Options

Welcome to the Macabre

Comments

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    daughter slammed the door on the cat's tail and ripped half of it off.
    This doesn't call for vet does it? little peroxide fix it!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    deathclock.com- determine your day of death!
    Wednesday, June 6, 2046 Seconds left to live... 981,095,320
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    My god, I hope you're joking! If not....VET.

And I have no desire to know when time runs out on me. It happens, it happens!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Malroth said:

Definitely calls for a vet!!!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

My god, I hope you're joking! If not....VET.

And I have no desire to know when time runs out on me. It happens, it happens!

Malroth said:

Definitely calls for a vet!!!
    thank you, thank you. He'll have to wait for Monday.
  • Options
    Tomorrow? I'm going to assume this really is fucking around in a weird "haha" sense, since you haven't clarified and you can't have such a black heart.
  • Options
    OK, seems like this was to be a joke.

I love twisted and macabre, but please - no more posts like this.

Laughing at a hurt animal (even when the scenario is manufactured) - not funny.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

OK, seems like this was to be a joke.

I love twisted and macabre, but please - no more posts like this.

Laughing at a hurt animal (even when the scenario is manufactured) - not funny.

Its real, and I wasn't laughing. :anguished:
    Getting ready to take him to the vet now. :grin:
    Vet is not open Sundays and didn't seem to be a major enough injury to warrant ER.
  • Options
    My apologies, Malroth - something like that (at least to me!) would warrant a more urgent-sounding reaction.

Again, just me, a portion of the tail lopped off would strike me as ER-worthy!

I hope he's not been in too much pain and will be OK.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    This is by far the craziest thread I've read in a long time. Holyfuck, what did I just read? Some fucked up shit no doubt.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

This is by far the craziest thread I've read in a long time. Holyfuck, what did I just read? Some fucked up shit no doubt.

Well the warning IS in the title. :-D
  • Options
    hedonist said:

My apologies, Malroth - something like that (at least to me!) would warrant a more urgent-sounding reaction.

No problem.
    270 dollars and a five inch shorter tail.
    uuhhhh...can this be my wife's mother's day present?
    She could hardly sleep last night worrying about the cat.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Make the part of the tail lost into a key chain and call if a day.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Poor kitty!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    What did you do with the "extra" piece of tail?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Poor kitty.. The Macabre thing to do, would be to tie a piece of string around it, and turn it into a kitty toy..
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I was thinking kitty collar. That way the cat is still whole.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I was thinking kitty collar. That way the cat is still whole.

Except it would be too stiff to round out.. Wait that's not what she said.. Lol
  • Options

What did you do with the "extra" piece of tail?

Wife has it wrapped up in a towel somewhere.
    Incredible ideas for a cat tail :prayer:
  • Options
    C'mon now.. If you made a toy out of it.. You could have a kitty that chases it's own tail! :wink:
  • Options
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited May 2015
    Malroth said:

How much do you fear death?
    I never thought I was scared of death, but I am 41 and still alive.

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of the process of dying.... looks pretty awful unless you get lucky and drop dead or die from a "short illness". Most people rot away slowly and painfully one way or another, and that scares the hell out of me, and the only reason I am horrified about aging... and also why I am so happy about doctor assisted suicide not being illegal in Canada anymore. But death itself, and being dead? I figure the very worst it could be is nothing (me being an atheist, Hell is not a threat). Chances are greatest that it will just be total oblivion, which would be silly to be afraid of. But the possibilities of death only get better and more exciting from there in my mind. I am actually really looking forward to finding out what it's like to actually go through the moment of dying and be dead (or finding out nothing, because there is nothing). The curiosity/anticipation is killing me. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hedonist said:

A cat losing a tail really isn't THAT serious an injury. My cousin's spouse's had a cat who actually chewed its own tail off and seemed perfectly fine. Was running around playing still. :tired_face: My cousin, on the other hand, was not fine when she came home to her entire apartment smeared in blood. She already hated that cat. This incident certainly did not help!! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of the process of dying.... looks pretty awful unless you get lucky and drop dead or die from a "short illness". Most people rot away slowly and painfully one way or another, and that scares the hell out of me, and the only reason I am horrified about aging... and also why I am so happy about doctor assisted suicide not being illegal in Canada anymore. But death itself, and being dead? I figure the very worst it could be is nothing (me being an atheist, Hell is not a threat). Chances are greatest that it will just be total oblivion, which would be silly to be afraid of. But the possibilities of death only get better and more exciting from there in my mind. I am actually really looking forward to finding out what it's like to actually go through the moment of dying and be dead (or finding out nothing, because there is nothing). The curiosity/anticipation is killing me. :lol:
    It's the idea of oblivion or nothingness that terrifies me! The thought of simply ceasing to exist. I know that sounds stupid as clearly I will have no consciousness at that point but I just can't get a hold of the concept and it freaks me out. So yes, I am very very scared of death!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

