Joseph Arthur - 'Days of Surrender' new album!

goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
New Joseph Arthur album coming soon!

Album sampler video:

https://youtu.be/t-Lb6qdxbYk

If I Could I'd Get Out:

https://youtu.be/Zd4F2OrfS_s

Track listing:

Pledge of Allegiance
Maybe You
Mystic Sister
Break
Come Back When You’re Poor
Isolate
Hold a Hand
I Don’t Know the Way
Innocent Man
Come Inside
Take You There
If I Could I’d Get Out

Can't wait for this!
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I am excited about this too!!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Really looking forward to this!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Any release date yet?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited April 2015
    Fuck yeah!!! This is VERY exciting for me!!!! :rock_on:

Joseph Arthur sure does crank out the albums, and they're all fantastic. No duds. It's really impressive.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    JA is a record making mo'fo!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I love JA :)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Joseph has been posting potential album covers on Facebook:

"Self portrait. Double exposed in camera. No photoshop. New painting. Old face. Infinite eye. Introducing album art concept for Days Of Surrender. I've taken many of these. Hard to pick. Will post a few over the next few days."

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3 "It's double exposed in the camera so it's chaotic and not really within my control. But that's what's good about it."

Option 4

All 4 combined "Thanks for all of your input and votes. Someone put this together from the four options and I like it. It's also fitting as I played everything on the record. Reflects the music."

(Tim Rogers)
    ^^^^ Good call on using all four. Looks best. I like the second one best though. Not in love with the frown-line one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^^ Good call on using all four. Looks best. I like the second one best though. Not in love with the frown-line one.

I think my vote would be for the 4th one. I like that he's not looking at the camera.

I've been listening to all of JA's records in order again this week; as you said earlier there's not a bad album in there.

With this and RNDM coming soon (and hopefully Fistful of Mercy in there somewhere too) there it's a pretty cool time to be a JA fan :)

(Tim Rogers)
    edited May 2015
    Days of Surrender is available to buy now on Joseph's site:

josepharthur.store-08.com/days-of-surrender/

It only seems to be available as "an innovative art & music combined release" at the moment - credit card USBs with signed art prints for $100 or $350. There's no mention of vinyl or a download.

There is only ONE copy on CD in existence - and you have to buy his van for $14,999 to get it!

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I saw him open for Afghan Whigs....he was much more enjoyable than the "main attraction."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Well this is stupid. This better just be a temporary gimic, and we'll be seeing a normal release soon as well.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    PJ_Soul said:

Well this is stupid. This better just be a temporary gimic, and we'll be seeing a normal release soon as well.

It's like he read your mind. He posted this on Facebook: Thank you for supporting Days Of Surrender campaign. More conventional options are coming! Fear not!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Suziemay said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's like he read your mind. He posted this on Facebook: Thank you for supporting Days Of Surrender campaign. More conventional options are coming! Fear not!

Good to hear!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    PJ_Soul said:

You mean you're not going to buy the van?!?

From memory the van was also part of the pledge campaign for Boogie Christ. He must really want to get rid of that thing!

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

PJ_Soul said:

You mean you're not going to buy the van?!?

From memory the van was also part of the pledge campaign for Boogie Christ. He must really want to get rid of that thing!
    :lol: Yeah, he REALLY wants to dump it! I dunno - $17K or something?? Seems pretty steep to me. :tongue:
    Suziemay said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!!
    A new video, a tribute to the Holy Rolla...

http://youtu.be/nrfRifLqoQw

(Tim Rogers)
    Can't believe this album hasn't been released on CD, vinyl and mp3 yet. Not sure why he'd only currently have it available on cassette. Who the hell wants to buy a cassette?
    edited July 2015
    RP112579 said:

Can't believe this album hasn't been released on CD, vinyl and mp3 yet. Not sure why he'd only currently have it available on cassette. Who the hell wants to buy a cassette?

I think it could just be a money thing. For his last album he needed to do a pledgemusic campaign, and he obviously wasn't very excited about having to do it, but had no choice because he has no funding (inexplicably... I think he needs a new manager or agent or something). So I'm wondering if he actually might NEED to sell the van (and CD) to produce more physical media. I don't, however, understand why there isn't an mp3 release yet. Maybe he's got something unexpected up his sleeve. Or maybe he simply dropped the ball when it comes to getting the order for the LP done and/or the complete album art. It could just be a hold up with production. The record pressing plants have 6 month waits, so perhaps he's imply holding off until those are ready, and this is his idea of building a buzz (if so, he needs so more practice with that, lol). Or maybe this is all about some contract issue with a record label.... although he seems to much prefer releasing his albums independently because he doesn't want to be a slave to a record label.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

RP112579 said:

I think it could just be a money thing. For his last album he needed to do a pledgemusic campaign, and he obviously wasn't very excited about having to do it, but had no choice because he has no funding (inexplicably... I think he needs a new manager or agent or something). So I'm wondering if he actually might NEED to sell the van (and CD) to produce more physical media. I don't, however, understand why there isn't an mp3 release yet. Maybe he's got something unexpected up his sleeve. Or maybe he simply dropped the ball when it comes to getting the order for the LP done and/or the complete album art. It could just be a hold up with production. The record pressing plants have 6 month waits, so perhaps he's imply holding off until those are ready, and this is his idea of building a buzz (if so, he needs so more practice with that, lol). Or maybe this is all about some contract issue with a record label.... although he seems to much prefer releasing his albums independently because he doesn't want to be a slave to a record label.
    Yeah, I'm sure money has a lot to do with it. He has been pretty focused on selling his art lately. I just find it weird that he put out the teaser videos on YouTube almost three months ago, and there has basically been nothing from him except selling the art and releasing the cassette. I thought the mp3 would've been released by now with preorders for the CD and vinyl, just to see what the demand is for the physical copies. At this point, I just wanna hear new music from him and I'm just being really impatient lol
    I hear ya. I am ALWAYS impatient for new stuff from JA. :) Speaking of which.... where in the fuck is the new RNDM album?? :angry:
    PJ_Soul said:

I hear ya. I am ALWAYS impatient for new stuff from JA. :) Speaking of which.... where in the fuck is the new RNDM album?? :angry:

The last 3 or 4 months I've thought that info about it was gonna show up in the 10c newsletter. Nothing. But, I'm sure on August 10th I'll think the same thing, just to be disappointed again.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    i got an email from Joesph Arthur saying that he was not going to make CD's anymore. Who knows why.
    edited July 2015
    May 30th said:

i got an email from Joesph Arthur saying that he was not going to make CD's anymore. Who knows why.

Seriously?
    Maybe no one is buying them, compared to other formats?
    Joseph Arthur emails you??
    edited July 2015
    May 30th said:

What?
    That's kind of crazy! He's so imaginative. He's made so many!

Yikes. It sounds like he's a bit burnt out with trying to earn a living from his music. :(

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:

May 30th said:

What?
    That's kind of crazy! He's so imaginative. He's made so many!

Yikes. It sounds like he's a bit burnt out with trying to earn a living from his music. :(

That's probably why he's pushing his paintings so much.
    I find it a complete mystery as to why he isn't more popular. He deserves to be rich!
    edited July 2015
    I think he hasn't been managed properly. He is incredibly talented and I think if he was packaged in a more focused way, he'd be more known.

However, I think it'd be a mixed blessing though. He is known enough to keep working but unknown enough to be unspoiled. It keeps him creative. I hope he doesn't get discouraged because he's GOOD!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Dang, thanks for the reminder! Just ordered this. BTW, all orders come with a digital download, MP3, flac, or wav, so you at least get a CD quality download with the tape.