of time. there is more but that's good for now

oh wait... there is a young man who befriends/has relationships with swimming pool inflatables. this dude has his shit together

Yeah, I remember another where a woman ate several spoonfuls of powered laundry detergent every day. Weird stuff! I'm surprised most of those people are still alive.
  • Options
    she probably eats laundry detergent while driving, yes/no? she ate laundry detergent at home watching seinfeld, yes/no? she ate laundry detergent mixed in with chili, yes/no? when she has gas it isn't that bad, yes/no? - like a dryer exhaust blowing

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    I saw a show where a guy was so in love with and wanted to marry his car...strange shows depicting people in love with inanimate objects. Makes me feel very normal lol....
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    chadwick said:

she probably eats laundry detergent while driving, yes/no? she ate laundry detergent at home watching seinfeld, yes/no? she ate laundry detergent mixed in with chili, yes/no? when she has gas it isn't that bad, yes/no? - like a dryer exhaust blowing

I shouldn't laugh at this stuff but fuck it, I am. Just goes beyond my comprehension.

And mattresses!?

Let's not forget about the woman who sucked on used diapers and the other one who drank highlighter fluid.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Let's not forget about the woman who sucked on used diapers

• Options
    yep i remember the dirty diapers episode. was the dirty diaper gal also taking dirty diapers out of the trash cans around here neighborhood? there very well could be two different shows that have dirty diaper weirdos appearing on episodes

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick, she was taking them from her sister/sister-in-law's place who had a baby. I think I blocked out much of it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Let's not forget about the woman who sucked on used diapers

Lol!

* Think of the first time. There was a first time. Like... what the f**k are you thinking you idiot? Of all the things around the house you can pound back... you're thinking diaper contents are what you wanna go for. Geezuz man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I just looked up the definition for macabre.
    disturbing and horrifying because of involvement with or depiction of death and injury:

Judges ruling---We will allow all talk of eating dirty diapers!