Options

well done ten club youve thanks for being unable to handle the demand for advertised product

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I can only blame myself here... went downstairs to toke an herb around 11:05-11:10.... got back to the computer and saw in the matter of a quick herb bake I missed the 2nd round. good grief, I'LL GET YOU MARIJUANA!!!!!!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539

I can only blame myself here... went downstairs to toke an herb around 11:05-11:10.... got back to the computer and saw in the matter of a quick herb bake I missed the 2nd round. good grief, I'LL GET YOU MARIJUANA!!!!!!

it's never the marijuana's fault, never
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

same thing happened to me. it kept saying i wasn't logged in or a member (not sure which). i FINALLY got it in my cart and then hit the whitewall of death, getting as far as shipping selection after multiple tries... then it disappeared from my cart and was no longer available.

bravo ten club. go fuck yourselves.

fuck you... whiny bitch
    …and now it's a party...
    :rofl:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544

same thing happened to me. it kept saying i wasn't logged in or a member (not sure which). i FINALLY got it in my cart and then hit the whitewall of death, getting as far as shipping selection after multiple tries... then it disappeared from my cart and was no longer available.

bravo ten club. go fuck yourselves.

A well thought out, mature, and intelligent response.

• Options
    you're right... I'LL GET YOU WHITEWALL OF DEATH!!!!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I am loving the white wall of death thing. Another thread weaved into the fabric of 10C membership lore, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pdxtrubpdxtrub Posts: 29
    Eh, I couldn't get it to purchase either. In fact, I was mysteriously logged out again when I went to post this comment. It is what it is, but sorta bummed.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I really can't wait to see the complaining in a few weeks when people get BS, LB, and Brad in their mystery box.

LOL
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    thank god we dont have this torture for concert tickets anymore...whih counts the most..
    merch arent that important to lose my sleep..live music is whats this band is best for..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    10c realized their servers couldn't handle the capacity for tickets so they went to the lottery. It would save us all a lot of frustration if they would do the same for merchandise sales. It would be nice if 10c would put out a statement acknowledging this didn't go well this morning and what can be done in the future.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

pjtaper said:

It crashed. Supply and demand. It sucks, but you can't always get what you want. I want a new car for $20, but that isn't going to happen. Enjoy your time above the ground!

This.

I can't wait to see the complaints in 2 weeks when people start getting vinyl they already own.

Don't forget the complaints about a bent corner on the sleeve.
    The thread will be called "10c Mystery Vinyl Damaged"
  • Options

10c realized their servers couldn't handle the capacity for tickets so they went to the lottery. It would save us all a lot of frustration if they would do the same for merchandise sales. It would be nice if 10c would put out a statement acknowledging this didn't go well this morning and what can be done in the future.

Was this really that different from a lottery? It seems that who actually got the thing was completely random. Lots of people freaking out. Many angry posts. A week's warning. Some spend a few hours wondering if they got it or not while orders update after the sale... seems exactly like the ticket lottery to me.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'm so glad I didn't try and buy a mystery thing. Must be a horrible existence to have a day ruined by what again?
  • Options

I'm so glad I didn't try and buy a mystery thing. Must be a horrible existence to have a day ruined by what again?

I was thinking how nice it must be to have such an incredible life that this experience feels like a devastating blow.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

I was thinking how nice it must be to have such an incredible life that this experience feels like a devastating blow.
    Again with the perspective!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I think we'll all have better luck trying to get those Eddie/Pete tickets tomorrow.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394

kept asking me to confirm membership when i was all ready logged in. ummm, paid january this year thanks. is that not good enough? i hope those lucky enough to get through all get a benny cause you deserve it

I think the list said 5-10 Bennys. I think after this morning they should go with at least 10.
  • Options

I think we'll all have better luck trying to get those Eddie/Pete tickets tomorrow.

:lol: Good luck everyone!
  • Options

hope you're right... i'll take alittle bad luck today for some ticket luck tomorrow. not gonna hold my breath, that's for sure
  • Options
    Say what you want about ticketmaster, they've got the big boy servers and proper shopping cart software.
  • Options

Lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Say what you want about ticketmaster, they've got the big boy servers and proper shopping cart software.

I was spinning in a waiting room for 1 hour 15 minutes not 4 months ago on the Ticketmaster website, and didn't get the tix. I also got the tix for a different show a few months ago, after waiting and refreshing for half an hour, went through the whole purchasing process, and then got an error page when I clicked complete purchase. Got screwed out of the tix. In my books, 10C is winning.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Lets face it, it's ALL just a ploy designed to separate you from your $$.
    Was that a Presale?
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    This site is actually many moving pieces (front end, back end, database and POS system). The site could handle the traffic or it would have gone completely offline when it crashed. When you order something the front end has to connect to the backend, database and then the point of sale system behind the scenes. Your user info has to be validated and it has to get the shipping address. There were too many queries done at the same time and you were getting a timeout thus the either you are not a member message or the white screen. Any online system wouldn't have been able to handle that load that happened in a matter of seconds. It was an integration issue and will not get better.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    nicky-p38 said:

kept asking me to confirm membership when i was all ready logged in. ummm, paid january this year thanks. is that not good enough? i hope those lucky enough to get through all get a benny cause you deserve it

I think the list said 5-10 Bennys. I think after this morning they should go with at least 10.
    I think after all the venom spit at them... we'll see 2-3 Benny's.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I still think they will release more... I'm hearing TONS of people accidentally ordered more than one due to the crash during order submission, the 10C will refund to keep the 1 per person limit, then those extra orders will be RESTOCKED! Quit yo bitchin and start refreshing that store, foo!
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    lol
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Really disappointed with how this went down. I'm not one to complain usually, but this was horrible.

Had it in my cart only to have it sold out from under me. It's just bad business, in my opinion. Granted, it was a long shot to receive what I was looking for, but I didn't even get a chance. I'll be switching to digital from now on.

To those that got them to go through, sincere congratulations.

To the 10C...please address the order/ticket/server/etc issues once & for all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Yeah, I'm just glad this was for a mystery vinyl, and not something important like concert tix!
  • Options
    pjtaper said:

Yeah, I'm just glad this was for a mystery vinyl, and not something important like concert tix!

Even more people get disappointed when it's concert tix.
This discussion has been closed.