Options

PJ Ten Club Presale Tickets for first show ever in Colombia a total fiasco.

Goog afternoon,

We tried and failed to buy tickets for best seating at the PJ concert in Colombia this coming November. We are part of several PJ fan groups on FB and not a single person we know of was able to buy a single ticket for this area called "Occidental Especial".

Rumor has it only 10 tickets were issued for Ten Club members in this seating area. It is very strange that with only 415 tickets in this area, not a single person who tried could achieve to actually buy them with the Fan Club presale. At this concert there will be no special entry due to "logistics", there were no tickets for the best, and most expensive, seating area, and we don't feel any benefits for being part of the Ten Club if we can't buy the best tickets in our home country.

Additionally, the next area, Cancha Especial, costs only a little bit less, is extremely expensive for Colombian pockets, and has capacity for 11,000 people. That makes it the most affluent area of all, the most expensive, not numbered, and with really not too many benefits considering its unaffordable cost.

We don't feel we are obtaining any benefits at all since the other areas will obviously have tickets to spare for months to come, especially at these prices. We thought being part of the Ten Club would give us the only advatage possible at this concert which was to be able to buy tickets for Occidental Especial beforehand.

We have traveled to other countries to see Pearl Jam, we have listened to vinyls, cassettes, CD's and DVDs. Some of us have been a Ten Club member for more than 10 years (as soon as we were old enough to actually have a credit card, or when we could pay someone back for using theirs). We have been waiting for PJ for over 20 years. We feel neglected.

How many tickets were there for Occidental Especial for Ten Club members? Why is it nobody could get any? Why are the tickets so expensive for a country such as Colombia? Will Ten Club members receive any benefits at all?

A disillusioned PJ fan.

Cristina González

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Welcome to the board!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    666erm666erm Posts: 243
    i'm still trying to get general admission standing tickets for the show and still keep getting rejected on the website for not filling in all required fields when clearly i have.

i'm confident i'll get thru eventually, but it sucks. first time 10c lets me down
    04/11/03 West Palm Beach
    06/11/08 West Palm Beach
    09/03/11 East Troy
    09/04/11 East Troy
    09/02/12 Philadelphia
    09/21/12 Pensacola Beach
    07/19/13 Chicago
    06/16/14 Amsterdam
    06/17/14 Amsterdam
    10/09/14 Lincoln
    10/14/14 Memphis
    11/25/15 Bogota
    04/08/16 Fort Lauderdale
    04/09/16 Miami
    04/11/16 Tampa
    04/13/16 Jacksonville
    04/16/16 Greenville
    05/05/16 Quebec City
    08/05/16 Boston
    08/07/16 Boston
    07/01/18 Prague
    07/03/18 Krakow
    07/10/18 Barcelona
    07/14/18 Lisbon
    08/08/18 Seattle
    08/10/18 Seattle
    09/18/21 Asbury Park
    10/01/21 Dana Point
    10/02/21 Dana Point
    09/16/22 Nashville
    09/20/22 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    edited April 2015
    666erm said:

i'm still trying to get general admission standing tickets for the show and still keep getting rejected on the website for not filling in all required fields when clearly i have.

i'm confident i'll get thru eventually, but it sucks. first time 10c lets me down

what issue are you having?
    was hard for me too, but I managed to make it... I can help you since with others in FB found the issue
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    666erm666erm Posts: 243
    i can select the tickets i want but when i get directed to either log in or create an account,and i try to create an account, it stops me from moving to the next page due to not filling out all the required fields, even though i have filled everything out.

im from the US and it seems many from here are also experiencing the same issue
    04/11/03 West Palm Beach
    06/11/08 West Palm Beach
    09/03/11 East Troy
    09/04/11 East Troy
    09/02/12 Philadelphia
    09/21/12 Pensacola Beach
    07/19/13 Chicago
    06/16/14 Amsterdam
    06/17/14 Amsterdam
    10/09/14 Lincoln
    10/14/14 Memphis
    11/25/15 Bogota
    04/08/16 Fort Lauderdale
    04/09/16 Miami
    04/11/16 Tampa
    04/13/16 Jacksonville
    04/16/16 Greenville
    05/05/16 Quebec City
    08/05/16 Boston
    08/07/16 Boston
    07/01/18 Prague
    07/03/18 Krakow
    07/10/18 Barcelona
    07/14/18 Lisbon
    08/08/18 Seattle
    08/10/18 Seattle
    09/18/21 Asbury Park
    10/01/21 Dana Point
    10/02/21 Dana Point
    09/16/22 Nashville
    09/20/22 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    At first, the code didn't work. By the time the code worked, it was already 10:04. No tickets for the special seating area were available. Only one preson we know got a chance to buy a ticket. All the other areas will have tickets available well into November.
  • Options
    GH160731GH160731 Posts: 3
    I had no problems buying occidental especial, preregistered at tuboleta yesterday, bought them as soon as the link was working. Not the nightmare I'm reading, I guess it was dumb luck. I just feel fortunate to finally been able to see them live and not ripped of by the TC. I'm pretty sure you will be able to get some good seats on Wednesday. If as you say, there were only 10 tickets reserved for TC, you will be able to score one of the other 405 tickets available.

