PEARL JAM SEVENS VINYL BOX SET

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    MUZIK said:

must be my sevens box set that UPS "lost".

i love how 10club decides to throw them up on the bay instead of offer them to some of the members that never got them in the mail.

classy move 10 club.

Which member(s) would you give them to? Seems like there aren't enough to just throw them up on the shop.
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    edited August 2015
    bazzer said:

MUZIK said:

i love how 10club decides to throw them up on the bay instead of offer them to some of the members that never got them in the mail.

classy move 10 club.

Which member(s) would you give them to? Seems like there aren't enough to just throw them up on the shop.
    thats not even the point anymore, but more how unprofessional the 10c is when it comes to the logistics of customer service.

there weren't that many to begin with, and only a few members didn't receive theres in the mail.

my problem with the 10c is the fact that they just don't care if your order gets lost or not. they did nothing when i asked about my order and the mysterious tracking number which i never got either.

i also asked not to be refunded because i knew one would pop up.

sure enough i was refunded anyway.

2 years later what a surprise 10c has one for sale on eBay and I'm sure won't be the last.
    Post edited by MUZIK on
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    bazzer said:

MUZIK said:

classy move 10 club.

I think he meant that some copies got lost in the mail during the original on sale. He thought it would of been better customer service to use the spare copies to make up for them being lost in the mail. IE send out a 2nd copy to those members. It left a bad taste in his mouth that 10c refunded the order but has found many spare copies to sell during the mystery vinyl and ebay auctions.

I think it's a valid argument. The 10c seems to keep a stash of almost any release they put out (which makes sense). It's a bit of a shame they don't use a few of the copies to make up for ones lost/stolen/destroyed through the postal service. It's not really 10c's fault when UPS or USPS makes a mistake with delivery, but it's still great customer service to make up for it anyways :)
    Zod said:

bazzer said:

MUZIK said:

classy move 10 club.

I think he meant that some copies got lost in the mail during the original on sale. He thought it would of been better customer service to use the spare copies to make up for them being lost in the mail. IE send out a 2nd copy to those members. It left a bad taste in his mouth that 10c refunded the order but has found many spare copies to sell during the mystery vinyl and ebay auctions.

I think it's a valid argument. The 10c seems to keep a stash of almost any release they put out (which makes sense). It's a bit of a shame they don't use a few of the copies to make up for ones lost/stolen/destroyed through the postal service. It's not really 10c's fault when UPS or USPS makes a mistake with delivery, but it's still great customer service to make up for it anyways :)
    I know, and I get that, and it sucks. I don't know how many people's went missing, but probably more than the extra odd copy they have leftover. So, my point is, how do you decide which of the people who missed out get the copy? And what about the rest of them?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,680
    A day & 5 hours left ..
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    bazzer said:

I know, and I get that, and it sucks. I don't know how many people's went missing, but probably more than the extra odd copy they have leftover. So, my point is, how do you decide which of the people who missed out get the copy? And what about the rest of them?

Did that many copies really go missing? Missing packages is usually a rarity. I assumed it was a handful at best.
    Zod said:

bazzer said:

Did that many copies really go missing? Missing packages is usually a rarity. I assumed it was a handful at best.
    Yeah, I don't really know, was Sevens the thing where a whole bunch went missing? I vaguely recall something.
    6 hours left ...
    Ended @ $271.66. Has the buyer paid already Santos?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    demetrios said:

5am Demetrios? I'm sure Santos is still sleeping...

demetrios said:

How about now? It's 10am PT. :coffee::p
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

It's also Sunday, strike two, lol.
    edited August 2015

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

It's also Sunday, strike two, lol.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Zod said:

bazzer said:

Mine got inexplicably returned to 10C by Canada Post despite having my correct address on it. So it doesn't surprise me if more than a handful went missing.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

4 day's left. Current bid: US $122.50
    One day left.
    5 hours left.
    Already at $202. A release that jumped the gun on Amazon across the world. They were taking preorders hours before they went up for sale at the 10club store. So many fans didn't place an order with 10club because Amazon had them up with cheaper shipping. When 10club sold out of pre orders and all Amazon pre orders were cancelled it sucked! It sucked real hard!!
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I have an extra Sealed Sevens I would trade for a VG+/EX copy of Marilyn Manson Antichrist Superstar.

PM if interested
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

4 day's left. Current bid US $202.50.

• demetrios said:

Already at $202. A release that jumped the gun on Amazon across the world. They were taking preorders hours before they went up for sale at the 10club store. So many fans didn't place an order with 10club because Amazon had them up with cheaper shipping. When 10club sold out of pre orders and all Amazon pre orders were cancelled it sucked! It sucked real hard!!

I remember that. And it still upsets me! :(
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    bazzer said:

Zod said:

bazzer said:

Yeah, I don't really know, was Sevens the thing where a whole bunch went missing? I vaguely recall something.
    Mine did. But I suspect they just never shipped it b/c they knew I planned on flipping it at the time.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

demetrios said:

I remember that. And it still upsets me! :(
    It sucked as a few friends of mine went the Amazon route & not the 10club route, being that Amazon did post about the sale many hours that Sunday (or was it Saturday, can't remember now), morning & the totally w/shipping was much cheaper. Even Amazon Japan had them up so early which kept taking pre orders after Amazon Canada & USA took them offline. But yeah it does upset many seeing copies up on eBay lately from 10club where fans didn't receive their copies or yet had their orders cancelled because it was 1 copy per mailing addy. 2 families I know had their orders cancelled cause they both (husband & wife, both 10club members) could only buy 1 Sevens to the same mailing addy so only 1 order went through, the other got cancelled.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i already own Lightning Bolt, with the proper track order, for $20 :)

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Sealed for trade over here
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,906
    Still have mine sealed. Not sure what I'll ever do with it. I certainly won't open it since I have the regular Lightning Bolt LP
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,265
    I guess Sevens will always be on 'the ones that got away' list for me. I would have loved a chance to get one (and not at crazy auction prices), but when limited items go on sale in the middle of the night Aus-time there's not much chance.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)