Options

Instagram...?

124»

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Who says "DM" in instead of PM? Yeah it sounds scammy.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Yeah.. It sounds weird.. No DM'ing from me.
  • Options

On IG you direct message versus private message.

Ps my stupid auto correct thought I wanted to say die text message instead of direct!! Lol
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

On IG you direct message versus private message.

Ps my stupid auto correct thought I wanted to say die text message instead of direct!! Lol
    LMAO! auto correct, ain't it grand!?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    He has a lot of promotional stuff on his site...but he should have DM'd me instead of posting a comment on my McMelty pic...fucker.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

He has a lot of promotional stuff on his site...but he should have DM'd me instead of posting a comment on my McMelty pic...fucker.

Yeah, kinda rude in my opinion.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

"hi I'm working with over 200 companies globally on some projects leveraging social media. DM me for more info"

Anybody get that? Does it sound scammy?

I haven't gotten it, but I think it does sound a little scammy...if it was for real I would think they would DM you...I tend to ignore comments like that on my pics and actually just delete them...it pisses me off...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    i don't think they can DM you unless you are following them and they are following you or maybe that's twitter. I would block em either way.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

i don't think they can DM you unless you are following them and they are following you or maybe that's twitter. I would block em either way.

You know I'm not sure about that...I think I got a DM once recently from someone I didn't have as a follower or wasn't following, but then I have so many followers that I might have just overlooked it...I have a lot of them that start following me, and I for the life of me can't fig out why so I don't follow back...LMAO!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm pretty sure you can DM away as long as the other person isn't set as private.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited May 2015
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

You know I'm not sure about that...I think I got a DM once recently from someone I didn't have as a follower or wasn't following, but then I have so many followers that I might have just overlooked it...I have a lot of them that start following me, and I for the life of me can't fig out why so I don't follow back...LMAO!
    it's probably cuz you use hashtags. When I first got it I used the #catsofinstagram and wound up with likes from a bunch of strangers, which I guess is kind of the point of hashtags. I dunno I only use them ironically now, like when im being a smartass most of the time
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    I've gonnen a few followers from using hashtags...I usually follow back. Unless their account is all selfies.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    edited May 2016
    This update where the feed isn't in chronological order is the worst. I know it hasn't rolled out to everyone, but I must be one of the lucky ones that they are testing it on. Even worse is that there isn't an option to change your feed so it's in the right order....just the stupid algorithm they came up with.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

This update where the feed isn't in chronological order is the worst. I know it hasn't rolled out to everyone, but I must be one of the lucky ones that they are testing it on. Even worse is that there isn't an option to change your feed so it's in the right order....just the stupid algorithm they came up with.

It pisses me off, too! The reason I follow people is because I want to see their pictures. I shouldn't have to "turn on post notifications" in addition to already following people to see what they are posting.
    Facebook fucking pisses me off (they own Instagram). STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERY GOD DAMN THING WORK LIKE FUCKING FUCKFACEBOOK!!!
  • Options
    The little icon on my phone switched over...I thought I had 'automatic update' turned off :perturbed:
    My photos are still in chronological order, so I made sure to turn off the updates.

I agree with the stupid FB feed, I always switch to 'most recent' so I can somewhat chronologically see all the posts, but I hate it when I looked through everything and then it has the 'suggested stories' and I see stuff people posted that I didn't see, that I wanted to see.

Their algorithm program SUCKS.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742

It pisses me off, too! The reason I follow people is because I want to see their pictures. I shouldn't have to "turn on post notifications" in addition to already following people to see what they are posting.
    Facebook fucking pisses me off (they own Instagram). STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERY GOD DAMN THING WORK LIKE FUCKING FUCKFACEBOOK!!!
    I know. It's fucking ridiculous. I don't get why they try so hard with all of this algorithm bullshit. If they're going to do that, they should at least give you an option to have the feed in order. And yeah, fuck facebook. I deactivated that nonsense a few years ago....what a cesspool that turned into.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Just followed or requested to follow some of you. Feel free to follow back (same name as here), although right now I've only got pics from my vacation to Chattanooga on there.

Couldn't find the accounts for PJSiren and Ident42 though.
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Instagram is the only social network account I have.
    I don't mind followers and I blocked a lot of "weird" ones. My husband and I installed it the same evening just few months ago: he's on FB and he had almost 60 followers in the same moment I was still trying to log in using my old dear e-mail :rofl:
    Since I only post pictures taken by me (or sometimes my husband's ones) I kinda like the idea of having a "photo album" of the places I've been, so I'm still enjoying posting some pictures, especially when we're on travel. As RKCNDY said, the coolest thing is when a very good account likes one of my posts :smile:
    I follow a low number of other accounts, so I didn't find the new algorithm a problem. I think that I can see all the pictures from the people I follow anyway.
    The only big problem is the huge amount of data used by the app (and the limitations of the web version). I wish they could reactivate the option for disabling the auto-play of the videos just to save some megabytes.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    IG is the only social media I kept...I purged everything else. I'm just so over it, but being an artist/photographer, it's a really fun way to share and interact with people.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

Just followed or requested to follow some of you. Feel free to follow back (same name as here), although right now I've only got pics from my vacation to Chattanooga on there.

You're on my feed MarkyMark550. Quite a few of you are.
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

IG is the only social media I kept...I purged everything else. I'm just so over it, but being an artist/photographer, it's a really fun way to share and interact with people.

So agree! IG and here are the only social media sites I kept.. it's been over 6 months since I deleted the last FB account. I DO NOT miss it! Lol
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    There's so much great photography on it, it almost spoils you in a way.
  • Options

Hey there...yeah my username changed, sorry about that...it's pjcatsinthetardis now...I just sent you a request markymark550. :bee:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105

PJSiren said:

Hey there...yeah my username changed, sorry about that...it's pjcatsinthetardis now...I just sent you a request markymark550. :bee:
    Got y'all too.

While I don't post a whole lot, IG is the one social media app that I can just lose time with finding random pictures/videos. Kind of like the never ending web of YouTube lol.
  • Options

PJSiren said:

Got y'all too.

While I don't post a whole lot, IG is the one social media app that I can just lose time with finding random pictures/videos. Kind of like the never ending web of YouTube lol.
    I love IG...i got rid of all my social media except IG a few months ago because IG allows me to express myself creatively. I have 3 accounts actually. My main, a pet account and a journaling/art account.
    Tattooed Dissident!