U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Wma31394 said:

Would like to see him finish better..haha jk unlucky twice tonight. Great turn and finish from jozy.

Concerned about his playing time at Dortmund. Definitely awesome getting to practice against that team but going to be tough to get too much time. Hope they make good decisions about when he gets loaned and where he goes. Going to need more consistent playing time soon.
    Yeah, I was surprised he didn't end up on a loan especially after all the moves Dortmund made in the transfer window.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Would like to see him finish better..haha jk unlucky twice tonight. Great turn and finish from jozy.

Ha dude, I was gonna say. Hit two posts today, has multiple goals for a top 15 club in the world and 3 international goals at 17.
    He's for real..speed, skill, decision making...strength will come.
    It's amazing how strong he plays for his size. Tracked back on that one today and then there was this...

Wma31394 said:

Concerned about his playing time at Dortmund. Definitely awesome getting to practice against that team but going to be tough to get too much time. Hope they make good decisions about when he gets loaned and where he goes. Going to need more consistent playing time soon.
    Yeah, I was surprised he didn't end up on a loan especially after all the moves Dortmund made in the transfer window.
    Definitely. They are stacked. It's gonna happen sooner than later...
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    ESPN reporting Lando coming out of retirement to join Galaxy
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 said:

Interesting. Still wouldn't get me to watch MLS though...

Wma31394 said:

haha...I didn't watch when he could play...

Wma31394 said:

Good point. I've tried, but just can't get into MLS. I guess I'm a soccer elitist....EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga is pretty much all that I watch.

Wma31394 said:

Good point. I've tried, but just can't get into MLS. I guess I'm a soccer elitist....EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga is pretty much all that I watch.
    I only really catch the really big games. The timing is terrible with work, then on the weekends I always find myself doing something else. I'll go out of my way for some of the bigger games, but tough for me to watch too much. I try every year...

Wma31394 said:

I only really catch the really big games. The timing is terrible with work, then on the weekends I always find myself doing something else. I'll go out of my way for some of the bigger games, but tough for me to watch too much. I try every year...
    I work at home a majority of the time so it's nice and easy for me to catch any European games that are on during the week. And it's great waking up on a Sat/Sun morning and there's soccer on starting at 630am. I'm usually not awake until the 9am games but with a kid on the way, I have a feeling I'll be catching a lot of these 630am games real soon...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    why is this the MLS thread if you fuckers won't watch that shit.

real salt lake's coach is a cliche machine - "our boys showed courage; I couldn't be prouder of my guys" yada yada yada.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Pulisic having a real good 1st half in Champions league action today..
    Wma31394 said:

Saw highlights and his assist. This kid is about to get hype like no player in this country's history. He play well besides that?

Wma31394 said:

Saw highlights and his assist. This kid is about to get hype like no player in this country's history. He play well besides that?
    Yea he was creating all kinds of scoring chances the whole game..the team from Poland was not good but he's still proving he can play on europes biggest stage.
    I guess the concern about Pulisic not getting enough playing time isn't much of a concern just yet. Starting in his 3rd straight game for Dortmund today...
    Pulisic in the lineup for Dortmund vs Real Madrid today. Should be an awesome game....I really appreciate working at home on days like today.

Pulisic in the lineup for Dortmund vs Real Madrid today. Should be an awesome game....I really appreciate working at home on days like today.

Nevermind. He's a sub today...not starting.

So the fucking kid set up the game tying goal? I gotta go watch a replay of this. In your hood and was in meetings all day but what in the fuck is this kid for real?!

So the fucking kid set up the game tying goal? I gotta go watch a replay of this. In your hood and was in meetings all day but what in the fuck is this kid for real?!
    Yeah man, it was a nice cross to set up the 2nd goal. It's amazing how calm he is with the ball....even when playing Real fucking Madrid! Still can't believe this is an 18 year old American. Crazy.

How's Chicago treating ya?

Yeah man, it was a nice cross to set up the 2nd goal. It's amazing how calm he is with the ball....even when playing Real fucking Madrid! Still can't believe this is an 18 year old American. Crazy.

How's Chicago treating ya?
    Yeah, I mean, we have never had a player play at this level, let alone a kid. Pretty crazy

Good time. Was there for a conference but got out a bit. Hit up Wrigley Sunday then was out and about a bit in the evenings. Good time. Nice city. Not sure how I haven't been in so long...
    Crazy that MLS limits teams to 4 charter flights per season. That league is such a joke. Really hard to take it seriously with crap like this in addition to their "designated player" nonsense and the league existing as a single entity.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/la-sp-galaxy-travel-20161003-snap-story.html
    Friendly vs Cuba today. Nice to see lots of young guys get the call for these 2 friendlies. But why in the fuck is Wondo on this roster?!?!? Just go away already.

Friendly vs Cuba today. Nice to see lots of young guys get the call for these 2 friendlies. But why in the fuck is Wondo on this roster?!?!? Just go away already.

Pretty cool they are playing in Cuba. I didn't know about this game until it started popping up on Twitter over the past day or so. I think I saw Green is starting. I like it. But yeah, beat it, Wondo.
    Big one tonight. Hopefully dos a cero continues! I'll be at a rehearsal dinner for a wedding during the game so not sure if I'll be able to watch it....bummer.

Big one tonight. Hopefully dos a cero continues! I'll be at a rehearsal dinner for a wedding during the game so not sure if I'll be able to watch it....bummer.

Hell yeah. im pretty pumped though I have a massive ear infection that has crippled me the last couple days.
    This is awesome too. Kid is the best

https://youtu.be/bbiY0Sk1G0g
    edited November 2016
    No Dempsey? Edit: oh hurt
    edited November 2016
    Gonna be talking to myself tonight it seems.

This 3 back formation isn't gonna work, especially if Mexico dominates possession early

Very very cool to see the players get a combined team pic before the game.
    edited November 2016
    Yep

Bradley needs to be tougher...heard that before? And I have no clue why we're trying to play a wide open game with these guys. They have numbers every time
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    This is fucking trash
    Back to a not stupid formation