Options

PEARL JAM SEVENS VINYL BOX SET

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,835
edited April 2015 in The Porch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251909938948

PEARL JAM SEVENS VINYL BOX SET

You are bidding on a Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt Sevens Vinyl box set. Set contains Six 7" vinyl Singles. Original Unopened Condition.

Original Retail/Fair market value is $55.00

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE PEARL JAM VITALOGY FOUNDATION

SHIPPING COST WILL BE BASED ON LOCATION.

US SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GROUND.

INT SHIPMENTS VIA UPS GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. WE WILL NOT NEGOTIATE SHIPPING AFTER THE AUCTION.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE WINNING BIDDER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DUTY/VAT TAXES IMPOSED BY YOUR GOVERNMENT.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

ITEM IS SOLD AS-IS NO EXCHANGES, NO RETURNS.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    Less then 6 hours to go ..
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I'll never forget a very generous board member from Canada hooking me up with his copy back in 2012. I play that sucker regularly too.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Can anyone explain the track listing?
    Why is it different than the album and does anyone know why?
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,974

Can anyone explain the track listing?
    Why is it different than the album and does anyone know why?

I think it's so that someone with a record changer can play the tracks in the same order as they appear on the LP without having to flip a record between each song. You may notice that many two-record sets have sides 1 and 4 on one disc and sides 2 and 3 on the other. Same principle. It helps to facilitate more music with fewer interruptions.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    You still have to change the speed. Two of the records are 33rpm, for length reasons.

33 RPM
    Lightning Bolt/Sirens
    Infallible/Future Days

45 RPM
    Let the Records Play/Getaway
    My Father's Son/Swallowed Whole
    Sleeping by Myself/Yellow Moon
    Pendulum/Mind Your Manners
  • Options
    Really? I was unaware of the speed difference. Makes perfect sense, though.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    dudeman said:

Really? I was unaware of the speed difference. Makes perfect sense, though.

It does? How?
    Is this because of the length of the songs? e.g. Sirens and Infallible hit the 5 min mark so wouldn't fit on the smaller record?
    Post edited by Force Of Nature on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    On a 7 inch record you can fit 4.5 minutes of music per side at 45 RPM (the more common speed) or 7 minutes per side at 33 RPM. The better you can space the grooves the better the quality.

Sirens and Infallible are over 5 minutes.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

On a 7 inch record you can fit 4.5 minutes of music per side at 45 RPM (the more common speed) or 7 minutes per side at 33 RPM. The better you can space the grooves the better the quality.

Interesting, thanks.
    Very new to this vinyl thing
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Vinyl 101! : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Funny enough, I just found a copy of Sevens in my mystery box today. Thanks, 10 Club!
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Funny enough, I just found a copy of Sevens in my mystery box today. Thanks, 10 Club!

Nice!
  • Options
    I didn't know much about this set as I missed it when it was first released. I must say: they did a beautiful job with the presentation and execution of Sevens. Interesting concept.
  • Options
    New listing is up over @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/252020769639
  • Options
    6 hours left ..
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I didn't know much about this set as I missed it when it was first released. I must say: they did a beautiful job with the presentation and execution of Sevens. Interesting concept.

Dude! Man! That is awesome!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    It is one hell of a work in graphic design
  • Options
    Another Seven's vinyl up on eBay from pearljam_vitalogyfoundation
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/252040421664

• Options
    relisted due to non-paying bidder.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181

boooooooo
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048

can't you just offer it to the 2nd highest bidder from the previous auction? 2nd chance offer etc
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,265
    Why not put up on LOST DOGS?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options

can't you just offer it to the 2nd highest bidder from the previous auction? 2nd chance offer etc
    Was wondering about that. The one who bailed won the bid @ $330. The 2nd highest bidder was $325. Just 5 bucks. Could of just given it to that bidder.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    demetrios said:

Was wondering about that. The one who bailed won the bid @ $330. The 2nd highest bidder was $325. Just 5 bucks. Could of just given it to that bidder.
    They have yet to give it a "second chance". They just relist for some reason.
  • Options

demetrios said:

would save on fees and such I would think if just did the 2nd chance offer instead of relisting etc? time too which is more important plus you risk things by it closing way much lower than 325 this time around
  • Options

demetrios said:

Second chance offers sent, no response.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

demetrios said:

Ok I'll shut up now, lol.
  • Options

demetrios said:

wow, WTH is wrong with people? Why would people bid like that only to back out? Sorry for your frustrations! I apologize on behalf of the human population!!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

demetrios said:

wow, WTH is wrong with people? Why would people bid like that only to back out? Sorry for your frustrations! I apologize on behalf of the human population!!
    Well the only one who acted poorly was the winner who didn't pay. The person who came in 2nd may have spent that money on something else once he lost.
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    must be my sevens box set that UPS "lost".

i love how 10club decides to throw them up on the bay instead of offer them to some of the members that never got them in the mail.

classy move 10 club.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22