It's the idea of oblivion or nothingness that terrifies me! The thought of simply ceasing to exist. I know that sounds stupid as clearly I will have no consciousness at that point but I just can't get a hold of the concept and it freaks me out. So yes, I am very very scared of death!
    I think there is a lot of people who have your same thoughts jennycole.
    Nothing after death is a very hard concept to grasp.
    Forever is even harder to wrap your head around.
    Time never ends but we will one day.
    A lot of people think of Forever as a "time period",
    this is so wrong - it is forever.

I had a science teacher that once scooped up a handful of sand and said "imagine that each piece of sand represents 1yr. Now imagine how many years are on a beach, on another beach and all the beaches in the world combined. How many years is that? Billions. That is still not forever."

Does anyone else ever talk/bring up forever to people?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of the process of dying.... looks pretty awful unless you get lucky and drop dead or die from a "short illness". Most people rot away slowly and painfully one way or another, and that scares the hell out of me, and the only reason I am horrified about aging... and also why I am so happy about doctor assisted suicide not being illegal in
    Canada anymore. But death itself, and being dead? I figure the very worst it could be is nothing (me being an atheist, Hell is not a threat). Chances are greatest that it will just be total oblivion, which would be silly to be afraid of. But the possibilities of death only get better and more exciting from there in my mind. I am actually really looking forward to finding out what it's like to actually go through the moment of dying and be dead (or finding out nothing, because there is nothing). The curiosity/anticipation is killing me. :lol:
    I agree with this. What I also fear / dread is leaving behind those I love, especially my husband, and especially (oddly?) if it were quick, as it wouldn't give him a chance to prepare...which I know would be difficult in itself.

Argh. It's a tough subject to articulate my thoughts on this at the moment.

(and how can losing part of a tail not hurt? I hope you're right!)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of the process of dying.... looks pretty awful unless you get lucky and drop dead or die from a "short illness". Most people rot away slowly and painfully one way or another, and that scares the hell out of me, and the only reason I am horrified about aging... and also why I am so happy about doctor assisted suicide not being illegal in
    Canada anymore. But death itself, and being dead? I figure the very worst it could be is nothing (me being an atheist, Hell is not a threat). Chances are greatest that it will just be total oblivion, which would be silly to be afraid of. But the possibilities of death only get better and more exciting from there in my mind. I am actually really looking forward to finding out what it's like to actually go through the moment of dying and be dead (or finding out nothing, because there is nothing). The curiosity/anticipation is killing me. :lol:
    I agree with this. What I also fear / dread is leaving behind those I love, especially my husband, and especially (oddly?) if it were quick, as it wouldn't give him a chance to prepare...which I know would be difficult in itself.

My little bit of research indicates losing part of a cat's tail hurts a lot. Cats are pretty good at covering up pain. The vet did say our cat's tail may have healed by itself, but that is rarely the case.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

My little bit of research indicates losing part of a cat's tail hurts a lot. Cats are pretty good at covering up pain. The vet did say our cat's tail may have healed by itself, but that is rarely the case.
    Aww. Is he doing alright?

After I posted, I was thinking about how I don't want a traditional burial. I'd rather just be cremated, ashes kept, strewn, tossed, whatever...or how Nate from Six Feet Under (one of my all-time favorites, and talk about macabre!) was laid when he died. Natural, and quicker to "feed" the earth.
  • Options
    He's fine, but can't go outside for 2 weeks which will make him miserable.

• Options
    hedonist said:

Malroth said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

Aww. Is he doing alright?

After I posted, I was thinking about how I don't want a traditional burial. I'd rather just be cremated, ashes kept, strewn, tossed, whatever...or how Nate from Six Feet Under (one of my all-time favorites, and talk about macabre!) was laid when he died. Natural, and quicker to "feed" the earth.
    Oh yes, I'm certain it would hurt... but they are still fine in the same way we're fine when we break our arm. Hurt, but still okay.