2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Ole
    Guacam-OLÉ!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Supersonic
    I went with Supersonic.

Two statements I agree with from above (there are more I agree w/ too) are that (1) Supersonic may not be their "best" song but I do enjoy it & (2) Last Kiss, although it's a cover, is a really good song. It's a nice through back to the '50's and I think they do it well.

It was really cool to hear Supresonic live for my first time in Seattle '13.

I also got Last Kiss for the 1st time in Detroit '14 and that was pretty good too. I just remember at the end when Ed was on the rail I was looking up at him with my arm up (to possibly break his fall) thinking "please don't fall in here because we'll probably all get crushed"! Lol :smile:
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Future Days
    I actually really like this song...
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,957
    Last Kiss or Future Days (1st was on the radio when me and my wife first kiss , we actually call it First Kiss and Future Days was our wedding dance opening song) shame we didnt hear it on the european tour :(
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Supersonic
    I didn't realize Supersonic was on the "bad song" list. It's a bit corny, but at least it's fast and corny, not slow and corny.... I like it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Coadster1Coadster1 Posts: 14
    Johnny Guitar
    I voted for Johnny Guitar, but Supersonic and Evacuation would be my next choices respectively.
    Dallas, TX - 11/15/13
  • Options
    jd260817jd260817 Posts: 29
    Stupid Mop
    Without FoxyMop Vitalogy would not be as dark, claustrophobic & beautiful as it is.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    Evacuation
    Just got a hold of vault 4 on vinyl. Arrived today. Sitting outside with a bottle of wine listening and....damn....Evacuation just sounded so fucking good!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    Evacuation
    And holy shit the end of immortality! What a great version.
  • Options
    vladsplatvladsplat Posts: 116
    Big Wave
    was a toss up between Big Wave and Supersonic for me.
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Don't Gimme No Lip
    I wasn't a fan of the song at all until I got in Denver last year. Made me love it now.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Big Wave
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't get the hate for big wave; I love this song live.

Yep
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Johnny Guitar
    I really dig Johnny Guitar. It's Pearl Jam thinking outside the Pearl Jam box. Good lyrics. Good groove. Good song. Silver medal goes to Future Days.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Future Days
    Future Days doesn't belong in a list with these other songs. I think a lot of the reason some people don't like it is because they can't relate to it. Truth is, it's another gem written by Ed. This is as good as anything he's ever written. It just needs to either grow on you, or you need to catch up to it, which you probably will one day.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Future Days

Future Days doesn't belong in a list with these other songs. I think a lot of the reason some people don't like it is because they can't relate to it. Truth is, it's another gem written by Ed. This is as good as anything he's ever written. It just needs to either grow on you, or you need to catch up to it, which you probably will one day.

Couldn't agree more, a beautiful song, lyrically and musically. With what ever happens in your life good and bad , songs can be related to in many ways. And this song as you says grows on you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited April 2015
    Evacuation
    cydonia said:

Couldn't agree more, a beautiful song, lyrically and musically. With what ever happens in your life good and bad , songs can be related to in many ways. And this song as you says grows on you.
    I think it's fucking terrible. Worst song on that list after Ole IMO.
    :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Future Days
    Ot was really hard to choose between Future Days and Last Kiss, but I went with Future Days because it's just so sweet, I love it...it's a beautiful ballad! <3
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Johnny Guitar
    PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

I completely agree with you =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Last Kiss
    not gonna lie, last kiss was the first pearl jam song on my ipod...i still have an attachment to it.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Supersonic
    Just listened to Sweet Lew. Kinda wish they had given the music to Ed to do something with. Great musically.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Future Days

PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

Haters are gonna hate.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Evacuation

PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

Haters are gonna hate.
    I dont know about anyone else, but i probably would have liked this much more as an ed solo release. I love itw and uke songs, but when i think of pj, i dont want this type of tune. Add to that a second super sappy song like sirens and that weird sleeping by myself, it was just too much.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Future Days

PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

Haters are gonna hate.
    I dont know about anyone else, but i probably would have liked this much more as an ed solo release. I love itw and uke songs, but when i think of pj, i dont want this type of tune. Add to that a second super sappy song like sirens and that weird sleeping by myself, it was just too much.

See I think it showed a lot of growth by the band putting those kinds of songs on the album...I love all three....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited May 2015
    Don't Gimme No Lip
    I liked future days live. It is a beautiful song.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Evacuation
    PJSiren said:

PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

Haters are gonna hate.

See I think it showed a lot of growth by the band putting those kinds of songs on the album...I love all three....
    If thats growth then i wanted it stunted. Lol.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RVM1978RVM1978 Leesburg, FL Posts: 320
    Don't Gimme No Lip
    DON'T GIMME NO LIP!
    08/12/2000 - Tampa, FL; 04/09/2003 - Birmingham, AL; 04/11/2003 - West Palm Beach, FL
    04/13/2003 - Tampa, FL; 10/08/2004 - Kissimmee, FL; 05/16 & 17/2006 - Chicago, IL;
    05/19/2006 - Grand Rapids, MI; 05/22/2006 - Auburn Hills, MI; 08/05/2007 - Chicago, IL;
    05/03/2010 - Kansas City, MO; 07/19/2013 - Chicago, IL; 04/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL;
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Evacuation
    PJSiren said:

PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

Haters are gonna hate.

I think I hate it mostly as a piano player. Those keyboards are dreadful. But also agree about the Ed solo comment. Take away the Casio, and it would have been at least reasonable on some solo job.
    But i am always happy for anyone who enjoys a song. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Future Days
    Future Days. I actually liked the production on the album because it sounds fresh and not a rehash of an older, better song. Which at this point is the territory that I hope PJ explores if and when they record again.
  • Options
    Future Days

PJSiren said:

PJ_Soul said:

cydonia said:

Haters are gonna hate.

If thats growth then i wanted it stunted. Lol.

:rofl:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    sorry, I can't pick just one so I will say the bottom 6.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"