2»

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited April 2015
    Hobbes said:

PJSiren said:

Hobbes said:

I think you've taken some great strides these last few days. I am proud of you. I know inpatient treatment can be difficult with, well life and all, but have you considered going to NA meetings? That form of group therapy can work wonders, especially in early recovery.

Like many have said, I'm here if you need to chat.

I'll have 9 years this summer clean and sober. I'm an alcoholic/drug addict. Drug of choice: Heroin.

Heroin is what my cousin is kicking...any advice I can pass along?

Don't know that she would take it...she's in an angry place but like I said doing well, going to her NA meetings and Parole meetings and all that stuff...and been doing good for her son...so I'm proud of how far she's come...but I ask cuz you've got 9 years and if I tell her that maybe she'll listen...I dunno, I can hope anyway...

Thanks!
    Anger is a secondary emotion. She needs to find the source of her anger be it sadness, shame, guilt, fear, etc. Those are primary emotions and need to be looked at honestly. It's tough, for anybody, addict or not. Ultimately she needs to know that it's okay to feel that way. Cdysinge is feeling sadness for his friend and co-worker retiring. That's great. He's feeling something. There was a quote in treatment, "If you bury your demons, you might accidentally bury your angels, too." We numbed ourselves for so many years that now all emotions will surface. We want to feel joy, well be ready to feel sad as well. But it's okay.

And if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
    Thanks! She actually messaged my mom last night...which was a huge step, as she hadn't been speaking to my mom(her aunt), because of something my mom had said when she was still on the drugs...and so that was good...I was really happy to hear that...she's making progress... I will try to talk to her and pass along your wisdom and see how that goes thank you, hobbes!

And congrats to cdy for making it another day! I'm so proud of you man! :smiley:
    Post edited by PJSiren on
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Thank you PJ Siren. I have a big chore coming up in a few minutes I am bloody nervous about. My friend that retired is coming by to go for a walk. So far I only told him I went on a health kick last week and not why. I decided I want to tell him. I want to tell him as once he knows he will kick my ass if I go back. I think in my life I have met two real life angels on this planet. One was an old boss when I was in high school and then him. I know he would do anything for me like I was his son (he is 20 years older). He doesnt have kids and kind of adopted me when we met. I almost have two fathers in a way. As ashamed as I am to tell him (I have disappointment issues with those I care about) its better I tell him for my long term goal of staying clean.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    You'll be in my thoughts, and sending good vibes your way, you can do it! :smile:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Way to go cdsinge! Hope the talk with your mentor went well. I'm guessing he suspected something was up and will be proud of you for taking this step.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Way to go cdsinge! Hope the talk with your mentor went well. I'm guessing he suspected something was up and will be proud of you for taking this step.

I agree!
  • Options
    Actually he had no idea but gave me a hug and told me was proud. It was actually a very touching moment.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    This makes me smile. You are taking steps on the right path....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I should add I should have known better. The guy followed around the Dead for a few years. Its why I love him. Despite the fact he was a very successful guy you would almost not know he was 60. He is still a dead head at heart but a modern version that still loves to smoke a bowl on the weekend.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I should add I should have known better. The guy followed around the Dead for a few years. Its why I love him. Despite the fact he was a very successful guy you would almost not know he was 60. He is still a dead head at heart but a modern version that still loves to smoke a bowl on the weekend.

So now you have even
    More support! This is great and it makes me smile!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    Hope you're hanging in! Be strong.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Thanks Rob. Today is say 11 and I am starting to settle into this new life finally. I went to the gym again yesterday and love how it makes me feel. I am floored by how much I am eating. I see why people gain weight after detox which is why I want to go to the gym. I would rather get my Marine body back then plump up some. Music Festival is Saturday with my daughter and I think I'm about ready.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Awrsome!! Now, that you've got clarity on your side, enjoy this very special day with your daughter. Ps music is soooooo
    Much better sober!!
  • Options
    I made it through my first sober show. I didn't even smoke a bowl or have a beer. I wanted to enjoy spending time with my daughter sober and It was worth it. We got to have the 'if a boy ever hits you please beat the shit out of him and make sure you call me so I can kill him' talk and the drug talk. I never talked with my kids about why I joined the Marine Corps.(to get away from my drug friends and to try and kick start my life). I was saving it for their teenage years to prove a point of going to college and being focused rather than stoned and going nowhere. I was happy as she listened and told me she isn't ready to give up being my concert buddy yet. It's tradition for us to go to these things and she is already excited for Mayhem in July. Today is day 13 and I am so happy I did this.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    cdysinge said:

I made it through my first sober show. I didn't even smoke a bowl or have a beer. I wanted to enjoy spending time with my daughter sober and It was worth it. We got to have the 'if a boy ever hits you please beat the shit out of him and make sure you call me so I can kill him' talk and the drug talk. I never talked with my kids about why I joined the Marine Corps.(to get away from my drug friends and to try and kick start my life). I was saving it for their teenage years to prove a point of going to college and being focused rather than stoned and going nowhere. I was happy as she listened and told me she isn't ready to give up being my concert buddy yet. It's tradition for us to go to these things and she is already excited for Mayhem in July. Today is day 13 and I am so happy I did this.

Way to go cdysinge. Your daughter is a lucky girl.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    cdysinge said:

It sounds as if you had an awesome time with your daughter. Yay! Congrats on your continued sobriety.
    ELITIST FUK