Options

Local Pickup 4 Seattle/Western WA

DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
I hate to complain and it's highly hypocritical when Santos posts about too many complaints but seriously waiting weeks for a insignificant item(s) when we live minutes from the warehouse is ridiculous.

waste of money/labor and shipping costs for local members...
open a pickup window/dropboxes somewhere in the city like Amazon does.
U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013

Comments

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    Actually, that may be less than optimal from a supply chain perspective given the limited purchases from Seattle and the manpower needed to run a pick up window
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    And while I agree that it is kind of crazy, they aren't the only operation to function this way. Back when my daughter was of sandbox age, we picked up a previously owned turtle sandbox. (Hello, tree lawn pick! Too bad it was still full of sand. Nearly threw our backs out because we scooped it up in the dark.) At any rate, they eyes on the turtle were toast. I called Little Tikes to order some new eyes. My in-law's live right around the corner from LT headquarters and they said that I absolutely could not come and pick them up. They had to be shipped. They were charging $8 to ship 2 eyes 20 minutes away. The guy on the phone felt bad for me and sent them to me at no charge, but still . . . I get you. Sometimes, as KV said, it just doesn't pay for items to be picked up from warehouses.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    there is no manpower needed.
    have drawers or small spaces available for members who punch in their # and bam! very simple.
    10 Club would just take placed orders from one side of the warehouse to another, once a week...
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    They aren't a retail shop.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    all this costs manpower and money. please just deal with it and leave them alone
  • Options
    oh no!
    foodboy said:

all this costs manpower and money. please just deal with it and leave them alone

did I hurt your feelings?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,155
    I would agree. They would need to spend money on staff to fill the pickup orders. They would need to pay for these "electronic" boxes, pay someone to set the codes on the pickup boxes, move the orders from the warehouse to the pickup boxes, ensure the outgoing emails with the codes go out, etc.... Not to mention that the service would take up space, so whatever opportunity the cost from reallocating warehouse space to the service.

There's a reason that many companies are now online only (mail order). It's way cheaper to mail stuff out that run a retail centre. I can't imagine 10c sells enough products to warrant having a physical pickup centre. I don't think they're as big an operation as some people think.
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    Not to mention that everyone would know where they store the gods, I mean goods ......
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Not to mention that everyone would know where they store the gods, I mean goods ......

Not that hard to figure out where the 'clubhouse' is...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    and even if they did someone would find something to complain about that service as well.