peace!
  • Options
    Well, let's hope so. I will definitely try.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I am going to this show, but wasn't able to try for tickets...can't believe the front area is so small! Whatever happens, don't let the ticket buying sour your experience for the show. It's gonna be awesome no matter where you are!

Having said that...yeah, I'd like one of those front tickets, hahaha.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited April 2015

I am going to this show, but wasn't able to try for tickets...can't believe the front area is so small! Whatever happens, don't let the ticket buying sour your experience for the show. It's gonna be awesome no matter where you are!

I wonder what makes that section better than other sections? If you look at the map that section is just as close as the opposite side of the field that doesn't have higher prices. Does anyone know what makes that section better?
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 141

I wonder what makes that section better than other sections? If you look at the map that section is just as close as the opposite side of the field that doesn't have higher prices. Does anyone know what makes that section better?

It's the especialness of that section that makes it more expensive. That and the seats have cup holders.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    edited April 2015

Goog afternoon,

We tried and failed to buy tickets for best seating at the PJ concert in Colombia this coming November. We are part of several PJ fan groups on FB and not a single person we know of was able to buy a single ticket for this area called "Occidental Especial".

Rumor has it only 10 tickets were issued for Ten Club members in this seating area. It is very strange that with only 415 tickets in this area, not a single person who tried could achieve to actually buy them with the Fan Club presale. At this concert there will be no special entry due to "logistics", there were no tickets for the best, and most expensive, seating area, and we don't feel any benefits for being part of the Ten Club if we can't buy the best tickets in our home country.

Additionally, the next area, Cancha Especial, costs only a little bit less, is extremely expensive for Colombian pockets, and has capacity for 11,000 people. That makes it the most affluent area of all, the most expensive, not numbered, and with really not too many benefits considering its unaffordable cost.

We don't feel we are obtaining any benefits at all since the other areas will obviously have tickets to spare for months to come, especially at these prices. We thought being part of the Ten Club would give us the only advatage possible at this concert which was to be able to buy tickets for Occidental Especial beforehand.

We have traveled to other countries to see Pearl Jam, we have listened to vinyls, cassettes, CD's and DVDs. Some of us have been a Ten Club member for more than 10 years (as soon as we were old enough to actually have a credit card, or when we could pay someone back for using theirs). We have been waiting for PJ for over 20 years. We feel neglected.

How many tickets were there for Occidental Especial for Ten Club members? Why is it nobody could get any? Why are the tickets so expensive for a country such as Colombia? Will Ten Club members receive any benefits at all?

A disillusioned PJ fan.

Cristina González

While, I agree that people who travel shorter distances should get access to better seating (in some respects), you admit to traveling all over to see the band. Just like you did so, this show in Colombia will be an international festival for a day or three. People travel all over the world to see this band, as you know.

10C seating is based on your membership number. I'd imagine if you buy 10C seats in a certain area, that all 10C members in that area will be prioritized based off their numbers.

Really, we wouldn't have this issue if they did 60-80 shows every other year in all parts of the world, but fewer shows also allows them to go many more years. (They could be like most bands and do 20-25 USA shows every summer, 10-15 European shows, maybe another 10 Canadian dates, but that's not their style)....and that means when tickets go on sale, everyone and their brother/sister/mother/cousin/father/neighbor will try to buy tickets, even if it means an 18-hour plane flight.

And apparently a buyer didn't need a Colombia address...
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/243871/bought-bogota-tiks-from-us-here-is-how-i-did-it#latest
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400

Yeah, seems like the front section is the one to get anyway, and there seem to be ample tickets available. I'm a bit confused about the setup as well, though.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>