Mystery vinyl- Lost Dogs ISO

13»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Horse2345 said:

would it be deemed ok with you folks if he sold his used copy? if so, then what's the difference?

By purchasing the mystery vinyl he specifically agreed to the terms that plainly stated not for resale. Besides that he just started a thread bashing flippers and saying no one should pay going prices for any of the mystery vinyl last week.
    That wasn't my question though. When people get a duplicate, they are going to get rid of one, generally. Look at all the trades people are making with the mystery vinyl. How is that not flipping? Those people aren't trading for the $50 value of the mystery sale, they are trading for the going rate on the secondary market. Which is no different than if they sold it on ebay for market value and purchased what they wanted with that money. Oh yeah, "hooking up other 10 clubbers" is ok, as long as the other person is also flipping, right? it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, if you ask me.

I dont care what thread he started. Of course everyone wants that, but until it happens, status quo reigns.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Trading is the great gray area this forum resides on.

If the dude came here and started a thread explaining he got a lost dogs, had actually just purchased one, and wanted to trade it for mystery vinyl item(s) he really was hoping for... I don't think too many people would have an issue at all.
    If he just went to ebay or discogs, hardly anyone would notice and he would join the underbelly of members who do that.

This item was not for resale. He immediately tried to resell at a laughable price. People bitched, he egged them on a little bit... someone found a recent thread the guy started completely contradicting flipping. It's not hard to understand why this particular situation attracted the "policia".

Now I think he has changed the "offer" to a trade, so it should be fine, no?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Yeah. I didn't know I wasn't able to resell the mystery vinyl (I was not paying attention to the wording on the page when I bought it, I was scrambling trying to get the thing in my cart and check out like most people). That is my bad and Im willing to own up to it. Yesterday I was having a lot of fun with how over the top upset and sensitive people can be on here. I have a sick sense of humor. Hopefully, no one was left in tears or in the hospital over it. As far as me "contradicting myself" I might have done that a little bit too, but that accusation was blown a little bit out of proportion because like I said, I do wish they would re release the vinyl at a more reasonable price. With that being said, is it really "flipping" if I just bought the same item used for more than the asking price of a new copy of the same item? IDK. If so.. If the "policia" actually run the show here then I bow down at their feet and ask for mercy and forgiveness... Hopefully we can all let bygones be bygones and understand I just want to get rid of one of the copies I have without having my pants pulled down over the price. I don't wish to break any write or "unspoken" rules. I don't want to create any enemies here among PJ fans because I consider most of us to be cool and friendly people. My sarcasm doesn't translate well over the computer either sometimes so I apologize for for coming across as harsh as I did to some people. In the end, I just want to find a good home for this LD and not lose too much money in the process. So if its kosher to SELL the used copy what offers do I have for that one? If I can TRADE the new one I will trade it. I know you guys feel like I was pretty evil doing what I did, especially when, where, and how, I did it... In hindsight maybe not the best idea, but like the song on the insurance commercial says "Im only human." Anyways... I hope we all can look back on this experience as a learning one and laugh at it... Again.. didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings or break anyones heart or rules..

IDK if any of what I just typed makes sense... Ive been up for hours after a concert...

Peace and Love (#Neil Young)

PT
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    'sall good. When its all said and done, collecting, this place, etc is all just recreation.

You got a pretty great thing in the mystery vinyl sale. I don't think anyone would expect you to have to keep both, nor be obligated to just give one away.
  • EvilTim102EvilTim102 Posts: 135
    edited May 2015
    Mine is mine and yours won't take it's place
    Nice.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    MayDay10 said:

'sall good. When its all said and done, collecting, this place, etc is all just recreation.

You got a pretty great thing in the mystery vinyl sale. I don't think anyone would expect you to have to keep both, nor be obligated to just give one away.

well said...give the OP a break...such venom from the so called 'pj family'
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    andrew68 said:

MayDay10 said:

The op is looking for a copy of LD. He's not selling one. There seems to be confusion here.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

andrew68 said:

MayDay10 said:

The op is looking for a copy of LD. He's not selling one. There seems to be confusion here.
    Some people get no respect hahaha
    Now the op has amnesia
    badbrains said:

andrew68 said:

MayDay10 said:

Some people get no respect hahaha
    None at all
    MayDay10 said:

Now the op has amnesia

I can't remember what you're talking about
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

This thread is clearly about a microchip in every American by 2017
    In my best Obi-Wan voice "This is not the OP your looking for" sorry to hijack the thread... kind of took on a life of its own...
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

In my best Obi-Wan voice "This is not the OP your looking for" sorry to hijack the thread... kind of took on a life of its own...

:lol: no biggie. If you hook me up w/ the album both threads will disappear
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

andrew68 said:

MayDay10 said:

Lol. I forgot who the actual OP was.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

courtmcc said:

10C said they didn't want flippers from the mystery vinyl and said that they would stop them... HA HA ha.

Not what was actually said, but there's something to be said regarding Karma.
    I find this to be a very inappropriate thing to say from an employee of 10C.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2015

courtmcc said:

10C said they didn't want flippers from the mystery vinyl and said that they would stop them... HA HA ha.

Really? This doesn't bother me at all. I prefer a more casual relationship between 10C staff and members, personally. One where they can say something like this and it's fine. Besides, it's not a secret that 10C feels this way about flipping.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

courtmcc said:

Really? What's up?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    OP is looking for LD
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

PJ_Soul said:

courtmcc said:

Really? This doesn't bother me at all. I prefer a more casual relationship between 10C staff and members, personally. One where they can say something like this and it's fine. Besides, it's not a secret that 10C feels this way about flipping.
    I get that. it just almost is suggestive, you know?

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

OP is looking for LD

This guy still gets no respect haha

PJ_Soul said:

courtmcc said:

I get that. it just almost is suggestive, you know?

As in, "we're going to be the imposers of said karma"?
    I figured that might be what you were thinking.... and since 10C does try and stop flippers by kind of investigating ebay sales and revoking memberships if it's called for, you have a point there. But even then, it's not a secret that they do that, and I think it's generally appreciated that they do. Similarly, 10C imposes "karma" on members who scalp 10C tickets.... and I don't have a problem with that either! ;)
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Well, here's hoping the OP wins LD in the Nepal earthquake relief raffle. :peace: