Options

Any wine connoisseurs on here?

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
edited April 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Or anyone that just drinks a lot of wine? My favourite red wine seems to be out of circulation, so I have been trying other kinds to replace it. I like red wine, preferably a Cabernet Sauvignon. Apothic Red is good, but it's 15+ dollars a bottle. My wine was $10.75 a bottle and I was happy with it. I picked up a bottle of Ghost Pines. Anyone ever try it? It's normally $22 a bottle, but it was on sale for $16. I like to treat myself to something good once in a while, but it's not like I would get this every time.

What does everyone else like to drink? Any suggestions? Comments?
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Not really a connoisseur, but I do enjoy a good bottle of wine. Usually a dry white wine. Although, there is a bottle of red waiting to be opened.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I collect corks...I want a huge cork board. Only want the real corks...not the waxy plastic ones.

Don't drink wine...bad things happen when I do, so if you wanna help me out PM me and I'll give you my address.

Much appreciated.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    SD48277 said:

Not really a connoisseur, but I do enjoy a good bottle of wine. Usually a dry white wine. Although, there is a bottle of red waiting to be opened.

Open it!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I collect corks...I want a huge cork board. Only want the real corks...not the waxy plastic ones.

Don't drink wine...bad things happen when I do, so if you wanna help me out PM me and I'll give you my address.

Much appreciated.

Aw man, I wish I knew this sooner I could've sent you so many corks. I have had to curb my drinking lately as it started getting out of hand. But ai will save them up now and when I get a decent amount I'll get your address and ship them to you : )
  • Options
    That would be awesome!

Wish I could drink wine...having your throat start to close up on you isn't very fun when one has a glass.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    When I'm home in the States I tend to stick to west coast Cabernets. Over here in Europe I usually go with Spanish Tempranillos or Sangiovese from Italy.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Try the Margaret River wine region some nice wines there.
  • Options
    My wine is back! I haven't seen it on the shelves since December. Walked into Sobey's today and it was on display - and on sale! $7-something a bottle(I bought a case, lol)

Cheers!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Mad Dog 20/20
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    wine is for wussies.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    imalive said:

wine is for wussies.

I'm ok with that.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I like wine coolers...Boone's Strawberry Fields

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I like the name of that wine(for obvious reasons) :)
  • Options
    imalive said:

wine is for wussies.

I'm telling Ed.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I like Blackstone.. Like 8-9 a bottle.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    RKCNDY said:

Do you drink zima as well??? ;)

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

imalive said:

wine is for wussies.

I'm telling Ed.
    oh, shit....forgot about him.

Ed's alright.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

RKCNDY said:

Do you drink zima as well??? ;)

They don't make Zima anymore...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597

My wine is back! I haven't seen it on the shelves since December. Walked into Sobey's today and it was on display - and on sale! $7-something a bottle(I bought a case, lol)

Cheers!

What was the name of the wine?

Three currant favorites:
    2011 Bertrand Corbieres $10
    2012 Chave Mon Cour $17

2009 Monsecco Pratogrande $21 This stuff tastes like a $60 Barolo!

Hold On
  • Options

Cheers!

What was the name of the wine?

Three currant favorites:
    2011 Bertrand Corbieres $10
    2012 Chave Mon Cour $17

2009 Monsecco Pratogrande $21 This stuff tastes like a $60 Barolo!

Peller Estates Proprietor's Reserve. It's from Niagara on the Lake in Ontario. Good stuff!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I like wine. Putting back a bottle of this tonight

• Options
    Kendall Jackson reds are nice.
    The Dreaming Tree Crush (DMB wine is a nice one as well).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

I like the Dreaming tree wines. Get it for the wife from time to time as she is a fan. A bit to pricey for what they are though.
  • Options

I like the Dreaming tree wines. Get it for the wife from time to time as she is a fan. A bit to pricey for what they are though.
    Really tasty.

I like the feeling red wine gives me in the moment. Makes me kind of numb after a couple glasses. Makes me really sexy and smart after 5-6 lol.

I don't like the feeling it gives me the next day. We drank 80 bottles of red wine in Calgary last summer before and after the Peter Gabriel Sting show. Driving back to BC the next morning ranks up there with one of the all time things I have hated in my life. I had to fake that I was feeling good being the driver. Everyone slept and I hauled ass left unchecked.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Much appreciated.

Wish I knew this before now. I could have given you enough corks to lines the walls of your house!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

Really tasty.

I like the feeling red wine gives me in the moment. Makes me kind of numb after a couple glasses. Makes me really sexy and smart after 5-6 lol.

I don't like the feeling it gives me the next day. We drank 80 bottles of red wine in Calgary last summer before and after the Peter Gabriel Sting show. Driving back to BC the next morning ranks up there with one of the all time things I have hated in my life. I had to fake that I was feeling good being the driver. Everyone slept and I hauled ass left unchecked.
    80?

I can see why you didn't feel so good. I'm a little puzzled as to why you're still alive, though. Unless you were driving a 40 person bus.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Really tasty.

80?

I can see why you didn't feel so good. I'm a little puzzled as to why you're still alive, though. Unless you were driving a 40 person bus.
    I was exaggerating.

The Costco in Calgary sells wine infinitely cheaper than in BC. The couple we travelled with and us each bought two dozen bottles of wine. In all seriousness, we must have drank 8 of them.

The IPAs at the show likely never helped with my feeling the next day much either. A fun night, but a hell of a price to pay.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I used to buy my wife good bottles of wine and she never likes them so I started buying Barefoot Moscato and Sutter Home Riesling lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I like a nice Chardonnay every now and then, but I'm definitely no connoisseur.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    My 2004 Tignanello is waiting patiently until 2018. It's going to opened in June next year. Can't wait.