U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Wma31394 said:

HOLY FUCK THE END OF THE BARCELONA GAME!

Unreal..
    I put it on watch ESPN after the 4th goal at something like 88 minutes. Just insane
    That was bananas! Can't imagine being a PSG fan right now....what a meltdown.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Wma31394 said:

HOLY FUCK THE END OF THE BARCELONA GAME!

Unreal..
    I put it on watch ESPN after the 4th goal at something like 88 minutes. Just insane
    That was bananas! Can't imagine being a PSG fan right now....what a meltdown.
    Dude, I have watched that goal and celebration probably a dozen times since then. Absolutely insane. They showed a grown ass French dude crying haha

So pulisic not only started a champions league game and scored a goal, but was the best player on the field today. God damn

Crazy. 18 year old American starting in the 2nd leg of a champions league knockout round game.
    Insane. Kid was so composed on that goal. Of course the US is gonna fuck it up
    Huge few days coming up for the USMNT. Have to win Friday and at least a draw in Panama. Brutal Wood, Johnson and Yedlin will miss these games. And fucking Wondo?!?!? Seriously?!? Just stop it with that guy already.

Late start time for Friday night...not until 10pm central. I have an early flight to Vegas Saturday morning so doubt I'm going to catch much of the game but I'll definitely try.

Huge few days coming up for the USMNT. Have to win Friday and at least a draw in Panama. Brutal Wood, Johnson and Yedlin will miss these games. And fucking Wondo?!?!? Seriously?!? Just stop it with that guy already.

Late start time for Friday night...not until 10pm central. I have an early flight to Vegas Saturday morning so doubt I'm going to catch much of the game but I'll definitely try.

Obviously a huge couple games. Roster blows, but they should still take care of them easily...should.

Dude, best time of year to go to Vegas. The weather is amazing and the tournament. God I hate that place so much.

Obviously a huge couple games. Roster blows, but they should still take care of them easily...should.

Dude, best time of year to go to Vegas. The weather is amazing and the tournament. God I hate that place so much.
    Yeah, should be 2 Ws coming up here....just still can't believe they are in this 0-2 hole to start the hex.

Yeah man, pretty pumped for this weekend.....a good friend's bachelor party and we have a nice group of 10 of us heading out. Haven't been out there since my own bachelor party 4 and a half years ago. Wayyyy too long....used to go out there at least once a year. Can't wait.

Yeah, should be 2 Ws coming up here....just still can't believe they are in this 0-2 hole to start the hex.

Yeah man, pretty pumped for this weekend.....a good friend's bachelor party and we have a nice group of 10 of us heading out. Haven't been out there since my own bachelor party 4 and a half years ago. Wayyyy too long....used to go out there at least once a year. Can't wait.
    Yeah, brutal.

Good stuff, man. That should be a blast. Perfect time of year. The terrace at Omnia in Caesar's is a good spot to get bottle service in weather like this.
    Here we go.
    The squad has been tight for klinsman coming out in every game. Will be curious to see if arena can get this team loose
    Yes!!!!! And the kid was involved
    edited March 2017
    Kid was into goal on that. Ball was in
    I have been cursing Bradley all game they he pours in a 25 yarder with his left foot
    I just jizzed
    Stop it
    Pulisic and Dempsey. Oh my god
    So yeah I hated the arena move...
    Oh my god
    Well that went pretty well on Friday night! Need another 3 points tonight.
    Watched the first half before I feel asleep. Very sloppy. Much different than Friday night. That goal was something. Pulisic beating two guys in the box.

Seems like they are in pretty good shape after these two games. 3 points would have been ideal but I guess we'll take it

Watched the first half before I feel asleep. Very sloppy. Much different than Friday night. That goal was something. Pulisic beating two guys in the box.

Seems like they are in pretty good shape after these two games. 3 points would have been ideal but I guess we'll take it

It got a little better in the 2nd half. That goal setup by Pulisic was incredible....he's going to be a a great one.

A win would have been nice, but they have put themselves in a good position.
    Also, enough of Jermaine Jones. Pulisic needs to be starting at central midfield and not out wide. This kid is the future of this team...no more messing around.

Also, enough of Jermaine Jones. Pulisic needs to be starting at central midfield and not out wide. This kid is the future of this team...no more messing around.

