EDDIE VEDDER INTO THE WILD PICTURE DISC VINYL

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Charities always drive the price crazy high. $1500 is prolly three times what it is actually worth.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Glad to see that much going to charity... that kind of spending has to just be someone who cares about the charity, not someone who just wants the record. So that's nice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    PJ_Soul said:

Glad to see that much going to charity... that kind of spending has to just be someone who cares about the charity, not someone who just wants the record. So that's nice.

Indeed. :)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited April 2015
    demetrios said:

Winning bid: US $1,542.00

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    MedozK said:

Charities always drive the price crazy high. $1500 is prolly three times what it is actually worth.

I don't know much about that stuff, but can't you deduct fair market value of the item and mark the rest as a tax deduction?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • I'll sell mine for $1 less than whatever this goes for! :sunglasses:

I'll sell mine for $1 less than whatever this goes for! :sunglasses:

Free shipping too? Or none of that International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program mumbo jumbo crap? Very tempting! :p
  • demetrios said:

Free shipping too? Or none of that International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program mumbo jumbo crap? Very tempting! :p
    Of course...but I thought that you already had one of these
    edited February 2017

demetrios said:

Of course...but I thought that you already had one of these
    Oh I do. But I know someone close that ISO one.
    I'd like one, but expensive crap taking up room on my shelves is starting to exceed the value of pleasure I get from it.
    Current bid $355.
  • Picture discs look tacky.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Bump!
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    MedozK said:

I'd like one, but expensive crap taking up room on my shelves is starting to exceed the value of pleasure I get from it.

This! I've spent more money on things I forget I ever had!!
  • I tried for one at the Seattle Pop up and that's as far as I've got...
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    wwsuicide said:

MedozK said:

I'm still at that point where I like putting a record on, pouring a beer and flipping through my collection. Even if I lose interest, will hold it in case my kids care.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Picture discs look tacky.

I agree, and they never sound good either, if you want to play it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    1 day left.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    These aren't that easy to come by. Very tempting.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    Cool for whoever gets it, but I would rather put $400 towards a new VPI turntable.
    6 hours left. Current bid US $365.00.
    55 minutes to go ..
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    scurtis said:

wwsuicide said:

MedozK said:

I'm still at that point where I like putting a record on, pouring a beer and flipping through my collection. Even if I lose interest, will hold it in case my kids care.
    They won't. I've toiled over this myself.
    Ended @ $395.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993

Picture discs look tacky.

I agree. I wouldn't pay $10 for this.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Slightly better bargain than 2 years ago.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Someone got a deal
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

Someone got a deal

Wow no kidding, I thought what I paid for mine was good, and it was way more than that!
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."