Record Store Day @ Easy Street Records in Seattle

KazuyeKazuye Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in The Porch
From Easy Street's website: "We’re thrilled to welcome Northwest Rock Legends The Sonics to Easy Street for a very special Record Store Day live performance at 10pm! Our heroes will be joined by an amazing array of special guests personally invited by the band throughout the night - and believe us when we say you will NOT be disappointed!! The Sonics performance is a ticketed event with proceeds going to KEXP’s New Home Campaign. A limited number of tickets, priced at $100, are on sale RIGHT NOW at Easy Street. Another small allotment of tickets will be on sale from KEXP.org starting at 3pm today. Check their home page for link at that time.
Limit of two tickets per person, CASH ONLY. "

What are the chances that the "special guests" include members of Pearl Jam? Mike McCready is co-chairing the KEXP New Home Campaign (for which this is a fundraiser).
Post edited by Kazuye on

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I would guess Mudhoney if anyone.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited April 2015
    I think chances are good that any one of or some of PJ could show up. I would guess Mike and/or Stone are the best bet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mtbr03mtbr03 Posts: 40
    edited April 2015
    Ummm - so Eddie fronted on a song and Mike showed up as well (separate tune backing the lead singer from Tacocat). Legendary night with so many other legendary guests as well,.

Too tired to write more, I am sure others will in the morning. I knew it was going to be a good night when I passed Eddie walking through one of the aisles downstairs.

Tried to post some pics but couldn't (not tech savvy enough)
    Post edited by mtbr03 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited April 2015
    Saw a video of Eddie performing on Facebook. Lucky people who were there! Looks like a lot of fun. I have to get down to Easy Street for RSD one of these years. They do it right.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I was at Easy Street yesterday and had the opportunity to buy a ticket ($100) and knew there would be some very "special guests" but just couldn't swing the cash even though I knew it was for charity to help KEXP. Looked like a fun night.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    RSD at Easy Street is definitely a bucket list item. Congrats to those who were there.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Anyone know how to get that on audio to burn to disc or MP3? I love the version. The sax sounds great
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    $100???!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • JB308262JB308262 Posts: 22
    Killer night of music! The Sonics were spot on and Ed and Mike filled out the band very nicely. Got to talk with both of them after they did their thing with the band. I told Mike I really enjoyed the Sonic Evolution concert he did a few months ago. He told me they are mixing it and it WILL be out on a CD/record at some point! Looking forward to that. I think there will also be a CD of last nights show coming out at some point also. Easy Street Records in West Seattle rocks.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622

Anyone know how to get that on audio to burn to disc or MP3? I love the version. The sax sounds great

dirpy.com will convert a you tube video, or any video, to a 320 kbps audio file.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    JB308262 said:

Killer night of music! The Sonics were spot on and Ed and Mike filled out the band very nicely. Got to talk with both of them after they did their thing with the band. I told Mike I really enjoyed the Sonic Evolution concert he did a few months ago. He told me they are mixing it and it WILL be out on a CD/record at some point! Looking forward to that. I think there will also be a CD of last nights show coming out at some point also. Easy Street Records in West Seattle rocks.

That is fucking sweet!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    If anyone has an audience audio recording from the show last night, please share. :)
  • RS151862 said:

Anyone know how to get that on audio to burn to disc or MP3? I love the version. The sax sounds great

dirpy.com will convert a you tube video, or any video, to a 320 kbps audio file.
    Great. Thanks
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    pjradio said:

$100???!!!

Yes, it was benefit for KEXP
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Bump
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    JB308262 said:

Dude. That is awesome. Great news about the Mike show coming out. So what tidbits did Eddie tell you? :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mtbr03mtbr03 Posts: 40
    Here is a really high quality vid of the performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW-wpJEl9Yo
    mtbr03 said:

Here is a really high quality vid of the performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW-wpJEl9Yo

Thank you!!! :)
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    So cool!! Thanks for posting.
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    I'm torn on the age old debate of cameras at shows.
    While I am at a show, Im thinking 'Put the camera away and enjoy it'
    But given the fact Im not at 99% of shows, I love watching them.

And given this video is such great quality, its almost like being there (obviously joking, but really impressed with the quality of that video)
    Bump
    The Sonics & Special Friends, Easy Street Records, Seattle, WA. 4/18/15
    Here are some amazing photos taken by Marianne Spellman.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannesp/sets/72157652062680451