I was really really surprised to see Pulisic inside on Friday. I think he has been outside for Dortmund to date, though I could be wrong, and I felt like it just would have been a big change for him in such an important game. That said, it obviously worked perfectly.

I am with you, though I like Jones a whole lot more than pretty much anyone else. I kind of fancied myself a similar player (though obviously on a much smaller scale), once I got to college. Hold down the middle, play real tough. Don't make mistakes and get a shot here and there from the top of the 18. The problem is that they seem to have 2 of them in both Bradley (I am about over this guy too) and Jones. Need someone there to make some plays though and Jones clearly doesn't have the speed anymore.

That back line last night....ooof

I was really really surprised to see Pulisic inside on Friday. I think he has been outside for Dortmund to date, though I could be wrong, and I felt like it just would have been a big change for him in such an important game. That said, it obviously worked perfectly.

I am with you, though I like Jones a whole lot more than pretty much anyone else. I kind of fancied myself a similar player (though obviously on a much smaller scale), once I got to college. Hold down the middle, play real tough. Don't make mistakes and get a shot here and there from the top of the 18. The problem is that they seem to have 2 of them in both Bradley (I am about over this guy too) and Jones. Need someone there to make some plays though and Jones clearly doesn't have the speed anymore.

Pretty sure Pulisic plays outside for Dortmund, but I think he's perfect playing central for the US....he has quickly become their best playmaker and will just keep getting better. It would feel like a waste to have someone that good playing on the outside.

I used to really like Jones, but like you said he really doesn't have the speed anymore. He just doesn't seem to bring much to the table at this point besides a suspension for yellow card accumulation. Yeah, that back line was a little rough last night, but considering 3 guys who would normally be starting were out in Cameron, Brooks and Yedlin, a draw on the road in a qualifier is a pretty nice result.

Pretty sure Pulisic plays outside for Dortmund, but I think he's perfect playing central for the US....he has quickly become their best playmaker and will just keep getting better. It would feel like a waste to have someone that good playing on the outside.

I used to really like Jones, but like you said he really doesn't have the speed anymore. He just doesn't seem to bring much to the table at this point besides a suspension for yellow card accumulation. Yeah, that back line was a little rough last night, but considering 3 guys who would normally be starting were out in Cameron, Brooks and Yedlin, a draw on the road in a qualifier is a pretty nice result.
    Yeah, I am pretty certain he does. Best player in general, not just the best play maker. Yeah, I agree though keep in mind that Ronaldo plays on the outside and he's not too bad at soccer.

Yeah, agreed. What does Bradley bring to the table too?

Yeah, I am pretty certain he does. Best player in general, not just the best play maker. Yeah, I agree though keep in mind that Ronaldo plays on the outside and he's not too bad at soccer.

Yeah, agreed. What does Bradley bring to the table too?
    Haha yeah, I guess that Ronaldo guy is a pretty decent soccer player on the outside. Wherever he can touch the ball as much as possible is where Pulisic should play...and I think that's in the middle.

Yeah, I've had enough of Bradley too....the guy is so inconsistent.
    Joint bid for 2026 with Mexico and Canada. US definitely has the infrastructure to host this on its own, but I'm guessing this is because of all the travel ban nonsense from the Trump administration??? Seems kinda silly to have 3 countries hosting it, but I guess the US would have 60 out of the 80 games. I'm assuming this will be the winning bid...

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/3100808/us-mexico-and-canada-officially-launch-bid-to-co-host-2026-world-cup

Joint bid for 2026 with Mexico and Canada. US definitely has the infrastructure to host this on its own, but I'm guessing this is because of all the travel ban nonsense from the Trump administration??? Seems kinda silly to have 3 countries hosting it, but I guess the US would have 60 out of the 80 games. I'm assuming this will be the winning bid...

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/3100808/us-mexico-and-canada-officially-launch-bid-to-co-host-2026-world-cup

I can get down with this. Gotta figure it's Mexico City and maaaybe Guadalajara. Then Toronto, Montreal, and maybe Vancouver? Figure Vancouver would be a shoo in but I would also assume that the US would want to reward Sounders fans and have Seattle and they can't/won't have both, I can't imagine.

Philly won't get any games, but I would definitely go to anything in NY/DC.
    Working from home this afternoon with some good Champion's League action on.